HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ Rebuild w/ LA, Tor, Edm

Old
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
johansen, luke schenn, and a 1st for a draft pick?

even if it is the #2 overall, HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Johansen (future #2 center), Schenn (current bottom pairing guy, potnetial #3 shut down guy), and 15th overall for what is currently 2nd or 3rd overall and a potential franchise player in Grigorenko or Murray? I don't see why you're laughing.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Koto

edm says no

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
onetweasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorydays22 View Post
I'm not a CBJ fan (Islanders actually) but I think these are really realistic deals.

The Nash deal, the CBJ have been asking for more from other teams - they are trying to get half the team from Tor and NYR. So I think this is definitely doable.

The Carter deal - Burke met with the CBJ GM a few days ago in NY. Burke isn't going after Nash because of what I mentioned about (Price too high). He is definitely going after Carter and you know CBJ is going to get a couple of top spects for him. Remember what they paid just this past year for him.

The Edmonton deal - This is the only one I'm not sure. Believe me the value is there, just not sure what EDM is thinking. You know how much Edm loves picks.
The Edmonton deal is just terrible. So if the Oil pick 2nd or 3rd we get a beyond useless goalie, a late first and Luke Schenn.......the value is definitely not there...believe me.

onetweasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I said it's an overpayment genius. But the Oilers would have no reason to move a pick where we could get another potential franchise center for a poor backup goalie, a bottom pairing dman, and a mid 1st. It just doesn't make sense
that is more than an overpayment.. johansen and the first alone may be overpayment depending on where their pick falls.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Johansen (future #2 center), Schenn (current bottom pairing guy, potnetial #3 shut down guy), and 15th overall for what is currently 2nd or 3rd overall and a potential franchise player in Grigorenko or Murray? I don't see why you're laughing.
the fact that you think that johansen is a future #2 center says a lot

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Koto

Quote:
?

that he has reasonable expectations?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
TYayo

LA deal is doable...

Toronto gives up a little to much for carter...Maybe Schenn plus D'amigo and a 2nd

Edmonton deal...Although I think if they have the number 1-2-3 overall pick..they should trade it..for D...or at least down a couple places and get Murray or Dumba and still pick up an asset...They have enough young talent on the wings that Yakupov Grigorenko Forsberg aren't needed that bad (comparable to D and goalie) but Steve Mason isn't what anyone needs right now...

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:45 PM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
LA deal is doable...

Toronto gives up a little to much for carter...Maybe Schenn plus D'amigo and a 2nd

Edmonton deal...Although I think if they have the number 1-2-3 overall pick..they should trade it..for D...or at least down a couple places and get Murray or Dumba and still pick up an asset...They have enough young talent on the wings that Yakupov Grigorenko Forsberg aren't needed that bad (comparable to D and goalie) but Steve Mason isn't what anyone needs right now...
IMHO Schenn + D'amigo + 2nd will not get Carter. If you want to take Kadri out it will have to be Schenn, Colborne, 2nd.

d'Amigo may never play in the NHL. Columbus is gonna want at least 2 NHLer's in the deal.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:50 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Look man, I really like Johansen. But let's be realistic here, Johansen is a safe bet to be a 2nd line center, a long shot to be a first line center.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Nooo thanks from the Oilers perspective. If we get one of Grig or Murray or Dumba, it's really hard to pass one of those up for the package that you mentioned.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
IBLeaf*

You aren't getting Schenn and Kadri for Carter. Choose one and add a draft pick and salary dump.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:57 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

I think the first two are realistic. Other one depends on where the Oilers finish.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:56 PM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpallday View Post
You aren't getting Schenn and Kadri for Carter. Choose one and add a draft pick and salary dump.
Can I ask you why Schenn + Kadri is not going to get it done?

Schenn is playing low minutes in his 4th season in the NHL. He is playing for a team with lots of depth at D and could afford to send him packing. His value to CBJ would be higher than to the Leafs.

Kadri is in his third year since benig drafted. He has offensive potential, but if he hasn't significantly developed by this time next year, you can call him a bust, a change of scenery (and fast) might really help him.

I was originally worried these two would not even land you Carter, and was going to make it a first instead of a 2nd. I'm sorry but as a Leafs fan you are clearly showing your homerism here. To get Carter this is a pretty good deal.

Carter makes Toronto better now and in the long term.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 1775
No thanks from Toronto.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The Oilers deal is rather terrible. The first two are not far off. Tweak them and I think that's about ballpark. Nash and Carter will have more than decent value despite Columbus' struggles.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:02 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
that is more than an overpayment.. johansen and the first alone may be overpayment depending on where their pick falls.
no... no it wouldn't

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Murrray/Yakupov > Schenn + Mason + mid-late first IMO. If Edmonton was getting Bernier it would be slightly more attractive.... but still not enough IMO. Edmonton needs PMD, not SAHD.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Briecheeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Can I ask you why Schenn + Kadri is not going to get it done?

Schenn is playing low minutes in his 4th season in the NHL. He is playing for a team with lots of depth at D and could afford to send him packing. His value to CBJ would be higher than to the Leafs.

Kadri is in his third year since benig drafted. He has offensive potential, but if he hasn't significantly developed by this time next year, you can call him a bust, a change of scenery (and fast) might really help him.

I was originally worried these two would not even land you Carter, and was going to make it a first instead of a 2nd. I'm sorry but as a Leafs fan you are clearly showing your homerism here. To get Carter this is a pretty good deal.

Carter makes Toronto better now and in the long term.
Schenn + Kadri + a 2nd is roughly (Philly and CBJ fans, hold back your pitchforks) equal to what the Jackets gave up Carter in the off-season. You're not getting close to that for Carter now, not after the season he's had. Leafs easily say no.

Schenn + 1st + Lombardi was the consensus yesterday (from both Jackets fans and Leafs fans), if you're thinking about the price for Carter. Selling low on Kadri is a rather stupid mistake.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
shizan

So Edmonton gives up a franchise player with their pick which will be at least #2 to get back a goalie that looks to be another Andrew Raycroft, a later first round draft pick and a struggling D-man who has been a 5.5 million dollar healthy scratch. lol get real

shizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Way too much from the Kings. That's not going to happen.
JJ, Bernier, and a late first is too much for Nash? No..it isn't. As a matter of fact, we'd probably be adding in the real world.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote