HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to Nashville E4!

Old
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
From what I understand, the Gill package was supposed to be bigger but couldn't be done. If it involved AK, who knows.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSexualManCrush View Post
Fair enough. 25 point player.
He's having a down year, but people on here fail to realize he doesn't see ice time with their top guns. He's on a 2nd line with the epitome of average center in Horcoff and now a rookie in MPS.

His talent hasn't gone away, put him on a contending team and he's going to play well. His shoulder looks to be holding up as well. Seen him take plenty of big hits and gets up from them just fine.

If the Pens run out of options for more longterm solutions at wing, then I'd want him here.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
You questioned why people think he's a useful player, but now you're contradicting your statement by now saying he's valuable?

Who's valuing him as an injury free 70 point player?
I questioned the value Oilers fans are putting on him. A 1st and a prospect, but saying he has some value doesn't contradict that at all.

He's not worth a 1st and a prospect, but is worth a 2nd rounder.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
The 1st they really needed was the one they traded for Penner's offersheet. (Tyler Myers)

TOML
Thank you!

We also acquired Eberle in that draft, so whatever.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
I questioned the value Oilers fans are putting on him. A 1st and a prospect, but saying he has some value doesn't contradict that at all.

Absolutely agree with you. No way is he worth a 1st and to add a prospect on top of that is insane. If EDM can get a 1st+ they better take that deal fast before the drugs wear off the other GM.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

How do you know?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:

Great another bookmark to show the knowledge in here , and go look at any player on pace for 70 pts this year ufa or not do you think they would just fetch a late 1st and prospect So Gaborik and Kopitar would fetch a 1st and Prospects because you say people are evaluating Hemsky as a 70 pt player and this is what a 1st and prospect fetches. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:22 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
How do you know?
I'll tell you what. Name the teams that will give up not just a 1st, but a 1st and a prospect for Hemsky.

Then, fans of other teams can look at tell you why there's no way that happens.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Skipee

I would not trade a first round pick for Hemsky in a million years. Especially not Nashville who has an amazing draft and development system.

Skipee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Zack Kassian

Lets get some trades going.

Zack Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Im not arguing whether Hemsky will get a high return or not. Im just sick of seeing him talked about being a useful player. He was. Now he isn't.
Then stay out of Hemsky threads instead of seeking out every single one.

That was an easy fix.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I'll tell you what. Name the teams that will give up not just a 1st, but a 1st and a prospect for Hemsky.

Because clearly fans on message boards know what's happening with negotiations between GMs.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:30 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Can't fathom that Nashville would see Ales Hemsky as a better fit for their team or a playoff run in the West than Andrei Kostitsyn.
I'd prefer AK, and as another Preds poster said, Poile said he tried to make the Gill trade bigger, but it didn't work out (I'm speculating AK, he didn't say anyone in particular).

I'd be ok with a 1st for Hemsky. It's hopefully a late first, and we've drafted well.

I'd rather not part with Blum for him. Blum's had a rough year, but he's shown that he could be a first pairing guy or at worst a second pairing guy last year. He just needed a little extra seasoning in the AHL. If Weber/Suter don't sign, we need Blum.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Ishad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Great another bookmark to show the knowledge in here , and go look at any player on pace for 70 pts this year ufa or not do you think they would just fetch a late 1st and prospect So Gaborik and Kopitar would fetch a 1st and Prospects because you say people are evaluating Hemsky as a 70 pt player and this is what a 1st and prospect fetches. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv
Hemsky as a 70 point player requires a time machine. Does that come as part of the deal?

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:35 PM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishad View Post
Hemsky as a 70 point player requires a time machine. Does that come as part of the deal?
LMAO... not too mention it has only happened twice in his career and it was so long ago. He is not a 70+ player. He is on the other hand a walking medical chart

Old
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Your missing my point a 70 point player right now at the deadline would fetch a hell of alot more than a late 1st and a prospect aging dman are getting 2nds. and a 2rd round pick is a longshot to ever even make the NHL people in here that think this all Hemsky is going to fetch are on drugs.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Seachd

Quote:

We heard the same thing last year with Penner, and we all know how that turned out.

The best I can say is "we'll see", which I think is a lot more reasonable than saying there's no way something happens.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Your missing my point a 70 point player right now at the deadline would fetch a hell of alot more than a late 1st and a prospect aging dman are getting 2nds. and a 2rd round pick is a longshot to ever even make the NHL people in here that think this all Hemsky is going to fetch are on drugs.

We're talking about Hemsky. The non-70 point player.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Or better linemates and a better team.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
We heard the same thing last year with Penner, and we all know how that turned out.

The best I can say is "we'll see", which I think is a lot more reasonable than saying there's no way something happens.
Well said, got a lot of soothsayers on this board.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:45 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I'd prefer AK, and as another Preds poster said, Poile said he tried to make the Gill trade bigger, but it didn't work out (I'm speculating AK, he didn't say anyone in particular).

I'd be ok with a 1st for Hemsky. It's hopefully a late first, and we've drafted well.

I'd rather not part with Blum for him. Blum's had a rough year, but he's shown that he could be a first pairing guy or at worst a second pairing guy last year. He just needed a little extra seasoning in the AHL. If Weber/Suter don't sign, we need Blum.
My guess is that Poile tried to make the deal AK46 + Gill, but doing that involved an individual asset more significant than a 2nd (i.e., MTL asked for a 1st and Poile I suspect wanted to add 2nd round prospect caliber pieces).

It's why I keep saying GM's right now see 1st round picks being like gold (that's the word Ray Shero uses, and I'd think that's how his mentor David Poile views them too).

Question: In all the years Poile has been GM, how many times has he actually traded his 1st in a deadline deal for a rental? I know he did for Forsberg. Any others?

With Pittsburgh, it was Hossa and nobody else.

People will sit here and say 'you don't know what GM's are discussing', as if that somehow invalidates the argument that GM's aren't giving up 1st round picks except for the highest level impact players.

Someone may get really desperate, and that's what the other team's GM's are hoping for, but I'll be shocked if AK46 garners a 1st, and I'll be absolutely stunned if Hemsky does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post

Fair point, but (a) Penner wasn't a rental like Hemsky (he had a year of term left) and (b) the Penner case is probably a reason why GM's would be more, not less, reticent to give up prime assets (like 1st round picks) for anything but the surest, high level impact rentals.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Or better linemates and a better team.
Since when does that stop a player from putting up their numbers? Most top players put up numbers regardless of the team or players they play with. We are after all talking about a top player, right? Hemsky is already fetching a 1st and a prospect and potentilly more. Those are top player prices.

Old
Seachd

Quote:
We're talking about Hemsky. The non-70 point player.
If you had bothered to read more than 5 words of his post, you would have seen the very clear point he was trying to make.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ishad

Quote:

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I wouldn't give up too much for Hemsky, but we need someone who can help us in possession. We'll create more offense simply by controlling the puck more and cycling more effectively. As it stands, our second power play unit consists of Erat, Fisher, and either Hornqvist or Yip, and Erat is the only player on it that can run a competent cycle (I would argue that he's our best forward, and I'm not really sure why he's out there with that bunch). If we can't control the puck, a sniper is useless because he'll never get the puck on a high-percentage scoring chance. I'd rather have a center, myself, but if Hemsky is available and the price isn't totally absurd, I'd take a stab at him.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote