HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
What's the difference? We are pretending to be GM's, don't we?

Nobody would say "no" because of that. But the way I understood your post was: "Ok, here is a fair value, but if they ask for a bit more, would you turn it down? It's Nash."

In my opinion Loktionov, Bernier and JJ is too much.
No that's not what I was trying to say. I was talking about Vey and Loktionov not the "little bit more" part.

I respect your opinion And that's the beauty of the boards. I think Bernier, JJ and Loktionov is a good deal for the Kings.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Kings fans in general are WAY too impatient with young (< 23) prospects based on the things I read here. Lokti may not be the next Pavel, but I think what damacles was trying to say is that there are aspects of his game that compare favorably to that type of player - on ice vision, hands, hockey IQ. The guy is 21 years old, he can barely buy a drink. Give him some time before saying he's a warm body that could be replaced by Cliche.
Bang on Better than I said it, thank you.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Pavel only scored 35 points in his first full season, And he was about 23 ?
That's a good point for all of us. Maybe even Lombardi?

Old
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
theMajor

vCash: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
There's nothing wrong with losing Bernier or Johnson, it's adding more on top of that...I have an issue with it. Three roster players for Nash is loony.
i disagree about Bernier. say Quick gets hurt, then what do we have? no Bernier as a reliable backup and some unproven goalie in his place? sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.Quick has been the only player showing up every night this season, and the Kings would be in a desolate place if it werent for him. Johnson is the only player the Kings wouldnt miss too terribly

Old
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

If I were Cbus and trying to be strategic, I would try to trade Carter and get Bernier in the package to lowball DL. Wouldn't care about JJ at the time. Hold onto Nash until the summer and then maximize his return then with a Top D Man, a prospect PMD and a top pick to grab another D Man, That way they can keep their ace until later and maximize returns.

I don't see how we get both unless we make some major roster changes. It just doesn't seem realistic to me.

On the opposite side, maybe some major roster changes are what we need.

What I think this comes down to is if DL is willing to go all in. It might be foolish and reckless, but I wouldn't put it past him at this point considering he may be backed into the corner.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:11 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
You don't watch Loki play then, You are only looking at the Score sheet.

Loki has stripped pucks plenty of times this season, He does have very good puck handling skills.

He struggles with board battles, just like all young guys. I didn't say he was Pavel Datsyuk, I parts of his game look like plays Pavel makes.

That is not a stretch if you can get past him not scoring.

Pavel only scored 35 points in his first full season, And he was about 23 ?
I watch Loktionov play plenty. I just don't see him lift someones stick and strip the puck and say OMG THAT WAS DATSYUK esque..And the score sheet is important. If hes not on the score sheet then all he is doing is carrying the puck and striping pucks and that's not enough. Isn't everyone bashing the whole team because we are not scoring goals?

The Kings were really ****** for a lot of years and all of us Kings fans on the HF boards only had one thing to look forward to and that was the prospects. So we are attached to our prospects which is all good but at this point in our chapter we are actually a good team that is really close to doing something special.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I watch Loktionov play plenty. I just don't see him lift someones stick and strip the puck and say OMG THAT WAS DATSYUK esque..And the score sheet is important. If hes not on the score sheet then all he is doing is carrying the puck and striping pucks and that's not enough. Isn't everyone bashing the whole team because we are not scoring goals?

The Kings were really ****** for a lot of years and all of us Kings fans on the HF boards only had one thing to look forward to and that was the prospects. So we are attached to our prospects which is all good but at this point in our chapter we are actually a good team that is really close to doing something special.
I don't agree,

I'll leave it at that. It would be a bad move to trade Loki. Trading or giving up on players like Moulson and Purcell cause they were not instant impacts is what has the Kings were they are right now.

I am starting to turn on the Richards trade as well. So far it's been awful for the Kings.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

That was pretty well said Rise and Fall

Old
02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
I don't agree,

I'll leave it at that. It would be a bad move to trade Loki. Trading or giving up on players like Moulson and Purcell cause they were not instant impacts is what has the Kings were they are right now.

I am starting to turn on the Richards trade as well. So far it's been awful for the Kings.
Fair enough... I hope I am wrong man.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:16 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
This year could be DL's last year as our GM. If I were you guys, I'd brace for an over payment.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
That was pretty well said Rise and Fall
you forgot the ....

Old
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
This year could be DL's last year as our GM. If I were you guys, I'd brace for an over payment.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy very true. I was fearing this after the last two 1-0 loses because I felt that it raised the price on any scoring forward we might be after.

I am going to reinforce my computer monitor just in case.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Its not like Lokti would be traded for a 35 year old vet with only a couple seasons left in the tank. Nash is 27, in the prime of his career, and as close to a sure thing as you can get. Lokti could go either way. I don't think the Sharks are regretting trading for 26 year old former first overall pick Joe Thornton, and they gave up three roster players.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Kings fans in general are WAY too impatient with young (< 23) prospects based on the things I read here. Lokti may not be the next Pavel, but I think what damacles was trying to say is that there are aspects of his game that compare favorably to that type of player - on ice vision, hands, hockey IQ. The guy is 21 years old, he can barely buy a drink. Give him some time before saying he's a warm body that could be replaced by Cliche.
Exactly.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:22 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Its not like Lokti would be traded for a 35 year old vet with only a couple seasons left in the tank. Nash is 27, in the prime of his career, and as close to a sure thing as you can get. Lokti could go either way. I don't think the Sharks are regretting trading for 26 year old former first overall pick Joe Thornton, and they gave up three roster players.
I feel that is just too much to give for Nash, it's just way too much.

JJ,Bernier, Vey is plenty.

They don't need to fleece us of a pick or another Roster player. If that doesn't get it done So be it. Go down with the Ship you built. Don't screw over the Next GM.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
I don't agree,

I don't mean to be annoying and I hope you don't think I am going at you because we have different opinions. But about 10 posts ago you told me to give Loktionov at least 100 Games before I write him off...Wouldn't you do the same for Mike Richards? Obviously he has no wingers.... And when he was red hot he got a concussion.

My guess is your going to give him 100 games thats why you said "starting"

Old
02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
i disagree about Bernier. say Quick gets hurt, then what do we have? no Bernier as a reliable backup and some unproven goalie in his place? sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.Quick has been the only player showing up every night this season, and the Kings would be in a desolate place if it werent for him. Johnson is the only player the Kings wouldnt miss too terribly
I'm going to try not to send this thread off track, but I'm not a big fan of Bernier's compete level. We would miss Johnson, but the positives of that deal outweigh the positives of keeping Jack around.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I don't mean to be annoying and I hope you don't think I am going at you because we have different opinions. But about 10 posts ago you told me to give Loktionov at least 100 Games before I write him off...Wouldn't you do the same for Mike Richards? Obviously he has no wingers.... And when he was red hot he got a concussion.

My guess is your going to give him 100 games thats why you said "starting"
You would be correct sir. The Kings need the Mike Richards of the Stanlety Cup playoff's right about yesterday, Ten games ago...... ETC ETC.

The whole team needs to pick it up (Loki too).

Old
bobafettish*

even if lotki does develops into the player we think he is capable of. do we have a 3rd line center making 5+ million.

Old
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Too much for Carter. They won't get closed to that. Bernier and maybe Martinez should get Carter. His value low.
They can't just give Carter away, but yeah, not alot of teams who can take him on.

Old
riseandfall9

Quote:
I am sure all of us are willing to give him all the time he needs. Except if the reports are true that Columbus wants him in a trade that forces us to make an educated guess on where we feel he might be and weather or not we want to include him in a trade for Rick Nash.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
I feel that is just too much to give for Nash, it's just way too much.

JJ,Bernier, Vey is plenty.

They don't need to fleece us of a pick or another Roster player. If that doesn't get it done So be it. Go down with the Ship you built. Don't screw over the Next GM.
I respect that view on it. I just don't believe the Lokti instead of Vey should be the reason we miss out on a player like Nash, who is exactly the player we need. A player who doesn't come around often. I don't want to trade Lokti, but a hole at 3rd line center is easier to fill than star winger.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I respect that view on it. I just don't believe the Lokti instead of Vey should be the reason we miss out on a player like Nash, who is exactly the player we need. A player who doesn't come around often. I don't want to trade Lokti, but a hole at 3rd line center is easier to fill than star winger.
All holes in the Roster are hard to fill.

You seen the Kings bottom six this year(yes that includes Loki). ?

Old
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
ProfessorHov

As much as most of us want Nash, or how ever people report Kings are in line to get Nash, if I was a betting man, Id put my money on us getting Carter over Nash.

1) Carter wont cost us an arm and a leg.
2) He is buddies with Richards
3) Carter hasnt meshed well in CLB, and doesnt really like playing their.
4)Better contract I think than Nash.

This is only my opinion does not mean what I really want. Yes if I had a choice and could only choose one player I would choose Nash.

Closed Thread