HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Scuderi +Martin Jones to MTL

Old
02-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Habitant le colon

vCash: 500
Scuderi +Martin Jones to MTL

Rob Scuderi + Martin Jones

what would it cost to MTL to have this package back ?

Is Moen + Avtsin + 6 round pick in 2012 is enough?

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Why do we want Scuderi and Jones? If Scuderi is available, surely a team that is in the playoffs is going to give up the better return him, a la the recent trades. Jones is a decent prospect and all, and the Habs do need to establish a goaltending pipeline, but it's not urgent... college FA's, or a goalie drafted this summer would be adequate starts to that, no need to trade assets for somebody else's developing prospect goalie.

I'd try to trade Moen for a 2nd round draft pick if the deadline market would bear that, and never mind picking up Scuderi or Jones.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Why do we want Scuderi and Jones? If Scuderi is available, surely a team that is in the playoffs is going to give up the better return him, a la the recent trades. Jones is a decent prospect and all, and the Habs do need to establish a goaltending pipeline, but it's not urgent... college FA's, or a goalie drafted this summer would be adequate starts to that, no need to trade assets for somebody else's developing prospect goalie.

I'd try to trade Moen for a 2nd round draft pick if the deadline market would bear that, and never mind picking up Scuderi or Jones.
if we manage for the playoff (wich i doubt) we will need a d-man help : i also think that having Rob in our group of d-man will help the young one to developp (DIAZ will benifit alot from this guy) ... we can upgrade the trade by giving a better rookie or pick ...

Old
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
if we manage for the playoff (wich i doubt) we will need a d-man help : i also think that having Rob in our group of d-man will help the young one to developp (DIAZ will benifit alot from this guy) ... we can upgrade the trade by giving a better rookie or pick ...
If either of these points were a consideration then we just would have not traded Gill. Puzzling post.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
If either of these points were a consideration then we just would have not traded Gill. Puzzling post.
Gill trade was about getting Geoffrion to fill next year 4th line ... also to mention that he was looking for another cup run ... adding scuderi for years to come will ensure our young d-man to count on another experienced d-man as was Gill who will probably retire this summer

Old
02-19-2012, 12:23 PM
funky

Scuderi for Moen makes absolutely no sense from L.A. If L.A makes the playoffs they will rely on Scuderi's veteran leadership and sound defensive game. He also has 1year remaining after this.

If they don't make the playoffs and decide to sell in this next week which is very doubtful he would fetch a huge price

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
IglooBoy
CH fan in Flamesland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Gill trade was about getting Geoffrion to fill next year 4th line ... also to mention that he was looking for another cup run ... adding scuderi for years to come will ensure our young d-man to count on another experienced d-man as was Gill who will probably retire this summer
No, the Gill trade was to move someone who Montreal might not have resigned for prospects and/or draft picks. Montreal needed to go younger and get some picks and depth. Mission accomplished.

Trading to fill a fourth line spot for the next year sounds a little odd to me (fyi, Geoffrion needs to be resigned as he is a RFA). Fourth line forwards are probably one of the easiest spots to fill on a roster through free agency.

As someone already stated, Scuderi is also only signed for one more year and then becomes a UFA. Scuderi is already 33, not sure how many years he has left either.

Montreal should, and is, going younger. Scuderi is not what Montreal needs and should stay away in my opinion.

"ensure our young d-man to count on another experienced d-man" - Georges says hi. Kaberle too. Markov as well. Gill also would not have been moved if that was the case. Not too many 36 year old veteran 'd' with Stanley Cup experience are moved if a team needs to have veteran 'd' to help the younger players.

IglooBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
No interest in adding players.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Honour Over Glory

I'd gladly take Scuderi back for Martin.

Orpik, Letang
Scuderi, Michalek - pure shot blocking awesomeness.
Niskanen, Engelland
*Lovejoy

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:43 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I'd gladly take Scuderi back for Martin.

Orpik, Letang
Scuderi, Michalek - pure shot blocking awesomeness.
Niskanen, Engelland
*Lovejoy

Basically 2 bottom pairings right there (with the way Z has played this year).. the puck moving ability of that group is bad at a best.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:00 AM
wedge

I don't see the point in this.
We're not making the playoffs.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:17 PM
AEKaki

Too funny

AEKaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Why on earth would Montreal want Scuderi and Jones? Montreal is better served targeting college FA goalies and Scuderi isn't the type of D Montreal needs (we have a superior version in Gorges).

Utterly baffled as to why a Habs fan proposed this.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote