HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2045
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I am pretty sure Herby predicted this Like Three years ago,

I will have to find the thread. But he said Lombardi would have to overpay to fill that LW hole. And that it would be the last move he makes as the GM.
Is Herby "God" in your world? The same guy who made a big production about leaving and coming back month later? That Herby???

Old
02-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Moulson was doing fine he had 4 goals and 2 assists in his first 12 or so games with the Kings... Then the COACH started throwing him into situations(mainly a checking forward that isn't his game) where he couldn't play his game and then he lost some confidence and got another goal in the next 10 games. COACH lost confidence in him and gave him another 7 games and at that time the COACH decided that Moulson could be replaced by Purcell who was coming off a decent showing. Then the COACH did the same thing he did to Moulson to Purcell and Purcell got traded for a player that COACH felt was of need. Coaches play just as important roles in roster players as GM`s... There input is very important to GM`s and in this case DL took what TM said and made a decision he thought was right.

Cammy was a totally different case altogether. Cammy went through a nasty arbitration with DL and the Kings, Cammy was very unhappy with the outcome. In my opinion DL had to trade Cammy or else he was going to loose Cammy for nothing anyways. I don't think Cammy would have stayed and if he did stay I don't think the Kings would have been comfortable paying him 6 million dollars a year because he wasn't even close to that at the time. And anyone that says they rather have Cammy for a 6 million cap hit, 2 years older, 7 inches shorter and far more one dimensional then Nash for 1.8 million less is out of there mind. Not to mention Nash is feared enough in the league that teams would focus more on him to make more room for other players. Cammy doesn't have that quality. On top of that if the Teubert project worked out nobody here would even say a peep about Cammy lol.
In my opinion Terry Murray ****ed players like Moulson, Purcell(To an extent) and even Moller(Don't care if you people agree or not).

Old
02-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Since I don't think hes the favorite son among Montreal brass would a 2013 2nd or 3rd with a later pick or decent prospect be enough?
I think the habs fans were looking for a lot more than a 2nd and I think that's fair. I actually think Stoll could fetch a 2nd so, AK should fetch something more than that imo.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:18 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
In my opinion Terry Murray ****ed players like Moulson, Purcell(To an extent) and even Moller(Don't care if you people agree or not).
That is what I am saying......... That is what my whole post was about that's why I made all my "COACH" spelled in CAPS . He ****ed all of them and then OTHER COACHES fixed them up and are reaping the benefits.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
That is what I am saying......... That is what my whole post was about that's why I made all my "COACH" spelled in CAPS. He ****ed all of them and then OTHER COACHES fixed them up and are reaping the benefits.
It probably would have been better if I said I agree with you, then went on my mini rant.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Moulson was doing fine he had 4 goals and 2 assists in his first 12 or so games with the Kings... Then the COACH started throwing him into situations(mainly a checking forward that isn't his game) where he couldn't play his game and then he lost some confidence and got another goal in the next 10 games. COACH lost confidence in him and gave him another 7 games and at that time the COACH decided that Moulson could be replaced by Purcell who was coming off a decent showing. Then the COACH did the same thing he did to Moulson to Purcell and Purcell got traded for a player that COACH felt was of need. Coaches play just as important roles in roster players as GM`s... There input is very important to GM`s and in this case DL took what TM said and made a decision he thought was right.

Cammy was a totally different case altogether. Cammy went through a nasty arbitration with DL and the Kings, Cammy was very unhappy with the outcome. In my opinion DL had to trade Cammy or else he was going to loose Cammy for nothing anyways. I don't think Cammy would have stayed and if he did stay I don't think the Kings would have been comfortable paying him 6 million dollars a year because he wasn't even close to that at the time. And anyone that says they rather have Cammy for a 6 million cap hit, 2 years older, 7 inches shorter and far more one dimensional then Nash for 1.8 million less is out of there mind. Not to mention Nash is feared enough in the league that teams would focus more on him to make more room for other players. Cammy doesn't have that quality. On top of that if the Teubert project worked out nobody here would even say a peep about Cammy lol.
Absolutely right. It's crazy that people still harp on the Cammy thing, and Moulson was just unfortunate.

It's a risk for any GM to trade young players like JJ or Lokti. But if anyone is worth it, it's a 27 year old captain, Olympic gold medalist 40 goal scorer who fills our biggest need.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:20 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I think it's easier to replace a center with 2 goals on the season (who again, I like), a d-man who is a career -90 (who I also like but can be easily replaced with VV), and our back-up who never plays than get a star winger. Proof of this is the fact that after six years, Kopitar is playing with Dwight King.
Nice cherry-picking of stats and disregarding player upside, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Saying that Jack Johnson can "easily be replaced" by a kid with an injury history who has played 33 NHL games is hardly a slam dunk.

Old
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Ziggy Palffy.

Old
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
It probably would have been better if I said I agree with you, then went on my mini rant.
My bad I thought you were coming at me lol.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:24 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Nice cherry-picking of stats and disregarding player upside, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Saying that Jack Johnson can "easily be replaced" by a kid with an injury history who has played 33 NHL games is hardly a slam dunk.
It might have been a big stretch to say that Johnson could "easily be replaced" by Voynov because its not going to be easy.

But Voynov has shown flashes of brilliance this year so while not easy at least for now it looks pretty promising so far.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post

Agree to disagree, that's fine. Cherry picking of stats? Whatever. How hard is it to understand that I like JJ, Bernier, and Lokti alot. there are very few players in the league I would trade that package for. However, this 27 year old captain is one of them. You wouldn't. That's fine with me.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
It might have been a big stretch to say that Johnson could "easily be replaced" by Voynov because its not going to be easy.

But Voynov has shown flashes of brilliance this year so while not easy at least for now it looks pretty promising so far.
I don't think Voynov can play 23 minutes/game, so maybe easily replaced was going too far. The strength of our system is defense, and Jack's below average defense (although improving under Sutter) will be easier to fill than a star winger.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I think the habs fans were looking for a lot more than a 2nd and I think that's fair. I actually think Stoll could fetch a 2nd so, AK should fetch something more than that imo.
Id be surprised if Stoll gets a 2nd and AK hasn't been as good as usual this year

Old
02-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Id be surprised if Stoll gets a 2nd and AK hasn't been as good as usual this year
Remember, Halpern got a 3rd and a Purcell from us.

I really don't see 2nd being a stretch for Stoll but we'll soon find out, hopefully.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Nex06

One thing is certain. If Nash lands in LA, this thread will be FUN to read after his current contract runs out.

Talking about contracts... I miss opinions of those, who say that Kopitar's contract is not deserved. Out of curiosity: is there anyone who supports the trade for Nash and at the same time thinks that Kopitar doesn't earn his contract? Raise your hands, please.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Remember, Halpern got a 3rd and a Purcell from us.

I really don't see 2nd being a stretch for Stoll but we'll soon find out, hopefully.
True, I just dont see it unless there are only 3-4 true sellers

Old
02-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Somebody said that you guys were talking if you claim Conklin on waivers it could set a trade in motion, also keep in mind if it hasn't already been said, but if Columbus claims him that could also mean something is about to happen. If there was a trade with LA I would think that LA would ask CBJ to claim and flip Conklin as part of the trade to insure they get him.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Somebody said that you guys were talking if you claim Conklin on waivers it could set a trade in motion, also keep in mind if it hasn't already been said, but if Columbus claims him that could also mean something is about to happen. If there was a trade with LA I would think that LA would ask CBJ to claim and flip Conklin as part of the trade to insure they get him.
Good thinking.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
One thing is certain. If Nash lands in LA, this thread will be FUN to read after his current contract runs out.

Talking about contracts... I miss opinions of those, who say that Kopitar's contract is not deserved. Out of curiosity: is there anyone who supports the trade for Nash and at the same time thinks that Kopitar doesn't earn his contract? Raise your hands, please.
I think they're both overpaid.

As for trade for Nash, it really depends on how much we pay for him.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:38 PM
johnjm22

If we can't work out a deal for Nash, and DL ends up going the Carter route, I wouldn't mind him bringing in Vermette aswell (he's also avliable). Adding a quality 3rd line center could go a long ways in helping solve our depth issues. (Although the cap situation would be tight)

Voynov, Loktionov, Bernier, 1st, Penner+Stoll (Salary Dumps)

for

Carter, Vermette, Mason (Salary Dump)

When/if Gagne comes back:

Brown-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Clifford-Vermette-Nolan
King-Fraser-Lewis
Westgarth, Richardson

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Johnson
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Zaktoff

*Mason in the AHL (I still think he has potential, maybe he could start rebuilding his career with the Monarchs)

Old
02-20-2012, 09:41 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post

At the time that Kopitar got his contract he was literally the only bright spot in our organization. Patrick O`Sullivan was the only player we had high hopes for. There was really no Quick.. no Doughty... Johnson was still pretty new. So you needed to lock up Kopitar even if it was a million dollars over payment. Thats the same situation with Rick Nash... Nash got that contract because hes been the only bright spot in that organization for the last 8 years and they needed to lock him up or risk a Kovalchuk, Gaborik situation where players run for bigger markets.

I have read your post a few times and still am not sure if you are on the Kopitar is OVER PAID side or the Kopitar earns his contract side. But I will say this Kopitar`s value the team was blatant last year when he went down with the broken ankle before playoffs. The team played way better then expected because they knew how important he was and that they needed to step up. If Kopitar didn't get injured we most likely would have been in the 2nd round last year but now we will never know.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:43 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
If we can't work out a deal for Nash, and DL ends up going the Carter route, I wouldn't mind him bringing in Vermette aswell (he's also avliable). Adding a quality 3rd line center could go a long ways in helping solve our depth issues. (Although the cap situation would be tight)

Voynov, Loktionov, Bernier, 1st, Penner+Stoll (Salary Dumps)

for

Carter, Vermette, Mason (Salary Dump)

When/if Gagne comes back:

Brown-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Clifford-Vermette-Nolan
King-Fraser-Lewis
Westgarth, Richardson

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Johnson
Martinez-Greene
Drewiske

Quick
Zaktoff

*Mason in the AHL (I still think he has potential, maybe he could start rebuilding his career with the Monarchs)
My sense is that Carter will not be traded for that much less than Nash. Howson is not under any pressure to trade Carter and he HAS to get a good return given what he gave up for him just a few months ago.

Everyone needs to realize that Columbus is not having a fire sale. They will move players ONLY if the return is right. Considering that he is dealing with an increasingly desperate Lombardi, the price is going to be very very high.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:44 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
My sense is that Carter will not be traded for that much less than Nash. Howson is not under any pressure to trade Carter and he HAS to get a good return given what he gave up for him just a few months ago.

Everyone needs to realize that Columbus is not having a fire sale. They will move players ONLY if the return is right. Considering that he is dealing with an increasingly desperate Lombardi, the price is going to be very very high.
I stopped taking you seriously right about there.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:45 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I don't think you can claim a player then immediately trade him. I think he would have to go back through waivers again.

Columbus could claim Conklin simply because they don't have any other goaltenders.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:47 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I stopped taking you seriously right about there.
very childish response. at least support your "comment" with some facts.

Closed Thread