HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago @ Ottawa

Old
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Afro Thunder*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Making the playoffs is never an 'added bonus'. It is why you draft and build in the first place, a chance to win a cup. Everyone of the 16 teams have a chance.

Sens system is stacked, they don't need to be collecting 2nd round picks and middling prospects that would not have much room in the Ottawa system anyway for Kuba and Gonchar etc.

Also consider that Ottawa is now only 2 pts for 1st place in their division behind Boston.
Thank you god for someone making sense.

Whats the point of trading Kuba if all yoyr getting is some second rounder and some prospect that wont make any impact until 4 years from now if were lucky.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Cullksinikers

We need a guy who is responsible in his own end.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:44 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Nah I'm all for a rebuild. I could care less if we make the playoffs this year or next year
same here... but Kuba/Gonchar dont necessarily have to leave

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Marky Mark

trade Gonchar...

I would definately listen to offers for Gonchar - he's not going to be the make it or brake it "piece" in Ottawa - but he could be somewhere else. If that doesn't happen get what we can for Kuba - if you consider Kubina was worth a young skater (Kalinski), a 2nd and a 4th Kuba has to land us at least a high 2nd (not saying he's worth it but the market will dictate that).

It would be interesting to see what Gonchar is worth - not sure he's worth Dylan Olsen but I would certainly jump on it if he was...

Marky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:49 PM
SpezDispenser

Gonchar is going nowhere. Who the heck plays 2nd pairing RD for us next year? Lee? Carkner? We try to get a UFA? Or we keep Gonchar who's been damn good for us this year. Where are we finding the replacement for Gonchar's 40 point pace?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Marky Mark

tarde kuba (if we can't trade Gonchar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Thank you god for someone making sense.

Whats the point of trading Kuba if all yoyr getting is some second rounder and some prospect that wont make any impact until 4 years from now if were lucky.
Does anyone else on this board remember how bad Kuba was last year??? If we can get a mid to hign 2nd rounder for an upcoming UFA Murray would be crazy not to take it. Do you think or want us to re-sign him??? Let's just say we make a run do you really think having Kuba in our line-up is going to make that much of a difference? Right now Kuba is arguably playing his best hockey in Ottawa - the time is ripe to get something of value back in return. His "stats" ae good - 51 5 16 21 +16 but he's 6'4" - 225 and is 15th ON THE TEAM in Hits with 38 = PATHETIC!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Old
02-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

no way, Olsen has been solid so far this season and he is playing on the 1st line with Keith!! Way to ease the kid in there Q, lol. This guy is going to be a good one.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Marky Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Gonchar is going nowhere. Who the heck plays 2nd pairing RD for us next year? Lee? Carkner? We try to get a UFA? Or we keep Gonchar who's been damn good for us this year. Where are we finding the replacement for Gonchar's 40 point pace?
He's not worth $2.5M for the rest of this year and $5.5 M for all of next year.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Does anyone else on this board remember how bad Kuba was last year??? If we can get a mid to hign 2nd rounder for an upcoming UFA Murray would be crazy not to take it. Do you think or want us to re-sign him??? Let's just say we make a run do you really think having Kuba in our line-up is going to make that much of a difference? Right now Kuba is arguably playing his best hockey in Ottawa - the time is ripe to get something of value back in return. His "stats" ae good - 51 5 16 21 +16 but he's 6'4" - 225 and is 15th ON THE TEAM in Hits with 38 = PATHETIC!

What is the difference between Kuba last year and this year? I remember you all hated the guy last year. How is he better? Is it just the stats/team play hiding him?

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Dylan Olsen is a lesser known prospect but is a blue chip prospect. He was a late first and is a big kid with a good shot and playing 20 min a night with the odd mistake. He can be the perfect #3-6 depending if his first 3 strides improve or he can turn out to be a poor man Phaneuf without the massive hits and huge contract.

Olsen and McNeill are two prospects I really like right now, even though they weren't the greatest in camp. I think they will help the hawks more than some weak speedsters, we need guys with strength as well as skill ala Big Buf or Ladd.

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
He's not the only one. We're just less vocal about it.

Can't speak for this trade offer as I know nothing of the prospect involved but sounds like Hawks' fans are saying he's their best D prospect so I'd be hesitant to do that trade as well if I was them unless Gonchar was that one piece that really increased their chances of being a serious cup contender this year. I can't speak to that as I don't follow the Hawks.

As for Ottawa, I've been advocating for trading Kuba and Gonchar for a long time and that sentiment did not go away with their improved play this year. I understand that it might hurt our playoff chances or how well we do in them if we trade one or both of those guys but no one says we can't bring in rentals to replace them for now. At least the rebuilding wouldn't be affected and room would be made for some acquisitions this summer.

This is it in a nutshell.Olsen is the Hawks best D prospect and Gonchar is not that Stanley Cup missing piece.Not worth it.

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Tough decision from Ottawa IMO

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:27 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
1) Gonchar is probably making too much for this to make sense to the 'Hawks.
2) Gonchar is too valuable to the Sens (and their playoff hopes) to move him for a 'spect
3) Gonchar has a NMC
If Otttawa are out of contention next season Gonchar's NMC allows for him to be traded prior to the 2013 trade deadline. If he's traded, it will be then - not now.

As for Kuba - different issue. Would you rather miss the playoff and have a 2nd round pick, or make the playoffs and have one less 2nd rounder? No brainer IMHO.

... and the Sens could always try to re-sign Kuba, so they'd be losing neither of them.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:31 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What is the difference between Kuba last year and this year? I remember you all hated the guy last year. How is he better? Is it just the stats/team play hiding him?
Kuba has been a steady shutdown guy all year - has been great at shot blocking and is playing the PP and PK.

Last year he was coming off injury/surgery. He also wasn't the only guy struggling under Clouston.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Egil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Nah I'm all for a rebuild. I really want Gonchar and Kuba gone. I could care less if we make the playoffs this year or next year
Hence why you arn't an NHL GM, as your attitude is sheer insanity.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:36 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post

Hal Gill is 6'7 and 241 pounds and has 49 hits in 2 more games than Kuba - just because Kuba is big doesn't mean he has to go ahead crushing people.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:47 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Olsen will be a very good d-man in the next 2 years. Dont think hawks need anymore old guys.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Marky Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Kuba has had a huge bounce back year - he was a total pylon last year traffic - plays heavy TOI and playing in a shutdown role. And he has chipped in offensively - exactly what the Blackhawks need!!

Old
02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Marky Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Hal Gill is 6'7 and 241 pounds and has 49 hits in 2 more games than Kuba - just because Kuba is big doesn't mean he has to go ahead crushing people.
That's exactly why we should be trading Kuba - Gill, a bigger marshmellow, with less offensive upside and questionable defensive zone coverage just brought in Blake Geoffrion, Robert Slaney and Nashville's second-round pick in 2012. Really? If Nashville had come to Ottawa with that package for Kuba he would have been showering with Fisher in Dallas last night - guaranteed!

Old
02-20-2012, 10:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Dylan Olsen is not being moved for a 5.5M over-35 contract.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote