HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Avs interested in JVR

Old
02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Not terribly sure I'd even want Johnson unless the Avs sweetened the deal. I think I might want Quincey first.
You can not be serious.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
BringBackStevens

I think you guys are nuts if you would pass on EJ for JVR. And this is coming from a JVR fan.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:05 PM
McNasty

EJ has actually been playing really well for the last dozen games or so, he's actually using his size and playing physical. I think the possibility is there but we probably have to add something.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:08 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Let's get rid of Carle too

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Colorado traded for Erik Johnson to be their franchise defensemen, and now a year later he's going to be traded for someone people are hoping can be a consistent 50-point forward and doesn't use his body to get position?

Not that I consider Colorado that competent, but that's big red flags to me. Quincey takes more penalties, but faces tougher competition (best on the team among defensemen), and Johnson is almost 60% in offensive zone starts, and under 50% offensive zone finish. Quincey isn't that much better, but it's not a major drop off like that.

I guess I would take Johnson, because I value defensemen a lot, but it's not the slam dunk everyone thinks it is.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:19 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Colorado traded for Erik Johnson to be their franchise defensemen, and now a year later he's going to be traded for someone people are hoping can be a consistent 50-point forward and doesn't use his body to get position?

Not that I consider Colorado that competent, but that's big red flags to me.
It seems like you're assuming a lot of things, including the idea that the Avs are even offering up Johnson. They aren't looking to deal him, at all.

The Avs, like a lot of teams I'd bet, are probably just sniffing around to see how the Flyers view JVR right now.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:20 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
no thanks. keep JVR please. I'm confident he will be a consistent 35 goal scorer. Future of JVR, G, Coots, Schenn, Jake, Simmonds, Read and good depth guys like Akeson is an awesome forward core and incredibly young.
It's gonna be hard to keep them all under the cap (long term) and we need D too. Not that I would trade JVR, but EJ would be a nice pickup.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
It seems like you're assuming a lot of things, including the idea that the Avs are even offering up Johnson. They aren't looking to deal him, at all.

The Avs, like a lot of teams I'd bet, are probably just sniffing around to see how the Flyers view JVR right now.
Well, the whole idea is based on the assumption they'd make the deal to start with. I wasn't the first guy to use his name.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Mgkibbles

No EJ. Please. No EJ.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
DUHockey9

Why would anybody not want EJ?

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Why would anybody not want EJ?
He is not that good. If he wasn't the number 1 overall pick I don't think he would have this much hype around him.

I want this Guy back. I 've never seen a forward take over a game the way JVR did. He was on par with what ovechkin was doing a couple of years ago.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Giguere jones seimens for bob JVR . Colorado would have to add if you feel bob is more than a backup talent wise which I do not.
no no no no no no no Giguere. He's playing great this season, but he's 36 with groin issues (DTD right now with a tweak of a previously injured groin). Plus I'm sure that'd do WONDERS for Bryz's confidence, bringing in the guy he backed up for Anaheim's cup run, to replace him once again 5 years later after he's proven himself.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Some of the discussion on the trade boards on this subject is absurd.

Can we just keep JVR? Please? No more nonsense.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:57 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Some of the discussion on the trade boards on this subject is absurd.

Can we just keep JVR? Please? No more nonsense.
Isn't most of the conversation on there absurd?

02-20-2012, 10:58 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
He is not that good. If he wasn't the number 1 overall pick I don't think he would have this much hype around him.

I want this Guy back. I 've never seen a forward take over a game the way JVR did. He was on par with what ovechkin was doing a couple of years ago.
I remember being so pumped about this game. Couldn't believe they lost.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Prongo
Beer

I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but did anyone say a deal with Duncan Siemens? Didn't the Flyers really like the kid and only took Couts over him because he fell so far?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but did anyone say a deal with Duncan Siemens? Didn't the Flyers really like the kid and only took Couts over him because he fell so far?
I think this team needs a legit defender to build around and Siemens would be a nice addition. Thinking back on it, maybe choosing Hamilton would have been a better decision than couturier. Simply from a need stand point.

Couturier a third line center vs Hamilton a potential top pairing defenseman?

Old
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
I think this team needs a legit defender to build around and Siemens would be a nice addition. Thinking back on it, maybe choosing Hamilton would have been a better decision than couturier. Simply from a need stand point.

What makes you think Couts won't be above Schenn?

Old
02-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

I think if the Flyers felt that way they would have taken Hamilton then. We have an excellent track record when dealing with forwards. I believe they know or have an idea about exactly what type of player Couturier will be. They felt like him being there was way to good to be true. Hamilton is getting a ton of hype, I want to see him play in the NHL before I think he is a next franchise dman.

Seimens, I don't know much about him, but we were I believe gonna take him before Hamilton. I remember someone saying that he was told by our management if he was there at 8 we were going to take him

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
DumpyD

Quote:

I forgot about McQuaid's fail lunge on Richards.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:31 PM
mirimon

I can has Landeskog?

Sorry... didn't get much sleep tonight. I'll try to leave 2007 now and catch up with the rest of you.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
I forgot about McQuaid's fail lunge on Richards.
I just wasted about an hour and half watching highlights of that series. I must say Richards was all over the freakin ice in that series. I didn't remember it at the time but after watching highlights he was doing everything for us. The bruins were so physical that series we did not have the personnel to match. Mcquaid and boychuk were killing us all series.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:32 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
I just wasted about an hour and half watching highlights of that series. I must say Richards was all over the freakin ice in that series. I didn't remember it at the time but after watching highlights he was doing everything for us. The bruins were so physical that series we did not have the personnel to match. Mcquaid and boychuk were killing us all series.
I think everyone that ever accused Mike Richards of dogging it out there needs to go rewatch some of his playoff series.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think if the Flyers felt that way they would have taken Hamilton then. We have an excellent track record when dealing with forwards. I believe they know or have an idea about exactly what type of player Couturier will be. They felt like him being there was way to good to be true. Hamilton is getting a ton of hype, I want to see him play in the NHL before I think he is a next franchise dman.

Seimens, I don't know much about him, but we were I believe gonna take him before Hamilton. I remember someone saying that he was told by our management if he was there at 8 we were going to take him
Yeah siemens was going to go ahead of Hamilton if couturier wasn't their. But ill be honest I don't know how it's going to play out. Giroux schenn and Couturier. Read can play center as well. I think one of them is going to be sent for a defenseman unless they think someone can convert to wing which in that case i think Giroux would be a prime candidate for that.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Go For It

Quote:

Forgot how enjoyable playoff hockey is.

Forgot how unreal Tim Thomas was in that series, especially that game.

For someone who's touted as "playoff clutch", no one seems to remember Briere's wiff with about 3 seconds left in the 3rd.

I really really hope that JvR comes back at least for the playoffs, but permanently would be okay too.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote