HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XVII

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 10:31 PM
AK Dandyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
lol LA can't score. I don't think they need a playmaker. They'll probably try getting Nash.
May be watch a couple of LA games and i think you'll see also why i said Hemsky is exactly what they need.

LA is not scoring because they weren't getting enough quality scoring chances and pretty bad on the PP.

Except Kopitar, none of their top 9 can stick handle the puck into dangerous area with any speed. Basically not enough creator, so their scorers are unable to get good scoring chances. Simon Gagner can but he has multiple concussions. Hemsky would be a good fit for them.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:32 PM
spot

Hemsky for ellis done deal

NEVER MIND FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT. ********

Old
02-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Waterboy

Tambo will know how hard he has to bargain with hemsky. If he has a set deal for 2-3 yrs on the table at 5 mil that Hemmer will take, he can start to push Hemsky and ask for the moon. Worst case, he resigns Hemsky. Best case, he ends up with a Ryan Ellis and a first type steal.

By all accounts NYR are the front runners for Nash. That leaves LA desperite for something...if I'm Tambellini I go looking at the price tag on Jack Johnson. He's exactly what the Oilers need on the back end to play with Whitney. Tough, plays physical, has a bit of offense to his game and fits in age wise. Plus, he still hasn't peaked.

If he's not available, then you move on to Nashville and try for Ellis.

If that fails...resign Hemsky.

The worst possible situation is if Hemsky's going to walk at the end of the year or asking for 5 years, then they have to move him for whatever you can get, even if its nothing.

Finishing in the bottom 3 again is going to hurt the Oils ability to sign FA this summer. Guys like Weber are going to be looking for a team to win with now plus a big payday. A 7-8 mil/yr long term deal (Weber's price tag to be an Oiler, don't doubt it) is going to hurt the Oilers when it comes time to resign all the kids.

Move Hemsky for the young top 4 D man and use the draft to add another forward. If we end up with a Murray or Dumba...nothing wrong with that.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:57 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post

Gotta love twitter....

Old
02-20-2012, 10:58 PM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

Hemsky at 5m per for 2 years would be a good deal. 4.75m per for 3 years would be OK.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:59 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post

Somebody punked somebody today

Old
02-20-2012, 11:02 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
Hemsky at 5m per for 2 years would be a good deal. 4.75m per for 3 years would be OK.
I know I am in the minority--but it is time to cut ties with Hemsky--those 132 missed games since the lock out just rubs me the wrong way to give a guy 5mill deal

Old
02-20-2012, 11:12 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
I know I am in the minority--but it is time to cut ties with Hemsky--those 132 missed games since the lock out just rubs me the wrong way to give a guy 5mill deal
Perhaps prorate the contract at 5 million if he plays the full season...

Old
02-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
May be watch a couple of LA games and i think you'll see also why i said Hemsky is exactly what they need.

LA is not scoring because they weren't getting enough quality scoring chances and pretty bad on the PP.

Except Kopitar, none of their top 9 can stick handle the puck into dangerous area with any speed. Basically not enough creator, so their scorers are unable to get good scoring chances. Simon Gagner can but he has multiple concussions. Hemsky would be a good fit for them.
Our PP was pretty bad too, when Hemsky was anchoring it.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:51 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Beat me to it...Hemsky has been "less than effective" on the PP. He implements the same tactics that always result in him either losing the puck 10 feet into the offensive zone or pass it to no one in the slot.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:02 AM
tv14

vCash: 50
I've been throwing out 3 years 4.5-4.75 all along. This would be a good deal for the Oilers as they can still deal him in the future IF we run into cap problems. Also not a bad deal for Hemsky who still gets a raise coming off of 3 years which didnt help him increase his value. I really think he can be our version of Hossa. Dealing him only creates another hole to fill in the offseason, might as well keep him and focus on our defence in the summer.

As for Ott, DO NOT WANT. We are worried about overpaying Hemsky (a 1st/2nd line talent) yet some are willing to pay 3 mill for him to play a 3rd line agitating role? No thanks, way too much money. Not to mention he is one of the last players in the league I want on my team. Hate the way he plays.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:13 AM
inheritance

Some of these rumors are hilarious.

- Hemsky will not be traded until trade deadline day (assuming we're not able to resign him). He's not going to be the first domino to fall. Teams like LA are looking for bigger fishes in the sea, with Hemsky as Plan B/C/etc. From the Oilers side, if we trade him - it's a seller's market....the longer we wait, we can drive the price higher. You can ignore all 'trades' regarding Hemsky on Twitter until Feb 27.

- I really don't care what Stauffer/Tencer tweets. It makes no sense for Hemsky to sign a two/three year deal. Why would he even come out and say that? He has said that he wants to play here, but has to get a deal that makes sense for him. If you're Hemsky why on earth would you ever sign a 2/3 year deal when you can easily hold out for UFA and get a 4/5 year deal and probably more money. I don't see him re-signing with the Oilers unless it's a 4 year deal.

- Most of these deals take very little considerations to the trading partners prospective. Ya, teams like LA could use Hemsky, but he's certainly not their first option. Nashville, has an uncertain future with their top two D-men, unless they find the right guy, they're probably looking at moving their 1st rounder+ before considering Ellis.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:41 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
From this link: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip622753#clip622753

@ 3 minute mark: Steve Ott might be available.

Would we be interested?

Imagine a line with Eager and Ott on it.

02-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'd definitely be interested in Ott but he'll be going to a contender.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:47 AM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Beat me to it...Hemsky has been "less than effective" on the PP. He implements the same tactics that always result in him either losing the puck 10 feet into the offensive zone or pass it to no one in the slot.
It doesn't mean Dean Lombardi knows....

Seriously, before this year, we didn't have shooters like Richards, Kopitar, Williams on the PP, let alone Doughty, Johnson at the point.

Adding Hemsky, a playmaker, is what LA needed the most, that is unless they can get Nash.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
From this link: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip622753#clip622753

@ 3 minute mark: Steve Ott might be available.

Would we be interested?

Imagine a line with Eager and Ott on it.
I was gonna come post this, but I don't see this happening. A contender will pay the price to get him for the PO drive. I'd obviously love the have him though.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:55 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I've been throwing out 3 years 4.5-4.75 all along. This would be a good deal for the Oilers as they can still deal him in the future IF we run into cap problems. Also not a bad deal for Hemsky who still gets a raise coming off of 3 years which didnt help him increase his value. I really think he can be our version of Hossa. Dealing him only creates another hole to fill in the offseason, might as well keep him and focus on our defence in the summer.

As for Ott, DO NOT WANT. We are worried about overpaying Hemsky (a 1st/2nd line talent) yet some are willing to pay 3 mill for him to play a 3rd line agitating role? No thanks, way too much money. Not to mention he is one of the last players in the league I want on my team. Hate the way he plays.
You hate him because he's not on your team and taking runs at all of our skilled players.

On your team, completely opposite feeling IMO. He gets the other teams best players off their game, hits everything, would be our best forechecker, and isn't that bad offensively. I think he's worth every penny.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
You hate him because he's not on your team and taking runs at all of our skilled players.

On your team, completely opposite feeling IMO. He gets the other teams best players off their game, hits everything, would be our best forechecker, and isn't that bad offensively. I think he's worth every penny.
You and I are in the same boat on Ott.

The guy has a lot of what we lack. That's the attitude, the physical play, the defensive play too.

He'd be our Marchand minus the offense. Hell he may put up some decent numbers if you give him the linemates.

Him and Eager on a line would be a nightmare for the opposition. Their speed and forechecking ability would drive opponents nuts. They'd also be decent in a checking role.

I'm sure we'd lose in any and all bidding wars, but I'd love to add him.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Rafters

57% on over 700 FO's
2 more yrs at 3 mill cap hit

Would love to have Ott on the Oilers, but he does have a ntc according to cap geek

Old
02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
You and I are in the same boat on Ott.

The guy has a lot of what we lack. That's the attitude, the physical play, the defensive play too.

He'd be our Marchand minus the offense. Hell he may put up some decent numbers if you give him the linemates.

Him and Eager on a line would be a nightmare for the opposition. Their speed and forechecking ability would drive opponents nuts. They'd also be decent in a checking role.

I'm sure we'd lose in any and all bidding wars, but I'd love to add him.
Just add Jonesy and O_O

Old
02-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Spawn

This thread just about full. Time for the next one.

Closed Thread