HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 12:35 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Kings gave Trevor Lewis lots of time because they wernt expecting him to score tons of goals and points. They were looking for a plumber to play defense, kill penalties and create energy with his speed and size.
I am pretty sure I can find Quote's from Murray and Dean saying Trevor was drafted to be a scorer. I will find them For you. Someone just posted them the other day.
They both thought the guy was the next Rob Brind'amour.

Those words actually came out of BOTH of thier Mouth's

Old
02-21-2012, 12:39 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The entire Bottom six is awful(Score sheet wise).

So it's safe to assume you want them all gone correct ? Clifford as well ?
The entire Bottom 6... aren't expected to light up the score sheet most of them have roles. And the entire bottom 6 are not rumored to be included in a package involving an elite scorer.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
He's on a roll comparing players that are nothing alike.

Datsyuk and Loktionov; Nash and Halpern...

Come on now; Dats and Lokti are both Russian, small, AND left-handed!

Old
02-21-2012, 12:42 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Just before Kopitar signed his contract, Eric Staal signed for 8.25M, Lecavalier for 7.7M, and Malkin for 8.7M.

That really drove up the Market for youngish centers. Kopitar's 6.8M is about right when you look at those contracts. Stastny signed for 6.6M a month after Kopitar signed.
Ouch. Talk about overpaid.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post

when will you Nash fan-boys realize that one player is not the answer?
jesus
Nash fan-boys

Old
02-21-2012, 12:45 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
He's on a roll comparing players that are nothing alike.

Datsyuk and Loktionov; Nash and Halpern...

If you would actually read, and use a little critical thinking.

Kingsfan: Post
Yeah, because he was comparing Halpern and Nash. He's stating the error of adding players to trades that could come back and bite you in the ass later... like Purcell did

King Richards: Post
Kings fans in general are WAY too impatient with young (< 23) prospects based on the things I read here. Lokti may not be the next Pavel, but I think what damacles was trying to say is that there are aspects of his game that compare favorably to that type of player - on ice vision, hands, hockey IQ. The guy is 21 years old, he can barely buy a drink. Give him some time before saying he's a warm body that could be replaced by Cliche.

It's not that hard bud.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:47 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
The entire Bottom 6... aren't expected to light up the score sheet most of them have roles. And the entire bottom 6 are not rumored to be included in a package involving an elite scorer.
I am still looking for those Quotes. Just give me a few.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
If you would actually read, and use a little critical thinking.

Kingsfan: Post
Yeah, because he was comparing Halpern and Nash. He's stating the error of adding players to trades that could come back and bite you in the ass later... like Purcell did

It's not that hard bud.
That doesn't mean he's right. It sure would have been a lot more acceptable if we had gotten someone like Rick Nash for Purcell instead of two useless months of Halpern. Therefore the situations aren't comparable.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:49 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Point is the Kings gave Trevor some time, Can the Kings at least Give Loki the same ?
Not if a difference-maker is on hold.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:50 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
No need. I am sure they felt that way. And now that they have a better idea of what he is capable of I think his role changed. You said it yourself Purcell was suppose to be DL`s 1st line winger. And he mutated into a checking forward.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:51 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
The entire Bottom six is awful(Score sheet wise).

So it's safe to assume you want them all gone correct ? Clifford as well ?
I wouldn't mind it. What exactly has Clifford shown this season?

Some people on this board are waaaaaaay too attached to the young players.

Old
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Not if a difference-maker is on hold.
If you think we are getting a difference maker for th elikes of Lewis and Loktionov you are fooling yourself.

Old
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
That doesn't mean he's right. It sure would have been a lot more acceptable if we had gotten someone like Rick Nash for Purcell instead of two useless months of Halpern. Therefore the situations aren't comparable.
You are not trading Nash for just Loki.

It's Three of the Current roster players. (Rumored) That requires the GM to think long and hard. It also might be a deal breaker.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:53 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
I posted them if it helps you to search for them.

FYI, I think only Murray said it, not Dean.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Winger23

Quote:
You are not trading Nash for just Loki.

It's Three of the Current roster players. (Rumored) That requires the GM to think long and hard. It also might be a deal breaker.
If it's the rumored back up goalie, top 4 defensemen and a 3rd line winger and DL doesn't pull the trigger he should be fired on the spot. There is no reason not to bring in an elite player for the above mentioned.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:55 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If you think we are getting a difference maker for th elikes of Lewis and Loktionov you are fooling yourself.
If Loktionov goes to CBus in a trade for Nash, you do it. Holding back because 2-goal Loktionov *might* break out is absurd.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:56 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
If it's the rumored back up goalie, top 4 defensemen and a 3rd line winger and DL doesn't pull the trigger he should be fired on the spot. There is no reason not to bring in an elite player for the above mentioned.
Nash is not an Elite player (my opininon). I think That's why some (Not all ) Kings fan's don't want to give up much.

Nash is a Great Winger on a bad team. Elite ? No he is not Malkin or Crosby or Kopitar or Stamkos.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Well said.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:03 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
I wouldn't mind it. What exactly has Clifford shown this season?

Some people on this board are waaaaaaay too attached to the young players.
Yeah, let's just assume that if a player isn't an immediate impact guy that he's never going to amount to anything. That attitude would have worked great for late bloomers like, oh I don't know, Patrick Sharp, Rich Peverley, Brooks Laich just to name a few guys who sucked it up their first couple seasons before finding their game.

This isn't NHL 12 where everyone has a predetermined player rating and you just plug people into slots based on your 3 second evaluation of them. Thank god you're not a scout or GM for us...

Old
02-21-2012, 01:08 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Agreed. I should have just said it that way 100 posts ago maybe it would have been clearer LOL

Old
02-21-2012, 01:12 AM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
"Backup goalie" - Bernier is a GOOD starter on a lot of teams.

"Top 4 defenseman" - Jack Johnson is a leader and competitor with a TON of upside. He is only 25 years old, an Olympian, physically sturdy and would be a #1 pairing PMD on most teams

"3rd line winger" - We have no idea what Loktionov's ceiling is. If you want to label someone that simply without really seeing what they can develop into, you are going to be trading away a hell of a lot of prospect talent

Old
02-21-2012, 01:13 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Well said.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,7418066.story

Didn't see this posted a little interesting with the Rumors...Kind of a ****** article. No sources no facts no evidence. I guess you just take it for what its worth.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:17 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post

"Top 4 defenseman" - Jack Johnson is a leader and competitor with a TON of upside. He is only 25 years old, an Olympian, physically sturdy and would be a #1 pairing PMD on most teams

"3rd line winger" - We have no idea what Loktionov's ceiling is. If you want to label someone that simply without really seeing what they can develop into, you are going to be trading away a hell of a lot of prospect talent
I will concede though, that Rick Nash would be the best player in that Trade (AT THE TIME OF IT).

Later on down the road who knows. I just don't think Nash solves the Scoring problem and that Cap hit is ugly.

The Kings need more than just Nash.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post

Bernier is a backup, and will be a back up staying with the Kings. Yes, he's a great goalie and easily the #1 on many teams. A position of strength for the Kings, but he is still the BACKUP on this team now and in the future.

Jack Johnson is a solid top 4 defender, no doubt about it. He becomes expendable because this is another position of strength. Voynov is in the minors ffs. He may be slightly less "talented" as Johnson. Doughty, Voynov and Martinez for your offensive D men, Greene, Scuds and Mitchell the stay at home guys. DD44 and Muzzin are great 7 and 8 dmen. That is still a very very solid 1-8 defensive corps.

As I posted in another thread, the only gamble to this thread is Lotki's "ceiling". We already know Nash's. He's been awesome on a ****** team. He produces with no help, exactly what the Kings need cause up to this point he wouldn't get much help either.

So again, if it's the Kings back up goalie, a top 4 defender, which the position the kings are currently stacked, and a 3rd line winger (who's ceiling could be, some day, maybe a 2nd line player (maybe maybe maybe maybe a 1st liner) for a guy who can score on his own is a no brainer to me.

Just keep in mind too, the Kings need scoring bad. This trade gives you another guy who scores 25-30 (on his own with little help from linemates to boot) WITHOUT giving up any current top 6 scorers on the Kings (though it's not saying much).

Old
02-21-2012, 01:23 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I am pretty sure I can find Quote's from Murray and Dean saying Trevor was drafted to be a scorer. I will find them For you. Someone just posted them the other day.
They both thought the guy was the next Rob Brind'amour.

Those words actually came out of BOTH of thier Mouth's
I'll vouch for that. I seen that quote as well.

Quote:
No, you don't want them to be comparible. Adding in players in trades, whether you get a guy for two months or two decades can come back to bite you in the ass and shouldn't be done willy nilly. It's called asset management.

Closed Thread