HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Winnipeg Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation-It all goes here; Part VI

This here be part 6. Continue on.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:36 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

First!
Trade everyone for lesser players!

Old
02-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
First!
Trade everyone for lesser players!
No no. You have to think short term. It actually looks like we have a small chance to make the playoffs.

Trade everyone for older players!

Old
02-21-2012, 06:32 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
No no. You have to think short term. It actually looks like we have a small chance to make the playoffs.

Trade everyone for older players!
You are correct!

Older players!

Old
02-21-2012, 07:51 AM
angrymnky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
You are correct!

Older players!
Older retiring players.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymnky View Post
Older retiring players.
Nolan already retired bro, I know I wanted him too.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

But with the Rick Nash talk I do firmly believe Lombardi is probably the one under the most pressure to get him right now.

The Kings are able to give up what CBJ is looking for and they are in dire need of some scoring.

I would like to see him go to LA more than any other team because I fear Burke may be trying to throw something in there to get him and I would hate to see the Leafs get him.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:00 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
(...)

I would like to see him go to LA more than any other team because I fear Burke may be trying to throw something in there to get him and I would hate to see the Leafs get him.
It might gut the Leafs to get Nash though - I'm not sure who'd be involved in the trade on the Toronto side, but it would have to be pretty significant, I would think.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
It might gut the Leafs to get Nash though - I'm not sure who'd be involved in the trade on the Toronto side, but it would have to be pretty significant, I would think.
Me thinks this as well, and the major kicker is that CBJ desperately needs a goalie which the Leafs do not have.

So barring a 3 team trade I think we'll see Rick in a Kings jersey in a few weeks. I hope it happens as I have always had a soft spot for the Kings since the old Gretzky, Robitaille and Blake days, I would be happy to see them succeed.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
But with the Rick Nash talk I do firmly believe Lombardi is probably the one under the most pressure to get him right now.

The Kings are able to give up what CBJ is looking for and they are in dire need of some scoring.

Completely agree. Lombardi needs to make a splash to save his job. Nash needs out of Columbus. I sure hope the Leafs don't acquire him, the Burke fan club would probably shut down HF.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Joe Hallenback

I willing to bet Nash does not get traded at the deadline but moves at the draft this summer.

The asking price for bubble teams would be too much and if you are the Rangers I am not sure you want to give up any roster players.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

If we're still in playoff contention next week, my ideal playoff rental player would Andrei Kostitsyn.

He's a physical and defensively responsible LW who can put up 20+ goals. I think he could fit in pretty well on the 3rd line next to Antropov and Fehr.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmi-Wellwood
Kostitsyn-Antro-Fehr
Glass-Slater-Thorburn

Those are three pretty solid lines + GST, IMO.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
If we're still in playoff contention next week, my ideal playoff rental player would Andrei Kostitsyn.
Has had multiple out in the open public battles with coaches. Hardly the sort of character type of individual that the Jets would seek in the room, IMO.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Me thinks this as well, and the major kicker is that CBJ desperately needs a goalie which the Leafs do not have.

So barring a 3 team trade I think we'll see Rick in a Kings jersey in a few weeks. I hope it happens as I have always had a soft spot for the Kings since the old Gretzky, Robitaille and Blake days, I would be happy to see them succeed.
The Leafs have a bunch of goalie prospects who look pretty decent, upgrades over Sanford anyway. They don't have a true number 1 guy right now though, you're right there.

I don't think we'll be seeing any more 3-way trades with the cap system and everything. The Kings seem to be in the running for a bunch of stars but just miss out: Kovalchuk, Brad Richards. Wouldn't surprise me to see them finish number 2 in the Nash sweepstakes.

Funny proposal of the day: A Free press commentor feels we should play Mason tonight to showcase him to "Philly brass", and then move him for Brayden Schenn.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Huffer

It was mentioned in the previous thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing if Chevy could utilize some of his cap space to add an expensive contract (hopefully UFA) from another team, AND get an additional asset as compensation.

I would think that many of the teams that are seriously thinking about getting Nash or Carter might also want or need to make a secondary move to offload some salary to make it work.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
It was mentioned in the previous thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing if Chevy could utilize some of his cap space to add an expensive contract (hopefully UFA) from another team, AND get an additional asset as compensation.

I would think that many of the teams that are seriously thinking about getting Nash or Carter might also want or need to make a secondary move to offload some salary to make it work.
Was saying the exact same thing especially LA if they get Nash they will need to move someone if the Jets take Penner they could easily ask for a good prospect in return.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

I personally would like to see us grab Grabovski. But I understand why we wouldn't.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

Absolutely. I've thought the exact same thing.

It's the same way we got Wheeler and Stuart last year as Boston needed to make a move to make space for Kaberle.

It's definitely an angle we should try and take. The only problem is that in return the only cap friendly return we can realistically give is Wellwood.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Wpgpage

Well that was an interesting 3 way trade, another guy off the market LA(if they move JJ)/VAN/CHI/NJ getting desperate to add a Dman?

Old
02-21-2012, 03:34 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
At around 10:00 tonight let's trade everyone who didn't play well against the Flyers for prospects because they're obviously not good enough, and call up from the farm to fill the gaps because obviously, they are.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Boston could move Rask and Hamilton and throw in a third player or pick like maybe Marchand to get Nash and Mason. Then they could develop Mason to take Thomas' spot and Rask could get out of the shadow.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Boston could move Rask and Hamilton and throw in a third player or pick like maybe Marchand to get Nash and Mason. Then they could develop Mason to take Thomas' spot and Rask could get out of the shadow.
No way anyone can count on Mason to be a starter in the NHL.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
They won't do a deal concerning those pieces.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Boston's removed themselves from the bidding because they are unwilling to part with either of Rask or Hamilton, let alone both.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Ulf Hullberg

Wow...there sure are some crazy ideas for trades. More imagination & creativity than reality, but what the heck it makes for some interesting reading before bedtime.

IMO, the Jets will be a very small player @ the TDL (ie, Fehr, or Mittens lifts his NMC). But, IF they do make a bigger move, it will be because some GM made Chevy an offer for Johnny O. (or Hainsey) that he just can't refuse.

IF the Jets pick up 2 or 3 more wins before Monday, they would have to feel they have a legitimate shot at still catching the Panthers or Leafs. Therefore, giving up a top 4 to 6 defenceman is not an easy decision to make.

Closed Thread