HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 wing to Bruins

Old
02-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Frankie4seven

vCash: 500
Top 6 wing to Bruins

The Bs are in major trouble up front with longterm injuries to Rich Peverley and Nathan Horton. As positive as I usually am, you simply aren't going to win a cup with Benoit Pouliot on your second line and Josh Hennessy on your third line. They need a top 6 guy to skate with DK and Lucic, or even move Seguin up with them and get a quick guy to skate with Bergron and Marchand. Here are some guys I would target, just wondering what everybody thinks of these guys as fits and what it would take to snag them.

Brad Boyes- Always had good chemestry with Bergeron
PA Parenteau- Solid numbers, would add offensive spark
Alex Semin- Bad year and a longshot, big time sniper when healthy
Jeff Carter- Big contract but might amp up game in Boston
RJ Umberger- 4.6 per year is tough, but a good 2 way guy that would be perfect fit with Bergeron and Marchand
Antoine Vermette- Another crappy contract but another guy who could skate on either Bergeron or Kellys line with success
Bobby Ryan- Would cost Krejci+ but could be worth his talents as a big fast scorer, and would allow Seguin to move to his natural center position
Dany Heatley Owed 7.5 million for 2 more seasons but is still a very interesting guy, not sure if Minny would entertain offers
David Jones- I believe this guy scored 27 goals a year ago, not sure what avs fans would want for him, but I like the guy
Brendan Morrow- Could take the Recchi spot on this team, I know he has lost a couple steps but the guy is a great leader and plays his ass off
Ray Whitney- See Morrow

Frankie4seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:38 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Whitney and Ryan wont be moved. Any of the rest would probably make sense for the B's.

LickTheEnvelope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:41 PM
McTank

Boyes for a 3rd?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:43 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

I'm sure the Ducks would at least listen to a deal Ryan and Krejci. Krejci would give us some center depth that we desperately need.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:44 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Boyes for a 3rd?
I can't believe we got a 2nd for him lol. Highest he should be worth is a 4th. No offense and he isn't good defensively.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:47 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Boyes for a 3rd?
Buffalo is more than welcome to keep Boyes as far away from Boston as possible.

I'll take Carter. Everyone else would either be a marginal or lateral improvement, require too much return, or carry waaaaaaay too high of a cap hit, or some combination of the three.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Morrow would probably be a good fit, but he's still out and is expected out til March...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:35 PM
dubplatepressure

What about a guy like Grabovski? I think he would flourish playing with some protection and size, and could be had without touching your roster.

Grabo for Spooner + 1st?

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:38 PM
nowayguy
Maybe Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I'm sure the Ducks would at least listen to a deal Ryan and Krejci. Krejci would give us some center depth that we desperately need.
What do you think the Bruins would need to add in order to make it a reasonable deal?

nowayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
What about a guy like Grabovski? I think he would flourish playing with some protection and size, and could be had without touching your roster.

Grabo for Spooner + 1st?
You already burned us on a rental. I like Grabo, and if he wants to do the mythical sign-and-trade in the middle of the season, then sure.
Otherwise, Bruins will have a hell of a time repeating this season. Odds aren't in their favor, with or without Grabovski. And then when the season's over, you could be left with no Grabo, no Spooner & no 1st round pick. No dice.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 28%

Quote:
Sign me up

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:40 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

Grabo for Spooner + 1st?
Way, way too much.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
You already burned us on a rental. I like Grabo, and if he wants to do the mythical sign-and-trade in the middle of the season, then sure.
Otherwise, Bruins will have a hell of a time repeating this season. Odds aren't in their favor, with or without Grabovski. And then when the season's over, you could be left with no Grabo, no Spooner & no 1st round pick. No dice.
Don't let the rental-burn thing hurt you - you burned us twice as bad on the Raycroft/Kessel deals. Doesn't mean something mutually beneficial can't be worked out. I don't mean to sound uppity, but I doubt you'll get an impact player with 2nd and 3rds.

Spooner's played a handful of games in the AHL, still a couple years away, and the 1st around 25th overall is what it is. Not great for a 1st, especially in this class. Seems pretty fair to be honest, but yes I hear you on the fact that you don't think a repeat is likely and thus don't want to spend and further assets for an attempt in vain.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Evgeni Giroux

Drew Stafford? always plays good against the bruins

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

I know it wouldn't happen just because of the position in the standings. But I'd totally be down to go for Dubinsky.

IF Dubinsky is moved in a package to another team for a bigger name (i.e. Nash rumors), I hope we call Columbus right away and try to acquire Dubinsky for futures.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:52 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Given the B's oodles of cap space I really don't see how Boyes for a 3rd or 4th could hurt, especially considering his prior chemistry with Bergeron.

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Boyes

pedrospecialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:21 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
Given the B's oodles of cap space I really don't see how Boyes for a 3rd or 4th could hurt, especially considering his prior chemistry with Bergeron.

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Boyes
His cap hit isn't a concern it's his not being a very good hockey player anymore that's the problem.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Morrow would probably be a good fit, but he's still out and is expected out til March...
I wouldn't have any issue with that although we do need immediate help right now but what would it cost to get Morrow to the Bruins? I don't see him being a cheap pick up but don't want to insult with a low offer. Morrow would fit like a glove on the Bruins and I'd love to add him.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
I don't think Murray is freaking out about landing a center in the same way that we are. Nor do I think he's ready to ship off Ryan on the basis of some struggles.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
IF Dubinsky is moved in a package to another team for a bigger name (i.e. Nash rumors), I hope we call Columbus right away and try to acquire Dubinsky for futures.
Well, if Columbus moved their one franchise player for a package in which Dubinsky would most likely be one of the centerpieces, how big do you think the chance would be that they turn around and sell that center piece for futures any time soon...?

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Halpysback

Laich for Kelly

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:42 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, if Columbus moved their one franchise player for a package in which Dubinsky would most likely be one of the centerpieces, how big do you think the chance would be that they turn around and sell that center piece for futures any time soon...?
I don't think it would be likely, but it could be possible.

Not saying these would be the deals, but
Dubinsky, Kreider, 1st for Nash? (not saying that will be the deal, but an example).

Then Ship Dubinsky out for 1st, Spooner (+?)

For a rebuilding team (which if they shipped out Nash), an additional 1st and a prospect with top 6 potential might be more valuable to them than a 2nd line winger/center.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:

Grabo for Spooner + 1st?
Definitely worth consideration. Only problem is that he is a rental and I can see someone beating that offer.

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Laich for Kelly
Done and done. And done again.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote