HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

View Poll Results: Would you do the trade?
Do the deal 12 24.00%
Not interested 22 44.00%
Hold out for more 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the Habs draft Forsberg then maybe Gauthier might be interested in MPS and trade for him to play in Hamilton with Engqvist and Forsberg.That could be a great way to groom them for the NHL with all the young players next season,not rushing them and ruining their promising careers.
Either the Habs are interested in MPS or they are not, I doubt drafting a Swede in the 1st rd will have any impact on that.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Word is that Linus Omark could be moved for a pick...possibly a 2nd, would you trade the Nashville or Calgary(2013) 2nd for him?

Old
02-21-2012, 07:19 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Word is that Linus Omark could be moved for a pick...possibly a 2nd, would you trade the Nashville or Calgary(2013) 2nd for him?
Nope. Looks like another soft euro. Dont want keep the pick.

Old
02-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
I'd keep the pick and try to move up at the draft instead

Old
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'd keep the pick and try to move up at the draft instead
at this rate we may not have to. I mean how can you trade up from 1st

I would like to move up as well. We are likely to pick 3rd or 4th and if we can get to #2 I think we could actually get Grigorenko

Old
02-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
at this rate we may not have to. I mean how can you trade up from 1st

I would like to move up as well. We are likely to pick 3rd or 4th and if we can get to #2 I think we could actually get Grigorenko
Don't think Timmins is a big fan of Grigorenko. Doesn't strike me as a Timmins pick.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Don't think Timmins is a big fan of Grigorenko. Doesn't strike me as a Timmins pick.
There are scouts pick and there are no brainer BPA in the top 3. We need a lot more a Grigorenko than Murray if we have to possibility to draft him we will. Timmins picked up Kostitsyn why wouldn't he pick up Grigorenko?

Those guy are not stupid he will pick Trouba only if Galchenyuk Forsberg and Grigorenko are gone and it's unlikely with the way we are playing.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:53 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
if his work ethic and play without the puck isn't good enough for timmins, he'll pass up on him. besides, i've soured a bit on grigs...

Old
02-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
There are scouts pick and there are no brainer BPA in the top 3. We need a lot more a Grigorenko than Murray if we have to possibility to draft him we will. Timmins picked up Kostitsyn why wouldn't he pick up Grigorenko?

Those guy are not stupid he will pick Trouba only if Galchenyuk Forsberg and Grigorenko are gone and it's unlikely with the way we are playing.
AK was considered a notch above everybody skillwise at that time. I think we would only draft Grigorenko if we were at 5-6-7 and he fell to us...not a situation where we trade up to get him. I'm sure Timmins would LOVE for us to get 1st pick or trade up as Yakupov is the total package(except you'd prefer he was 6'2").

Old
02-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
AK was considered a notch above everybody skillwise at that time. I think we would only draft Grigorenko if we were at 5-6-7 and he fell to us...not a situation where we trade up to get him. I'm sure Timmins would LOVE for us to get 1st pick or trade up as Yakupov is the total package(except you'd prefer he was 6'2").
I don't see us with #1 or being able to trade up into it. The only way we get it is if we win the lottery. If we're top 3 and Grigorenko is on the board, we pick him The head scout gets alot of say, but the GM has the final word and like it or lump it, Grig is a concensus #1A/B pick so it's a no brainer.

If we are #4-6, Galchenyuk would be a Timmins pick. He's got a great work ethic and skill. His knee is an issue but I don't see this kid sliding past #7.

Either way, both would be solid choices.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
I don't see us with #1 or being able to trade up into it. The only way we get it is if we win the lottery. If we're top 3 and Grigorenko is on the board, we pick him The head scout gets alot of say, but the GM has the final word and like it or lump it, Grig is a concensus #1A/B pick so it's a no brainer.

If we are #4-6, Galchenyuk would be a Timmins pick. He's got a great work ethic and skill. His knee is an issue but I don't see this kid sliding past #7.

And if we get the 1st overall (won't happen), Yakupov is definitely the guy to pick.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Grigorenko is the favorite to be #2 but that's fading with each passing day. Teams are all over the board on him...a few have him ahead of Yakupov, the rest are from #2 to #6-7. Some teams see a bit of Filatov and Semin in Grigorenko, doesn't have the passion and burning desire to win that Yakupov has.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Grigorenko is the favorite to be #2 but that's fading with each passing day. Teams are all over the board on him...a few have him ahead of Yakupov, the rest are from #2 to #6-7. Some teams see a bit of Filatov and Semin in Grigorenko, doesn't have the passion and burning desire to win that Yakupov has.
I don't want any part of Grigorenko. I suspect he will just be an enormous headache that we would eventually trade for less than market value.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Habsrule

Would you do the Travis Moen for Xavier Ouellet trade?

Simple. That is what has been reported as an offer from the Wings.

What would you do?

Old
02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
le_sean

I'd rather get a 2nd rounder to be honest.

Dangle Kostitsyn and try to get Jurco.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
WestIslander

Yes I would do it and I think that he would be a welcome addition to our pool of prospects on defense:

Quote:
Talent Analysis

An offensively talented blue liner, it might be easy to assume that Ouellet isn't as attentive in his own zone, but that certainly isn't the case. Poised at both ends of the ice and with the ability to quarterback a power play, he plays a mature game and was trusted with a big role on a veteran team. Just scratching the surface of his potential, he'll only get better as he gets stronger and improves his skating.
Future on defense:

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Beaulieu
Tinordi - Ouellet

Old
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
charlie

Well Im not allowed to vote but I would hold out for more and see what other offers arise as time passes.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Madevilz

Would do it, unless Moen agrees to re-sign with us for a couple of years.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Well, without #1OA no Nail. I'd love it but won't happen.

If we're #2/3 and Grigorenko is OTB. I would put money on his name being called by Gauthier.

We are likely to be picking #5/6 and Galchenyk/Forsberg should be OTB at that time. Either one of those two would be a solid pick. Both have excellent work ethics, both would run thru a wall to win. Galchenyuk's knee is an issue, but if the Dr. says he's fine and he is back to skating again, then I would do it.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Either the Habs are interested in MPS or they are not, I doubt drafting a Swede in the 1st rd will have any impact on that.
What about the 2nd round?I'm sure they have interest in MPS already he's a 21yr old with speed,skill and size and a former 1st round pick,silly.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:17 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Where have you read these reports that teams are all over the board on Grigorenko,I've been following his progress for over two yrs. and the only ratings I find are the ISS where he's #2,Central Scouting #2,Bob McKenzie #2 and the other TSN guy Craig Button has him #7 but they always make controversy to create chatter.I haven't read any teams down on either Yakupov or Grigorenko all season.Consistency is always a concern with 17 &18 year old kids,if that's the biggest concern the guys in the NHL have them almost every player.Grigorenko hasn't got a problem going to the hard areas so what's the problems.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-21-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Where have you read these reports that teams are all over the board on Grigorenko,I've been following his progress for over two yrs. and the only ratings I find are the ISS where he's #2,Central Scouting #2,Bob McKenzie #2 and the other TSN guy Craig Button has him #7 but they always make controversy to create chatter.I haven't read any teams down on either Yakupov or Grigorenko all season.Consistency is always a concern with 17 &18 year old kids,if that's the biggest concern the guys in the NHL have them almost every player.Grigorenko hasn't got a problem going to the hard areas so what's the problems.
Through NHL scouts.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:23 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
Trade #1:

AK + Moen + Budai + 2nd from Calgary to LA for Bernier + Penner (salary dump)

Trade #2:

Bernier + Kristo + Gionta + Nashville 2nd to Columbus for Nash + Mason + option to swap 1st round pick position

Other trades: Gomez for anything or bury him, Kaberle for 2nd to anyone
YA none of this makes real sense. Funny it comes from an account with only 1 post.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Would do it, unless Moen agrees to re-sign with us for a couple of years.
I do not know Xavier Ouellet but re signing Moen (3 years at 1,5M$ per) would also be my priority.

As Gorges mentioned to Renaud Lavoie from RDS ( http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/60.../134308/public )

"... Mais toutes les équipes ont du talent sur les deux premiers trios. Par contre, ils n’ont pas tous des Travis Moen pour compléter le 3e trio. Je ne comprends pas pourquoi on l’échangerait. Il mérite chaque sous de son salaire ..."

"... but all teams can rely on talent for their respective top 2 lines. However, it is not all of them who can count on guys like Moen for 3rd line duties. I do not understand the idea of trading him. He is worth every penny they are giving him..."

It is good to see guys like Gorges (Price did the same thing with Emelin a few weeks ago) expressing, publicly, their opinions regarding the making of this team.

That being mentioned if Moen does not want to re sign before season's end (assuming he fully recovers), I wish they intend to ship him out of town!

Old
02-21-2012, 03:36 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post

Grant McCragg our resident scout says Habs are interested in Galchenyuk,so they may not want to move up for Grigorenko and lose a 2nd round pick to move up.

Closed Thread