HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A quite simple question about Ribeiro..

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2006, 10:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
A quite simple question about Ribeiro..

Where is supposed phenomenal vision tell me?

He scrapped a couple of 3 on 2 tonight Kostitsyn trailing just behind...

God I hope this AHLer gets traded.. He and Zednik for some sherwood would be fine.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Where is supposed phenomenal vision tell me?

He scrapped a couple of 3 on 2 tonight Kostitsyn trailing just behind...

God I hope this AHLer gets traded.. He and Zednik for some sherwood would be fine.

Damn I thought you'd really leave after tonite.

Ribs is actually playing a good game but I could'nt care less as the game already lost any interest before he jumped on the ice.. BTW echler Perreault have more goals than all our superstars rookie put together.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:23 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
Damn I thought you'd really leave after tonite.

Ribs is actually playing a good game but I could'nt care less as the game already lost any interest before he jumped on the ice.. BTW echler Perreault have more goals than all our superstars rookie put together.
Perreault is the #1 center of the Preds... There is no team in this league close to have an as mediocre depth at center as Nashville... The preds have some highly skilled wingers to help Perreault to reach pts.. In fact the Preds have one of the best bunch of defensemans in the league and one of the best goaltender as well.. Sad they suck so much at center cause they would be a top team in the West.

Ribs playing a good game.. let me laugh.. He work harder and gives some superficial hits but still sucks to generate anything offensively.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Teufelsdreck

To be fair, Ribeiro played pretty well tonight. He was a lot better than Bonk.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
But Bonk was good too...but I would like to see Ribeiro on the 2nd and Bonk on the 3rd.

Ribs can be a good NHL player but he needs more playing time...

And NewHabsArea, it's good to see someone who knows everything about hockey like you

Old
01-21-2006, 11:51 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Bonk sucked as much tonight to be fair. I will give Ribeiro worked harder than usual tonight, thats all... Pleks will have 0 difficulty to replace this bum.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
Ribs was good without the puck tonight, when he had it, it was probably the worst I've ever seen him, he looked foolish trying to do everything by himself.
he looked like someone who was playing with new linemates yet again. No chemistry with Kostitsyn and Sundstrom although it wasn't as bad as the other line. We saw Kostitsyn-Ribeiro-Ryder late in the game. They had a few scoring chance.

Ribeiro's defensive game tonight was good and he worked hard along the board. Might just need a few games with Kostitsyn before those 2 click together offensively.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Does Bonk's facial expression ever change?

Old
01-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Azalichio

Quote:
Bonk sucked as much tonight to be fair. I will give Ribeiro worked harder than usual tonight, thats all... Pleks will have 0 difficulty to replace this bum.
Pleks won't replace Ribeiro this year. No chance at all. However, if it wasn't for size I'd say he would have a good chance of beating Bonk easely.

I do hope he comes back soon however since both Higgins and Murray are injured after tonight's game.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:01 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio
Pleks won't replace Ribeiro this year. No chance at all. However, if it wasn't for size I'd say he would have a good chance of beating Bonk easely.

I do hope he comes back soon however since both Higgins and Murray are injured after tonight's game.
On what planet are you living? Pleks not a chance to replace Ribs this year?? Outch... Im curious to know how many would second you on this one.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
On what planet are you living? Pleks not a chance to replace Ribs this year?? Outch... Im curious to know how many would second you on this one.

Ribeiro is too valuable. He has the vision of Gretzky with the passion of Maurice Richard and the hair style of an unclean homeless guy. He cannot be replaced. NEVER.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Azalichio

Quote:
Probably more then you think.

Plekanec is a nice player, but you have to maximize his utility, and that is on a third line playing the PK.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
Ribs was good without the puck tonight, when he had it, it was probably the worst I've ever seen him, he looked foolish trying to do everything by himself.
As odd as it is, i agree. He looked better running around hitting people then he did offensively. With the puck, he was overhandling it, trying to beat guys one on one, and wasn't using his linemates. There were probably 3 times he could have set up Kostitsyn with great chances, but failed to even notice Andrei, or chose to make the play himself. With the puck, he looked selfish. It was a bizaare night as a hole.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
As odd as it is, i agree. He looked better running around hitting people then he did offensively. With the puck, he was overhandling it, trying to beat guys one on one, and wasn't using his linemates. There were probably 3 times he could have set up Kostitsyn with great chances, but failed to even notice Andrei, or chose to make the play himself. With the puck, he looked selfish. It was a bizaare night as a hole.

It's easy to understand with the recent obsession on his lack of goal scoring.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Form and Substance

I thought this was one of Ribs' better games overall, offensively, he was pretty damn ineffective with his SLOOW gears, but he laid a few good hits, drew penalties and actually played a bit of defense, I hope Plek takes his spot soon though but this was one of Ribs better effort tonight.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:25 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
That's funny because right now Bonk is ahead of Ribeiro so you're contradicting yourself. Tonight Bonk only played a minute more but since coming back he's had 5-7 minutes more than Ribeiro every game.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:27 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Probably more then you think.

Plekanec is a nice player, but you have to maximize his utility, and that is on a third line playing the PK.
Well, Julien used him plenty of time on the first PP unit before he got injured and it worked extremmely well...

You have to read between the lines... Ribs got scratched when some injured players got back.. He is playing on the fourth line with limited ice time for the most part since then. You are underrating Pleks offensive skills.

Old
01-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Jyroe Habs Fan

He is useless beyond reason. The only thing he does well sometimes is around the opposition net on the PP.

Reasons Ribs Suck

He is a hot dog
HE is too damn small to not give it 110 % out there
He takes too long of a shift
He gets knock off the puck easier than anyone else in the history of the game
He is slow
He hardly tries out there
He belongs in WASHINGTON or in the AHL for god sakes

If there is a god him and Zednik are history

Old
01-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Azalichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
That's funny because right now Bonk is ahead of Ribeiro so you're contradicting yourself. Tonight Bonk only played a minute more but since coming back he's had 5-7 minutes more than Ribeiro every game.
While Bonk plays on the second line and plays more time then Ribeiro, I wouldn't say he's ahead of him. Noticed how Bonk wasn't doing anything on the PP till Ribeiro was on their line. With less time per game, Ribeiro has more points I believe since Gainey took over.

It's only a matter of time before Ribeiro gets back on the second line and Bonk gets back on the third line, especially if Ribeiro keeps playing like he does right now defensively.

This team need offense however and I don't think neither Bonk and Plekanec can bring more then Ribeiro. Plus, Ribeiro is rarely injured, unlike Plekanec who will be injured quite often enough because of his size and style of play ( exactly like Koivu ).

Plekanec right now would be best served on the third line where he can either replace Bonk when he's off his game, or move up if Ribeiro isn't doing better. Giving him full responsibility however, might not be the best idea ( we've all seen what happened when he was moved on the first line ).

Old
01-22-2006, 01:00 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Well, Julien used him plenty of time on the first PP unit before he got injured and it worked extremmely well...

You have to read between the lines... Ribs got scratched when some injured players got back.. He is playing on the fourth line with limited ice time for the most part since then. You are underrating Pleks offensive skills.
yeah ... Plekanec has 4 goals , it worked extremmely well ...

Old
01-22-2006, 01:01 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
While Bonk plays on the second line and plays more time then Ribeiro, I wouldn't say he's ahead of him. Noticed how Bonk wasn't doing anything on the PP till Ribeiro was on their line. With less time per game, Ribeiro has more points I believe since Gainey took over.

It's only a matter of time before Ribeiro gets back on the second line and Bonk gets back on the third line, especially if Ribeiro keeps playing like he does right now defensively.

This team need offense however and I don't think neither Bonk and Plekanec can bring more then Ribeiro. Plus, Ribeiro is rarely injured, unlike Plekanec who will be injured quite often enough because of his size and style of play ( exactly like Koivu ).

Plekanec right now would be best served on the third line where he can either replace Bonk when he's off his game, or move up if Ribeiro isn't doing better. Giving him full responsibility however, might not be the best idea ( we've all seen what happened when he was moved on the first line ).
Plekanec is rarely injured. I don't know what you're talking about and neither do you.

We'll see. I say it takes 3 full games before he surpasses Ribeiro. Just a matter of ironing the kinks out of his knee and he'll get his 17 minutes a game.

Old
01-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Azalichio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer
Plekanec is rarely injured. I don't know what you're talking about and neither do you.

We'll see. I say it takes 3 full games before he surpasses Ribeiro. Just a matter of ironing the kinks out of his knee and he'll get his 17 minutes a game.
Koivu also was a player that wasn't injured too often at the start of his career ( minor league ). Then he was injured to his knee and never was the same player. We all know how it went after too. Injured almost every year.

Almost the same size, weight and style of play, one just have more talent then the other.

Closed Thread