HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why Bryzgalov Can Be Traded

Old
02-20-2012, 06:00 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfaninerie View Post
Hey, guys. First post on this board. I'm 44 years old and a lifelong Flyers fan. I live in Erie. My first memories of sports are of the Flyers winning the Cup. We get NO Flyers coverage here at all. It's all Penguins and Sabres junk in the newspaper here. Also, No COMCAST- only ROOT Sports Pittsburgh. So all I see of the Flyers on TV is the NHL Network, NBCSports (Versus) or when the Flyers play the Pens (on ROOT Sports). Anyhow, from what I've seen, Bryzgalov has pretty much been miserable. There's no denying that. But I think that if Lav would just commit to Bryz, the Flyers would be better off. I watched the game Saturday against the Pens. Bryz was shaky, no doubt. But if you want to instill some confidence in the guy, you let him play- even after Cooke's 3-on-5 goal. We bring Bob in and immediately we are down two goals in the third period. I just think that Lav's had a pretty quik hook this year. We've got a TON of money invested in Bryz. Man, let him play and get in a groove. Bob's NOT the answer.
Welcome aboard. It's nice having some youngsters join in the conversation.

Laviolette hooking Bryz has been the exception rather than the rule from my casual observation. And the adage often is that the coach pulls the goalie to make a point to the skaters.

That being said, I'd go back to Bryz tonight were I Laviolette.

Last edited by BernieParent: 02-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.
BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

Laviolette hooking Bryz has been the exception rather than the rule from my casual observation. And the adage often is that the coach pulls the goalie to make a point to the skaters.

So would I because there's no game tonight!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
So would I because there's no game tonight!
At least I'm not the only one that gets thrown off by the GDT 30 hours ahead of time.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
At least I'm not the only one that gets thrown off by the GDT 30 hours ahead of time.
That's what did it to me, too! Plus, it's a holiday in Ontario so instead of feeling like Monday it feels like Sunday for me.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
ClarkeRuled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

Bryz has been pulled quite a few times this year. As for the skaters on Saturday, I thought they were doing a pretty decent job. Jagr showed some jump for the first time in a while, actually. Just my opinion, though.

ClarkeRuled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:30 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley36 View Post
I feel like maybe they could just make his life here completely miserable. If there is really no way to handle this problem, and he does in fact become a complete cancer to the team, then homers head should be on a stick in front of city hall. A full NMC has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of if there is really no way around it.
Bryz said it in 24/7 that people said Philly is rough on goalies and life won't be that easy - which he knew before/after signing and months ago so he really shouldn't act like it's a problem now when he knew this would come especially if he played poorly (along with comments like being lost in a fog). He is actually is own worse enemy at this time and what does he expect with the way he has played/the comments he makes? Some say that having a long-term contract like his destroys players since they no longer have to play for anything so Homer is easily to blame as well as Bryz.

As for being pulled on Saturday I think it was both because he let up some soft goals, but also to make it a point to the skaters that their play was unacceptable. It should have been a wake-up call to everyone.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfaninerie View Post
We've got a TON of money invested in Bryz. Man, let him play and get in a groove. Bob's NOT the answer.
Thank you, I agree. Let him play. This year, we should be content with making the playoffs. In the off season, no one knew what to expect and I think the team has exceeded explectations, especially given that Pronger is hurt and many other injuries have hindered players. As someone else pointed out, we just had our 9th rookie score. When was the last time a Flyers team had that happen?

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:27 AM
MASE THE ACE

look at tim thomas in 2010, a no show, 2011 hes the top nhl goalie.

maybe bryz will come through in 2013?

MASE THE ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
MASE THE ACE

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/02...-too-much.html

kind of a dick

Old
02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner View Post

Tim Thomas struggled through injuries the entire 2010 season... he was healthy in 2011. Is Bryz suffering from an injury that we don't know about, aside from being overweight?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
...it's difficult to tell without context, I think, but yeah, it doesn't sound good.

(Nor did it sound good on the previous page, where this was already mentioned... )

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
MASE THE ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
...it's difficult to tell without context, I think, but yeah, it doesn't sound good.

(Nor did it sound good on the previous page, where this was already mentioned... )
oops ment to quote haha fail

Old
02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Tim Thomas struggled through injuries the entire 2010 season... he was healthy in 2011. Is Bryz suffering from an injury that we don't know about, aside from being overweight?
Is he actually overweight or are you just saying things? 209 for a 6'3 man sounds on the lower half of average if anything.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
we just had our 9th rookie score. When was the last time a Flyers team had that happen?
1993 I believe. They mentioned it during the game Saturday afternoon. It would make sense considering how young that team was.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
MadHookUp

I don't think there is a market for Bryzgalov for several reasons. Now when I say market, I am just talking in the sense of finding a buyer. This doesn't count in the fact the guy still has a NMC.

1.) The league mentality has changed a bit over the years. Many teams like Chicago are following the Detroit method of building a strong team on Defense and Offense, then running with a cheaper goalie. San Jose is also taking that approach when letting Nabokov walk. So this would eliminate quite a few teams that are trying to accomplish this.

2.) There are more good/decent goalies than years past. Its the reason Nabokov and Vokoun had to sign for such little money. There are just so many options available.

3.) We live in a Salary Cap Era now. To build the best team possible, its important for a team to get the best return on their dollar. Assuming Bryzgalov plays more to his ability, he still isnt worth the cap hit for his talent level.

The only way I could see the Flyers moving Bryzgalov is if they throw the team some prospects and picks to take him off their hands. But that is also assuming that Bryzgalov would even waive his trade clause. It all just seems very unlikely. And for the person that put up the Columbus trade proposal. The Blue Jackets wouldn't accept that trade with Bryzgalov off the table. I am thinking it would take Schenn, Couturier, VanReimsdyk, and a 1st.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

Wasn't Thomas injured?

02-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Wasn't Thomas injured?
Yea he had off season hip surgery when the year was done.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:37 PM
MASE THE ACE

errr guess i dont know anything lol

Old
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Speculation: Why Carter Can Be Traded

Bryz (5.667) for Carter (5.273) (let's pretend these are equally toxic assets at the moment)
Carle (3.475) --> Picks --> Nabby (0.57)

This roster actually works cap-wise...

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Carter-Briere
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Talbot-Couturier-Read

Coburn-Timonen
Meszaros-Kubina
Bourdon-Grossman

Nabokov
Bobrovsky

I never, ever, ever, ever, EVER want to see Carter in a Flyers uniform again.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:12 PM
MASE THE ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post

that line looks amazing youre nuts

Old
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
RetiredFlyer
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I hope no economists come to this site. Because the assumption that everyone is rational is certainly violated here multiple times each day.

No, I wouldn't want to trade our struggling headcase of a goalie to acquire a responsible 2 way forward who also had the ability to pot 30 goals every year either.

Such a trade would just be madness. This team already has so many defensively responsible forwards and 30 goal scorers that adding Carter would just be redundant.

I really hope the Flyers wouldn't be dumb enough to take that deal if it were offered to them.

Plus, I mean Carter must be a bad player because his nickname was high and wide, amiright?

RetiredFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:25 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
No way Carter is coming back. He wanted to stay here and we basically screwed him over. Maybe if Lavy is gone I could see him wanting to come back, but other than that no.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
No way Carter is coming back. He wanted to stay here and we basically screwed him over. Maybe if Lavy is gone I could see him wanting to come back, but other than that no.
Yeah, doesn't Carter have a NTC clause now? I'd doubt he'd waive it to come back here.

Edit: Apparently not. Although I don't understand why considering we traded him before his extension/clause kicked in.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We have a team that's among the contenders in the league in terms of not giving up many good opportunities.

People sniping from outside the dots and not even hitting top shelf when there is no screen does NOT qualify as a "scoring chance."

I'm starting to get bored with the people blaming the defense and the system like this defense and system never worked before. Bryzgalov is as bad as Leighton and without Pronger, Richards, and Carter to cushion him, Leighton/Bryzgalov becomes a sieve.
I would even take your point a step further and say he's been worse at times. Leighton at least didn't let routine, unscreened shots get through his hands on a regular basis. Bryzgalov looks ****ing blind at times out there. He's gotta chill.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Wasn't Thomas injured?
Maybe Bryz has a brain injury?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote