HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers were hot

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 06:31 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
He put a lot of work into that post.

Don't make fun.
Why do you always assume the poster is a male? Because I am female and I know my ***** when it comes to hockey.

You have a nice day.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Why do you always assume the poster is a male? Because I am female and I know my ***** when it comes to hockey.

You have a nice day.

Mmmmmph. Holding back!

Old
11-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Shawn

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I am in a hockey poll and guess what my rank is?
#1. So I must know the game of hockey if I'm top of the pool:
Oh oh she is leading a pool. Must have extensive hockey knowlege. Must have been on the list that Quinn and Co. made up when they went alookin for their next G.M. How Fergy beat you out I'll never know. Keep up the good work tool.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Dar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
Oh oh she is leading a pool. Must have extensive hockey knowlege. Must have been on the list that Quinn and Co. made up when they went alookin for their next G.M. How Fergy beat you out I'll never know. Keep up the good work tool.
C'mon Shawn, lighten up, have a little humour. Rivalries are great.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
C'mon Shawn, lighten up, have a little humour. Rivalries are great.
I was having a bad day at work and should have held off posting, kinda one of those count to ten then hit Submit days. Still though, you have to admit leading your pool does not make you a hockey genius. We have a guy here a work that knows nothing about hockey and he is doing fairly well and actually ahead of some people that know their stuff.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Dar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
I was having a bad day at work and should have held off posting, kinda one of those count to ten then hit Submit days. Still though, you have to admit leading your pool does not make you a hockey genius. We have a guy here a work that knows nothing about hockey and he is doing fairly well and actually ahead of some people that know their stuff.
Scary thing about office pools is that normally they end up being won by women, especially football pools.

Old
11-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Scary thing about office pools is that normally they end up being won by women, especially football pools.
Besides, 1st place in a hockey pool in Upper Darby Pennsylvania is kinda like winning a bikini contest in Anchorage Alaska.

Doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Old
11-07-2003, 08:51 AM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Can I ask you to do one thing? Go to NHL.com and see who won defensive player of the week for the past week. His # is 42 and he wears the orange and black. How is TO going to turn it around? You've already started on the getting injured kick. Who has been hurt? Almo, Roberts, McCabe, Antropov (what a joke he is) and your goalie is already mad at the traffic in front of him. Yeah, Toronto will rebound, rebound to the bottom of the division. Good luck this season, you'll defintely need it.

Martin Biron was defensive player fo the week the week before that and then went on to let in 7 goals against the Thrashers.

what's your point?

Old
11-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Dar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob
Martin Biron was defensive player fo the week the week before that and then went on to let in 7 goals against the Thrashers.

what's your point?
Slept in a bit there cob, didn't we.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:00 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
I know there is going to be a lot of hand-wringing and scapegoating in Toronto but the Flyers played a simply terrific game. From the goaltender out they were excellent. Sometimes the other team just comes up with one of those games and you look like crap.

Toronto is not as bad as Phily made them look and, I hope, the Flyers are not as good.

What the game did reveal is that a team on top of their forechecking game can expose some of the Maple leaf defenseman. I thought Berg and Jackman, in particular, were not able to adjust to the hard forecheck. Also some of the centers need to provide more help in the down low coverage in theri own end.

Yet Toronto had their chances. However Esche was hot and Toronto didn't get the bounces.

Its a long season and Toronto's personal is too good for them to go through many more lambastings like last night.
Flyers looked really good............Ken Hitchcock has them playing on all cylinders right now..........I really like Hitchcock and wish we had him up here in Toronto coaching our Leafs instead of Pat Quinn who I fel has over-stayed his welcome here with the Buds..........

The good teams come at you with 2-solid scoring lines but the Flyers can do this with THREE great scoring lines and Man are they EVER BIG........it was like watching NHL players going up against a team from the OHL........They are big and they were also hitting everything in sight........having said that they have for themselves an Unproven playoff Netminder and just like with the Leafs appear to be a bit thin on the blueline......wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Bobby Clarke later on in the season try and land some big name player for their blueline right before the trading deadline......that's what I would do if I was in his shoes.........but then again I'm not Bobby Clarke........I just share the same birthday that he does (August 13th) that's all.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
11-07-2003, 12:02 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00

The good teams come at you with 2-solid scoring lines but the Flyers can do this with THREE great scoring lines and Man are they EVER BIG........it was like watching NHL players going up against a team from the OHL........They are big and they were also hitting everything in sight........having said that they have for themselves an Unproven playoff Netminder and just like with the Leafs appear to be a bit thin on the blueline......wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Bobby Clarke later on in the season try and land some big name player for their blueline right before the trading deadline......that's what I would do if I was in his shoes

Flyers actually are not very big, especially with Brashear out of the line-up like he was in Toronto.

What the Flyers have done however is greatly increase their team speed.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:08 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Flyers actually are not very big, especially with Brashear out of the line-up like he was in Toronto.

Yep they are fast..........But I also find them to be HUGE as well...........who knows?... maybe it's those Black jerseys that make them appear to be Bigger than what they really are but they do have some big dudes on thier squad like Keith Primeau, Handzus and Desjardins to name a few.......

That's the other thing I'm finding as well with the Leafs is that they are having a very tough time matching up against some of the speedier teams in the League like Buffalo for example.....New Jersey is both BIG and Speedy; another team that gives Toronto all sorts of fits.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Old
11-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

Quite right, John.

I still think you and your own Flyers fans even underestimate the team you guys have assembled this year. You won't win any scoring titles, but the Flyers this year are STACKED and ready to play in the playoffs tommorrow. In my opinion, they are a better than team than both Ottawa & New Jersey right now, and I don't think that'll change.

I think part of the reason why the Flyers are underrated, is that their best player is GROSELY underrated. Mark Recchi is one of the top forwards in this league. I would rank him right up there with Pavol Demitra & Zigmund Palffy. He is that good. And people routinely ignore him. It's a real shame.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:48 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Quite right, John.

I still think you and your own Flyers fans even underestimate the team you guys have assembled this year. You won't win any scoring titles, but the Flyers this year are STACKED and ready to play in the playoffs tommorrow. In my opinion, they are a better than team than both Ottawa & New Jersey right now, and I don't think that'll change.

I think part of the reason why the Flyers are underrated, is that their best player is GROSELY underrated. Mark Recchi is one of the top forwards in this league. I would rank him right up there with Pavol Demitra & Zigmund Palffy. He is that good. And people routinely ignore him. It's a real shame.

I think most Flyers fans underestimate our team, but I do believe the only two teams I would fear in a playoff series would be Ottawa & New Jersey.

I would not be afraid of any of the Western conference teams as presently constituted.

I also think that if healthy and good goaltending (which I think we'll get from Esche) I would be more confident playing the Devils than I have been in a long long time.

Ottawa will be tough.

Recchi in his prime was better than Demitra & Palffy are now, but that was Recchi of a few years ago. He's still a valuable player, but not on that level any more.

Old
11-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Dar

Hey!!! This is a Maple Leaf board not a Flyer appreciation board!!! SOD off SOB infidel. :moon:

Old
11-12-2003, 03:27 AM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Slept in a bit there cob, didn't we.
what are you talking about?

Old
11-12-2003, 05:39 AM
Dar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob
what are you talking about?
I was joking, referring to you not being on the boards in a while.

Closed Thread