HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2011-2012 Individual Game Tickets For Sale

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
  #151
dipps1986
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
2/25

Also looking for tixs for this upcoming Saturday. PM me.

dipps1986 is offline  
Old
02-19-2012, 11:00 PM
  #152
gmerger37
Registered User
 
gmerger37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipps1986 View Post
Also looking for tixs for this upcoming Saturday. PM me.
Me too, that seems to be a popular game...prices are soaring on the secondary market, hoping i can get lucky in here.

gmerger37 is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
  #153
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
anyone have a pair for the devils game next monday? pm me

trueblue9441 is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 11:00 PM
  #154
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Hey folks, I just joined HF strictly for ticket purposes.

1-I would like 2 tickets for the Devils game on 2/27, please PM me

2-Asking for some advice. Last week I was on Rangers Ticket Exchange, saw a pair for 50 bucks but passed.
I am looking for as cheap as I can get, 50/40/30.

What is the best advice? Tickets now on Rangers Ticket Exchange are at least 60. I thought if it gets nearer to game time prices would drop, sellers would be desperate looking to move.

What should I do? How cheap do you think I can get? Can I get 50/40/30 per ticket? Should I wait until a day before and will prices on Ranger Ticket Exchange drop? Or is it unlikely to dip where it is now and take whatever I can get now and not wait until later?

mucker* is offline  
Old
02-20-2012, 11:03 PM
  #155
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
Hey folks, I just joined HF strictly for ticket purposes.

1-I would like 2 tickets for the Devils game on 2/27, please PM me

2-Asking for some advice. Last week I was on Rangers Ticket Exchange, saw a pair for 50 bucks but passed.
I am looking for as cheap as I can get, 50/40/30.

What is the best advice? Tickets now on Rangers Ticket Exchange are at least 60. I thought if it gets nearer to game time prices would drop, sellers would be desperate looking to move.

What should I do? How cheap do you think I can get? Can I get 50/40/30 per ticket? Should I wait until a day before and will prices on Ranger Ticket Exchange drop? Or is it unlikely to dip where it is now and take whatever I can get now and not wait until later?
Based on what I've seen, TE is cheaper than StubHub in both prices and fees so I'd buy from there. And if you can get a solidly priced pair on TE, jump on it. Demand for tickets is extremely high and they actually go up as the game gets closer. Not many dead games left on the schedule and even then, people are willing to pay for them.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 06:16 AM
  #156
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,717
vCash: 500
As a STH when I list games I can,t go to I always list higher on Stubhub because they charge 15% as to 5% for T/E. I usually like to post 10-15 games a year on here at a few dollars below face because I know the majority of this board is under 30 and looking for inexpensive tickets and I figure I will break even with the Holiday games.
This year has been totally different. I posted my list below face and the regular guys I sell to have been great but it seems like some of the newer guys have become more arrogant asking for premium games at these same great deals so I stopped posting here for this season. (Last season I posted game 4 of the playoffs for face plus the price of a beer just to help out some fans but it seems like the new posters just want to get something good for next to nothing) That being said my seats in section 339 have been going for about double face for a weeknight game to triple face for the Bruins,Caps, Sabres, Canadiens weekend games coming up. I was thinking of doing my annual playoff special but have decided against it because of all of the negative PM,s I have recieved from fans thinking they can rip me off.I had a nice fan from Sweden coming over on vacation and I sold her a pair of my Red Wings tickets for face. I knew I could get much more but I felt good doing it.
That being said I hope we have a great playoff run

Giacomin is online now  
Old
02-21-2012, 06:59 AM
  #157
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience this year, and I certainly hope it doesn't discourage you from posting tickets in the future. You're entitled to get fair value for YOUR tickets, and with websites like StubHub and TicketExchange, you don't have to deal with overagressive haggling. Just know that most of us here are decent guys who are willing to give you fair value.

I've had to go to far fewer games this year than I have in past seasons because I simply can't afford it. I'm always willing to pay somewhat above face for tickets, I just can't justify double or triple face when I'm trying to save for a wedding and a down payment on a house. ...At least I have MSG back though (TWC subscriber w/no other options).

Revelation is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 07:29 AM
  #158
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience this year, and I certainly hope it doesn't discourage you from posting tickets in the future. You're entitled to get fair value for YOUR tickets, and with websites like StubHub and TicketExchange, you don't have to deal with overagressive haggling. Just know that most of us here are decent guys who are willing to give you fair value.

I've had to go to far fewer games this year than I have in past seasons because I simply can't afford it. I'm always willing to pay somewhat above face for tickets, I just can't justify double or triple face when I'm trying to save for a wedding and a down payment on a house. ...At least I have MSG back though (TWC subscriber w/no other options).
As I said a majority of the guys on here are great and many are in your same situation(saving for house wedding going to college etc.) and that I appreciate. What irks me is when people post that they are only looking for cheap tickets and then they turn down a great deal and complain. I have had many PM,s from guys looking to take tickets off me at half price(as if they are doing me a favor). I am in my late 40,s and don,t make a lot of money but I am comfortable enough to help some younger fans by selling a bunch of games below face and I am not talking last minute tickets as I always post my group as soon as the schedule comes out.
That being said I hope the Rangers go on a nice run as I can see this team being good for a while

Giacomin is online now  
Old
02-21-2012, 07:46 AM
  #159
BAxe84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Countryside
Country: Finland
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Looking for one vs Islanders 3/11 and vs Penguins 3/15

Hi guys,
I'm coming to New York for the first time in March and need a ticket for both of these games (max 100$ per ticket, so probably somewhere in the 300s): vs Islanders 3/11 and vs Penguins 3/15.

I'm traveling with my little brother and mom, got us all tickets from Stubhub for the Carolina game in between. But for these two games its just me, and because it sucks to go to games alone (sniff) I was hoping someone here had an extra ticket and maybe would be willing to show a foreing Ranger fan around the Garden.

Let's go Rangers.


Last edited by BAxe84: 02-24-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: got one vs Pit
BAxe84 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 08:52 AM
  #160
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
As a STH when I list games I can,t go to I always list higher on Stubhub because they charge 15% as to 5% for T/E. I usually like to post 10-15 games a year on here at a few dollars below face because I know the majority of this board is under 30 and looking for inexpensive tickets and I figure I will break even with the Holiday games.
This year has been totally different. I posted my list below face and the regular guys I sell to have been great but it seems like some of the newer guys have become more arrogant asking for premium games at these same great deals so I stopped posting here for this season. (Last season I posted game 4 of the playoffs for face plus the price of a beer just to help out some fans but it seems like the new posters just want to get something good for next to nothing) That being said my seats in section 339 have been going for about double face for a weeknight game to triple face for the Bruins,Caps, Sabres, Canadiens weekend games coming up. I was thinking of doing my annual playoff special but have decided against it because of all of the negative PM,s I have recieved from fans thinking they can rip me off.I had a nice fan from Sweden coming over on vacation and I sold her a pair of my Red Wings tickets for face. I knew I could get much more but I felt good doing it.
That being said I hope we have a great playoff run
If she is from Sweden, why not give the tickets for free and work out some kind of trade.

This is why I have 3 guys to whom I sell tickets and sell them anywhere from 5-8 games each when the schedule is announced. I always wind up with 5 or so extra games I want to sell, and I found posting them here is a waste of time for the exact reason you said. Ticketexchange, stubhub, and even on facebook and I have no problem getting face or better.

As for play-offs, I offer to my regulars first for face. Then the people who sit near me. Anyone else pays the same premium I can get on the exchange or stubhub. If people want tickets for a good deal or for face value, let them write out a check for $3200 in May for a pair of season tickets like I do every year.


Last edited by patnyrnyg: 02-21-2012 at 08:57 AM.
patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 08:55 AM
  #161
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
Hey folks, I just joined HF strictly for ticket purposes.

1-I would like 2 tickets for the Devils game on 2/27, please PM me

2-Asking for some advice. Last week I was on Rangers Ticket Exchange, saw a pair for 50 bucks but passed.
I am looking for as cheap as I can get, 50/40/30.

What is the best advice? Tickets now on Rangers Ticket Exchange are at least 60. I thought if it gets nearer to game time prices would drop, sellers would be desperate looking to move.

What should I do? How cheap do you think I can get? Can I get 50/40/30 per ticket? Should I wait until a day before and will prices on Ranger Ticket Exchange drop? Or is it unlikely to dip where it is now and take whatever I can get now and not wait until later?
Considering the cheapest face value is 39 each, I doubt you find tickets for that game for 30 each. Secondly, on the exchange, sellers are not permitted to sell for less than face value. You can try stubhub and wait til 3pm that day, but no guarantee. You probably should have grabbed them at 50 each, as I dont see you doing better. Especially now that the Devils are playing much better. Could even see some of their fans looking to buy tickets for that game.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 10:15 AM
  #162
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
I've had the same frustration selling tickets here. People will quote stubhub if tickets are listed below face when the team stinks and its last minute. But they expect face value for Rangers-Islanders on Christmas. I keep a running tab since becoming a season ticketholder and I've just now broken even from the losses from the past 7 years. Its a two way street and yes, season ticket holders are the ones putting up a huge amount of money and taking a big risk every year. And next yr is going to be another rough year as the Rangers will over price the uppers just like they did the lowers...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
  #163
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
That is another reason why I sell packages to a few guys. Since 98, I have only eaten 5 or 6 tickets, have never sold for less than face, and have sold some at a premium.

My personal favorites are the guys who are looking for opening night, isles game night after xmas and other premium games for face value. My 2nd favorite group are the guys who ask you about games you did not list. For example, "I have two tickets available for the Lightning game on 12/8 and the Panthers game on 12/11. Face value, $39 each. Paypal gift or you pay fees and I will email tickets....." This group then pm's you and says, "Hi, I don't want those games but I am looking for a pair for 12/5 vs toronto, 12/22 vs isles, 12/23 vs flyers, and 12/26 vs isles. money is kind of tight, so I was hoping to get the tickets for about $25 each, can't really afford $39 each. Anyway you can help me out?" RIIIIIIGHT, I work 10 hours a day, plus officiate on weekends all so I can help YOU OUT. That is what normal people do, pay $39/ticket and then sell the most valuable tickets for $14 less. I know, I know, at least I know they are going to a fan!

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 11:58 AM
  #164
Live1evil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Hey everyone,

Sharks fan here, going to NY for the first time in March and I'm trying to check out MSG/a Rangers game. I'm looking for 4 tickets to the Mar 11, 2012 game. Kind of short notice but PM me if you have something.

Thanks!

Live1evil is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
  #165
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
So....don't expect prices to drop as we get near game day and sellers get desperate?

Also, me and my friend will be coming in from CT.
Train fare is 25 round trip per person, assume as well 5 bucks for subway.
30 per.

Does it make sense just to drive?
Figure gas will be 16 bucks, how expensive is it to park and where is a nearby, safe, affordable, garage where it will not be dinged or stolen?

If I can part for 20-30, think it makes to drive.
Train prices are absurd, and they wonder why people drive

mucker* is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
  #166
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterM View Post
So....don't expect prices to drop as we get near game day and sellers get desperate?

Also, me and my friend will be coming in from CT.
Train fare is 25 round trip per person, assume as well 5 bucks for subway.
30 per.

Does it make sense just to drive?
Figure gas will be 16 bucks, how expensive is it to park and where is a nearby, safe, affordable, garage where it will not be dinged or stolen?

If I can part for 20-30, think it makes to drive.
Train prices are absurd, and they wonder why people drive
Train it much easier

WeWillWinTonight is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 04:07 PM
  #167
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Looking for a pair against Carolina March 13 (3-13). PM me if you have them..

NYR89 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 04:18 PM
  #168
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 50
To the ST holders on this board,
I'm hoping that I fall into the good category. I have bought from some of you in the past. I was a season ticket holder for a few seasons and faced the same problem. I ate too many games to justify renewing since I didn't live in close proximity to NYC. There were times that I took less than face value just so I could get something in return. Afterwards, the people would then offer to take other games off me at that same discounted rate. It was then that my fiancee said "******* that, I'd rather rip the tickets up than sell more at less than face value."

I understand that the demand is way up so I'm fully prepared to pay above for the rest of the games that I'll be attempting to attend. I'm also aware that playoff tickets will be hard to come by so again, I know that most likely I'll be paying above face for them. If I can find face value seats, then "WHOOOOOO!". Otherwise, I'm just hoping not to pay double face to get in the building.

mti79 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 04:57 PM
  #169
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Hey everyone,

Just stumbled onto this site a few weeks ago and joined today. I'm looking for tickets (single or pair is fine) to the following games:

-Saturday 3/17 against the Avalanche
-Monday 3/19 against the Devils
-Sunday 4/1 against the Bruins

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
  #170
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I've had the same frustration selling tickets here. People will quote stubhub if tickets are listed below face when the team stinks and its last minute. But they expect face value for Rangers-Islanders on Christmas. I keep a running tab since becoming a season ticketholder and I've just now broken even from the losses from the past 7 years. Its a two way street and yes, season ticket holders are the ones putting up a huge amount of money and taking a big risk every year. And next yr is going to be another rough year as the Rangers will over price the uppers just like they did the lowers...
Yep.

Breaking even after all these years? I know what you are talking about.

I read that many buyers are complaining that they have to pay 2X face (currently) for tickets. The joke is that the "high" price they are currently paying for tickets might be next year's face value.


Last edited by ltrangerfan: 02-21-2012 at 05:40 PM.
ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 06:20 PM
  #171
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Looking to buy a single seat in the 400's for the March Devils game -- PM if you have anything available!!

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
  #172
backtothebeat00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
need tickets for this saturday, willing to pay over face, email me at backtothebeat@gmail.com

backtothebeat00 is offline  
Old
02-21-2012, 08:20 PM
  #173
luvmessnyr
Registered User
 
luvmessnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Need 1 Ticket for 3/4

Looking for a single for the 3/4 boston game...please email me at messier11@comcast.net

Thanks!

luvmessnyr is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
  #174
TKG
Registered Excuser
 
TKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Looking for 2 tix for Montreal 3/30 100's 300's willing to pay, willing to discuss terms pm me.

TKG is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
  #175
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
I have a pair of season tickets, 314 Row D. I'll sell any game for Stubhub fair market value without the fees...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.