HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

would buffalo want to get rid of ehrhoff? {for a resonable return}

Old
02-21-2012, 07:02 AM
HiddenInLight

vCash: 500
Money isn't an issue....pegula is happily paying Morrison two million to play in the ahl and Kotilik 4 to play in Europe...

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
He's really come on since his poor start and can eat big minutes. I have little doubt that Buffalo isn't interested in moving him.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Rush519

if buffalo wants to get rid of someone its that bum Ville Leino. his cap hit is 4.5 mil..funny guy plays most of his career as an underrated player, then gets noticed, now is an overrated player, Boyes, Hecht and Gaustad are all UFA freeing up almost 10 mil next seasons. they gotta get rid of Ville Leino and then they can try and move forward from this abysmal season

Rush519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Jagemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush519 View Post
if buffalo wants to get rid of someone its that bum Ville Leino. his cap hit is 4.5 mil..funny guy plays most of his career as an underrated player, then gets noticed, now is an overrated player, Boyes, Hecht and Gaustad are all UFA freeing up almost 10 mil next seasons. they gotta get rid of Ville Leino and then they can try and move forward from this abysmal season
What people fail to realize is that Leino has been, well I can't say great, but pretty good maybe the past month as his stats should show.

It's about the linemates he plays with. He is now playing in top2 lines as he should.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Boose30

not a chance in france

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Rush519

Since Jan 6th 2012 - 19GP 1G 7A 8Pts +2
Since Feb 1st 2012 - 9GP 0G 6A 6Pts +3

okay better in february, but still not worth 4.5 mil for the next 5 years, grossly over paid for 6 assists in 9 games he does play lots of PK but i cant get over the 4.5 mil

Old
02-21-2012, 09:10 AM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
But how about 4.0 million for a 40 point pace and excellent defense?

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
i dont follow buffalo as close as i do some teams... but i have to imagine they arent happy with the 'team chemistry' they put together this season. they spent a hell of a lot of money for almost no good result.

erhoff is interesting to me cause his average cap hit is quite attractive for a contending team. he delivers pretty damn good value to a contending team for a cap hit that makes a lot of sense if a team is right up against the max cap
on the other hand erhoff clearly isnt a number 1 guy in this league... and if you use him as your number 1, then chances are you suck.

as a useful part of a strong top 4 though... this guy can play. buffalo is a small market tema even though they got bought by a billionare that was willing to flash money around to 'buy' success for his shinny new team.

how happy is he paying 8-10 mill cach for erhoff now that he sees the real limitations of erhoff to single handedly carry a team to the promise land. I dont know myself... and thus i am daydreaming what would my bruins do to get this guy?

because.. i tend to think my bruins need this guy more then the recently signed johnny boychuck. and i bet that johnny boychuck could be dealt for around the same value as erhoff {give or take a bit that id be willing to add to make it happen}

so...

i also sort of like paul gausted and brad boyes. im going to add them to the mix
i like gausted as an upgrade over pouliot or thornton or even campbell for a playoff run. boyes can be a desperate replacement for a top 6 guy if any injuries open a hole in the top 6. boyes hasnt been able to score now for over 2 years... and makes 4 mill... and is soft and streaky and not very good defensively. he might have pretty much negative trade value at this point???

so just as a discussion point.. first does anyone thing buffalo might be willing to cut bait on erhoff? secondly would you want your own team to make an offer if so? third do you think your team should beat my offer? and does anyone think my offer is enough to make buffalo happy?

erhoff {signed forever at 4 mill cap}
gausted {slightly overpaid condiering his offensive upside ufa}
boyes {hugely overpaid considering his recent performance}
for
johnny boychuck {i assume buffalo flips him for whatever they want}
ryan spooner or jordan knight {i know buffalo has alot of kids of their own}
a first round pick {bostons pick isnt the highest pick available}
jordon caron {probably looking more like a bottom 6 guy at this point}

erhoff has a scary contract for some... cause it lasts forever but the cap hit is sweet. what i like is when his actual pay goes to 1 mill, he would be easy to trade. so even if his skills deterrorate, you wont get stuck with him

so all in all.. i honestly dont have any idea if buffalo fans will hate this.. or will other fans think im trying to rip buffalo off.. or will boston fans think im offering way too much?
The Bolded:

I find it funny that people think Terry was trying To BUY a championship. We SIGNED one UFA(Leino), traded for one "Soon-to-be" UFA(Ehroff), and traded for two guys(Boyes, Regehr). When small market teams go get FA's they're trying to BUY a championship but when a Big Market team does it, they're being smart.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Rush519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
But how about 4.0 million for a 40 point pace and excellent defense?
and about 23 - 24 ATOI

Old
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
BloatedGuppy

Ehrhoff has his issues but at 4M per season he's probably the least of Buffalo's worries. The Canucks had too many swashbucklers in their top 4. Some teams don't even have one. I can't imagine why the Sabres would want to part with this guy less than a full season after committing to him for 10 years.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
That would be a "no".

Big minutes (not flawless minutes, but lots of 'em) when needed, a key to generating what offense they've been getting again, and capable in all situations. For the cap hit, he's ideal and I can't see them parting with him.

02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Ehrhoff is not going anywhere, sure he hasn't been perfect but he's been a stud on our blue line. I thought we were getting a one dimensional offensive defenseman who can play defense adequately, but I'm more than happy with his defensive play. He looked uncomfortable at the beginning of the year but he's starting to come on lately

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote