HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Ballsy stance Mowzie, one that is sure to draw some heat to you.
For a guy that can be a fixture in our top 4 for years to come. I'll take the heat and stay in the kitchen too. Not looking to dump the guy for pucks though.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
A Swedish poster on the Trade Forum is saying that Viktor Fasth is looking to come to the NHL in a 1-way deal. If you recall, Fasth was being courted by numerous NHL teams including the Edmonton Oilers last season. At the time, he didn't come over because him and his wife were expecting a child and I believe they couldn't get a 1-way deal.

The guy has exceptional numbers in the SEL. 2.12GA, .931 SV% in 41 appearances this season. Better then his 2.26GA and .925SV% in 42 appearances last season.

I'd be interested if nothing else shakes out (IE: Bernier). Not much on the market this summer... Harding the top dog and then... Montoya?
Fasth was a beast last year, a beast in the WC and is a beast this year... That said, although I love his game I am really worried that he won't make it over here. He has too high expectations. He said no last year because he couldn't get a 1-way contract (the rest with regards to family was excuses which came out a while after he turned down the offers). He wants to come in a be no 1, or maybe no 2 for half a season and then no 1. Maybe he'll make it, maybe he won't but, imo, it's risky...

Old
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
For a guy that can be a fixture in our top 4 for years to come. I'll take the heat and stay in the kitchen too. Not looking to dump the guy for pucks though.
Do you have a name or two in mind?

02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
stangconv

Is trade anyone besides the big 3 for a top 2 Dman. And any combination almost.

How can the second last place team have one of the top pp's?

Old
02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
A Swedish poster on the Trade Forum is saying that Viktor Fasth is looking to come to the NHL in a 1-way deal. If you recall, Fasth was being courted by numerous NHL teams including the Edmonton Oilers last season. At the time, he didn't come over because him and his wife were expecting a child and I believe they couldn't get a 1-way deal.

The guy has exceptional numbers in the SEL. 2.12GA, .931 SV% in 41 appearances this season. Better then his 2.26GA and .925SV% in 42 appearances last season.

I'd be interested if nothing else shakes out (IE: Bernier). Not much on the market this summer... Harding the top dog and then... Montoya?
The other guy I would look at is Joacim Eriksson. He's the guy who was drafted by Philly, then they chose not to sign him, he went back into the draft and went undrafted.

This year he has a 1.79 GAA and .934SV% in the SEL and he's only 21.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:32 PM
ZedenoCiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Just for the record, does "playing like you don't want to be traded" involve playing so well that your team wants to keep you around, or playing so bad that nobody else wants you?
I confused myself on that one...haha. I was more leaning to playing so bad no wants you. I will admit that he has been much better lately. I just haven't decided if thats good enough for me yet.

For the record, I am a Hemsky fan.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Harley

Quote:
Ballsy stance Mowzie, one that is sure to draw some heat to you.
I'd sure be tempted too. I think the Oilers may wait till the draft. If they can draft Grigorenko then Ganger's time with the Oilers will officially be on the clock. Until then we really don't have any other options unless they try something radical like Hall at centre down the stretch just to see if it's a possibility. Or somehow trade for a centre (good luck with that in this market).

Old
02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
I would trade Gagner......I like him but I think he needs to be moved based on the current makeup of the team (i.e having RNH and Eberle who are both small also).

If I was the GM, I would try to move him (with whatever other pieces are required)for the following:
L. Schenn
Subban
Bogosian
Carlson
Alzner
Hamonic

Old
02-21-2012, 01:38 PM
ZedenoCiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I'd sure be tempted too. I think the Oilers may wait till the draft. If they can draft Grigorenko then Ganger's time with the Oilers will officially be on the clock. Until then we really don't have any other options unless they try something radical like Hall at centre down the stretch just to see if it's a possibility. Or somehow trade for a centre (good luck with that in this market).
This is how I see it going down. Not that I know anything. I think patience is whats needed here as far as trading Gagner. At the draft things will be a little clearer for the Oilers. I just wish I had some confidence in managment to do what needs to be done.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM
ZedenoCiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
I would trade Gagner......I like him but I think he needs to be moved based on the current makeup of the team (i.e having RNH and Eberle who are both small also).

If I was the GM, I would try to move him (with whatever other pieces are required)for the following:
Carlson
Alzner
Now may be the time to go after the Caps. Although I'm not sure GMGM is the type to get goofy. But I'm sure the pressure is starting to mount for him.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

vCash: 50
Quote:

L. Schenn
Subban
Bogosian
Carlson
Alzner
Hamonic
Who takes over as the # 2C then? That's the only thing that would worry me. It's basically filling a hole by making another one somewhere else.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Id look at Toronto, Washington, Nashville, Boston, to start. A Luke Schenn would do it for me. I love Gagner and would have no issue with him sticking around, but if we can get a sure bet defenseman, I'd at least entertain the idea of moving him.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Who takes over as the # 2C then? That's the only thing that would worry me. It's basically filling a hole by making another one somewhere else.
Probably Griegorenko, who you get in the draft. If not, then the Oilers have alot of pieces to go get someone to fill that role.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Probably Griegorenko, who you get in the draft. If not, then the Oilers have alot of pieces to go get someone to fill that role.
That's taking a bit of a gamble though....what if we're unable to get him due to falling in the lottery? If we have to go somewhere else, does anyone know who might be available?

Old
02-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:

L. Schenn
Subban
Bogosian
Carlson
Alzner
Hamonic
Anyone in particular that you see as a RH second line center coming to replace him? Are we just going to steal from the forward lines to shore up the D?

Should we trade Gagner and Hemsky and run 10 D-men? Maybe we should go with 2 forwards and three defencemen on every line.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Skm

Quote:
That's taking a bit of a gamble though....what if we're unable to get him due to falling in the lottery? If we have to go somewhere else, does anyone know who might be available?
Have't really thought about trade targets but as far as UFA centers go it's very slim, Grabovski is the top dog but he'll get a fat contract that I wouldn't want to offer.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:08 PM
dnicks17

We already have a #2C. It's Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

He slots in right behind our #1C, TheCaptainShawnHorcoff.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 1725
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Nope.

I expect at least 2 trades.
It's not the amount of trades, it's the return I'm worried about.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
Anyone in particular that you see as a RH second line center coming to replace him? Are we just going to steal from the forward lines to shore up the D?

Should we trade Gagner and Hemsky and run 10 D-men? Maybe we should go with 2 forwards and three defencemen on every line.
For now you can run with

RNH
Horcoff
Belanger
Lander

We also have VV and Pitlick in the minors. The draft can yield more centre prospects (Grigorenko, Gaunce, etc).

Established dmen is what this team is lacking. We have a #1 line in Hall-RNH-Eberle. We can put together a 3rd and 4th line. If we have to take a hit by not having a good 2nd so what?

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Brassard in Columbus, Derek Roy in Buf, Stoll in LA, Torrey Mitchell in SJ, Andy McDonald in St Louis, Langkow is a UFA, Antropov in the Peg.

There are a few guys out there who are both available and could provide depth. Lets be honest here, it sucks not having depth down the middle, but, as we've seen, it sucks have not depth on the blueline more.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

I can't be the only who can see LA trade for both Nash and Hemsky am I?

They are currently scoring 2.03 GF/G for worst in the NHL. Going back, the only offense worse than this was CBJ's 2001-02 team's offense where they scored 2.00 GF/G.

A Nash or a Hemsky won't fix that bad an offense alone. Together they may make it good enough for Quick to steal them some games.

Trading a JJ + Penner + for Nash and prospects and picks for Hemsky would get them a top-6 which should have more offense and fit in their salary structure.

02-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

They are currently scoring 2.03 GF/G for worst in the NHL. Going back, the only offense worse than this was CBJ's 2001-02 team's offense where they scored 2.00 GF/G.

A Nash or a Hemsky won't fix that bad an offense alone. Together they may make it good enough for Quick to steal them some games.

Trading a JJ + Penner + for Nash and prospects and picks for Hemsky would get them a top-6 which should have more offense and fit in their salary structure.
I would say it comes down to their level of desperation, but it makes sense to me, however that becomes alot of assets to give up if they go in that direction.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

Never thought about the possibility but it makes sense. Especially having Hemsky on Nash's wing.

Nash-Kopitar-Hemsky
Gagne-Richards-Brown

Is a really good top 6.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I can live with it this year, but I hope it's not the case.

Smyth, Khabibulin and Sutton all look to be off the market now, the fact that all three have came out and showed that they want to be Oilers is a positive. Even though their on ice game might not show it, this team needs good veteran leaders moving forward.

Hemsky's play lately just throws us in to a total grey zone. This Hemsky who can take a hit and not miss a shift, who can make his line mates better, I would like to see stick around for 3-4 more years assuming it makes sense financially. I'm weary of moving him to another team for a Penner-like return, he goes on to be a 70 point player and we're left with nothing but question marks.

The one deal I'd like to see, now that he isn't getting 15 points a week, is Gagner for a legit top 4 defenseman.
It's so hard to trade lovable Oilers. Even if we got a fair value for any of the kids, we'd all be enraged. For the 2012 1st? Not so much. If it must be done, then I guess I'd rather part with Gagner than anyone else.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:43 PM
doulos

Why would Columbus jump feet first into the PR disaster of trading Nash for Penner/JJ and bits. Would have to be a different looking deal for sure. Like Bernier, JJ, Voynov +

Closed Thread