HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 01:43 PM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
If Nash comes to the Rangers and we break this team up, I think Rangers fans will hunt Sather down and bury him
I completely agree. Someone needs to shut down Sathers phone lines until next Tuesday.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Cant assume he wont
You never answered my initial question.

Quote:
How many players have come here from a different team and actually elevated their level of play for a long term?

Old
nevesis

Can everyone stop worrying about whether Mack Truck or Del Zotto are going to get traded? They AREN'T.

It's a quality player + salary dump. Think Dubi + Wolski + Prospects & Picks.

Certain players are expendable. Dubinsky is one of them you make a trade for Nash with. The other's are not.

Old
Ail
k.

I don't know why anyone is getting bent out of shape after hearing Howson's asking price. You should be laughing.

Do any of those same people honestly believe Glen "trade wizard" Sather is going to pay Dubi, MDZ/McD, Kreider and a 1st? Seriously, there is no way that is what Glen would end up paying to get Nash. So why is anyone crapping their pants like it's the case?

There will be no trade before MDZ/McD get moved. It would be cosmically stupid to make that trade.

02-21-2012, 01:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Ok, how many players have we brought in that were 28 years old and of Rick Nash's caliber?

Old
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
"Larry Brooks wrote on Monday that the Jackets are believed to be asking for Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto, prospect Chris Kreider and either a first-rounder or another top prospect."

Ok, can we just stop this Nash crap. Just reading this makes me angry.

Nash isn't this good. I don't want anything to do with him. I want to keep our players. The price is just too steep. Even if this comes down, it's still too steep.

Next year we can have Kreider which makes us much more powerful up front and it costs NOTHING.

I would rather not make any moves than get Nash. I just want it all to go away...
no to Kreider. Dubi, MZA, Erixon, 1st is my new offer.

Old
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
Depends on what you qualify as "rabbit out of a hat" Dubi, Wolski and Valentenko? Yeah, he's not going to pull that off. Dubi, someone not named Kreider and a 1st? That's kind of rabbit-hat-ish. Still not thrilled with trading for Nash though.
And I'm guessing the bold is what Howson winds up with from Sather or any other GM not named Lombardi. maybe 2 prospects and perhaps a Bickel type guy...I mean 7 years ago the Bruins didn't get much more than that from SJ for Thornton.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Is it me or is this Nash discussion like a vortex that's sucking all the positive discourse out of the NYR discussion forum? Can't wait for this week to be over so we can get back to business as usual!

Old
02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
If we were talking Stamkos I'd say hell yes bring it on. He's worth it in production and in cap cost. But Nash is nowhere close to Stamkos.

Agreed! I wouldn't deal MDZ or McD straight up for him let alone with everything else. MDZ is just as valuable on defense as Nash is on offense, and MDZ will cost 1/3 as much.

You guys advocating getting Nash are crazy.
I'm on the fence with getting Nash but the people advocating getting Nash arent saying they'd give up MDZ or McD. I would agree that they are crazy if they were but most are only willing to give up Duby off of the current roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
This is the one trade I think Sather won't be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat. It's going to cost him.

If it doesnt cost him, then Howson truly is an idiot and needs to be fired.

It's amazing how we went from getting Rutuu for MZA and a 2nd to trading away two huge assets for Rick Friggin Nash
I honestly believe that if Sather cant pull off a steal on this one he isnt going to make the deal. I dont think hes going to part with anything he isnt comfortable parting with. I dont think he and his guys are letting McD or MDZ go anywhere and add Kreider to that list too. If theres one thing I trust Sather with its trading.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Ok, how many players have we brought in that were 28 years old and of Rick Nash's caliber?
You still didn't answer my question. If you don't want to answer, say so. We don't have to have the conversation.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
NYR Viper

This happens every time Sather is rumored to be interested in trading for a big name.

Heatley
Kovalchuk
Hossa
Richards
Gaborik
Nash

Sather is always in on these big name players but he practically NEVER gives away anything of significance to bring them in. He is doing what we would all hope he would do, which is his due diligence and offering a package that he and the organization I am sure feel is appropriate for a player like Nash and his contract.

All of these rumors of MDZ, McDonagh ++++, IMO, are ********. If Nash is dealt, it will be for far less than what we are seeing.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
I dont think people are expecting Nash to come here and elevate his level of play. I think people are expecting him to come here and put up 35 goals and 65 points. Is it possible that he exceeds that? Sure but its not expected.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
And I'm guessing the bold is what Howson winds up with from Sather or any other GM not named Lombardi. maybe 2 prospects and perhaps a Bickel type guy...I mean 7 years ago the Bruins didn't get much more than that from SJ for Thornton.
I agree that that will be Sather's max offer. Dubi, 1st, prospects. Zero chance Step, MDZ, or McD get moved.

I also agree that Lombardi will likely top that. If Nash will waive to LA that's a done deal as far as I can see. Only way that doesn't happen, again just speculating, is if LA is interested in Carter. Then Howsen deals Nash here or Philly, and holds Lombardi over a barrel to get Carter.

Of course, Columbus can hold onto both players, and make a move at the draft. I assume CBJ has the first pick well in hand, but if not there may be more pressure to dump these guys now to ensure that they get it.

02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
You still didn't answer my question. If you don't want to answer, say so. We don't have to have the conversation.
why should i have to answer such a one dimensional question. Its biased towards negativity. You dont pose a question and then refuse to look at both sides of it. Obviously I'm admitting their are not many examples of success but there are also not many examples that resemble Nash

Old
02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
This happens every time Sather is rumored to be interested in trading for a big name.

Heatley
Kovalchuk
Hossa
Richards
Gaborik
Nash
How could you forget about Tkachuk! For 3 straight years it was non-stop Tkachuk to NYR rumors at every deadline. The agony!

Old
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
I dont think people are expecting Nash to come here and elevate his level of play. I think people are expecting him to come here and put up 35 goals and 65 points. Is it possible that he exceeds that? Sure but its not expected.
I agree, his level of play would probably be the same, but there are people who think he suddenly is going to add fifteen points a year on the Rangers. Is it possible? Sure, why not? Is it likely? Not at all, many players have come here and declined.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

Only player I want from the blue jackets is Vinny prospal

Old
02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Some of the Jackets fans seem to think that he's been loafing the last two seasons, and the performance he put on at MSG the other night was his best game of the season (for obvious reasons)

I try to watch as many Jackets games as possible but their announcer is just too friggin annoying. The handful of times I've watched Nash, he didn't look dynamic. Granted, losing can breed lethargy (and vice versa), but with the kind of culture surrounding this organization right now, Zach Parise seems like the guy Sather wants instead of Nash. I mean, look at the guy we just drafted this past June.

Problem is, you have a legit chance to acquire Nash, whereas Parise might not be available.

With Nash, it worries me that he would become a Ranger and since the team is already winning, he would get complacent.
I suppose this is where I get a little hypocritical and say that I can feel for the guy and understand him loafing around. That franchise is worse than the Islanders in terms of how poorly it's run. They're rebuilding one month, and the next month they're buying up guys like Wizniewski and Carter. Outside of Nash, they haven't developed another serious talent since their inception. Despite having drafted in the top-10 nearly every season. Hell, they really haven't developed anyone outside of Nash. Spending 10 years in a losing environment has got to be hard on the guy, and frankly, I'm surprised it took him 7 years to finally start to show signs of it.

You're probably right about Parise, but you're definitely right in regards to availability. Sure, we could pass on Nash and end up with Parise, but we could also pass on Nash and end up empty handed. That's a tough call to make.

I'm usually somewhat pessimistic about this kind of thing, but I just have a feeling about Nash as a Ranger. A quality, no BS coaching staff. A winning environment with a super-tight locker room. An elite defense that allows him to take more risks and spend more time looking up ice. To me, it's a recipe for success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
If we were talking Stamkos I'd say hell yes bring it on. He's worth it in production and in cap cost. But Nash is nowhere close to Stamkos.
That's not really my point though. The point is that just because a guy is earning big money, it doesn't mean he's destined to fail in NY.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:00 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
How could you forget about Tkachuk! For 3 straight years it was non-stop Tkachuk to NYR rumors at every deadline. The agony!
that was god awful, that started what first year post lock out right?

Old
02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I think we get a bit ripped. Staal is nearly worth Nash.
I think this is more fair...
Dubi Staal 2nd
For
Nash, Tyutin
Would I like Toots back on the Rangers? Yes. Do I want to pay him $4.5 million/year? Hell no.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
That was hilarious when Atlanta gave their 1st rounder for Tkachuk that one year they made the playoffs.......

Old
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Him and Ed Jovonovski.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 0
Quote:
Jagr did. The 3 season he was here were hands and feet better than in Washington. If I am not mistaken Straka and Nylander as well put up career numbers.

Rozsival did as well. He was let go by Pitt only to become our #1 defenseman for 5 years.

Old
02-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Heatley
Kovalchuk
Hossa
Richards
Gaborik
Nash

Sather is always in on these big name players but he practically NEVER gives away anything of significance to bring them in. He is doing what we would all hope he would do, which is his due diligence and offering a package that he and the organization I am sure feel is appropriate for a player like Nash and his contract.

All of these rumors of MDZ, McDonagh ++++, IMO, are ********. If Nash is dealt, it will be for far less than what we are seeing.
I don't ever remember us being labeled the front runner in any of those besides Richards and with Richards we knew if Sather didn't get Richards for the price he wanted, he would sign Ricahrds in the off season. Heatley we had a trade done for but it fell through because Ottawa's GM was a toolbag. I don't remember hearing a single rumor about us trading for Gaborik. Kovalchuk and Hossa I heard rumors but I don't remember anything to the extent that I have heard with Nash.

Nash is the only one where we have been mentioned as the destination by many media outlets and rumor mongers and Rangers sports writers.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 02-21-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan87 View Post
Only player I want from the blue jackets is Vinny prospal
no way, peace out vinny

Closed Thread