HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where were you when Gomez was traded?

Old
02-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
I was also on my way to Quebec!

When we signed Gaborik I was on my way back home. Long drive, had the NHL radio going the whole way.

I go on a Quebec trip every year and I always end up watching the draft or UFA day in a crappy motel or on the road
I remember when Gaborik was signed. I came home from my great grandmother's wake to see it. I even remember what I was doing at the time (getting out of the damn formal wear).

02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I remember when Gaborik was signed. I came home from my great grandmother's wake to see it. I even remember what I was doing at the time (getting out of the damn formal wear).
Everyone here was thrilled when they thought the cap hit was 5.75, but when Dreger corrected himself everyone was worried that Gaborik was made of glass and would be another bust.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Vidic15*

I was on my laptop hitting refresh every 5 minutes hoping to hear some news about free agents. I'm pretty sure it was Kevin Allen of USA Today who was the first to break the news. My ex came into my room shortly after the news and saw the big smile on my face. Even she saw that Gomez sucked and she didn't even watch hockey. She would say "this Gomez guy skates fast with the puck but he doesn't do anything with it".

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Everyone here was thrilled when they thought the cap hit was 5.75, but when Dreger corrected himself everyone was worried that Gaborik was made of glass and would be another bust.
That was one of the worst typos I've ever seen. Talk about messing with your head.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

I was working as an extra for a movie, hitting on two hot sisters who were doing the same. Suddenly I was flooded with texts about the trade, at which point I immediately went to my computer to post here.

Priorities.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
i was on the boat thinking he was the next in line of FA busts. im so glad he has worked out for us and he really is a good team guy. ill never have a bad thing to say about him

on 7/1/07 when drury and gomez were signed i was at a park playing handball with a lot of friends. about 5 or 6 of us were ranger fans and there were 2 devil fans. devil fans were crying and cursing meanwhile we were we ecstatic thinking we were coming down broadway in june

on 6/30/09 i dont remember where i was but i jumped up and down like a madman and said to myself the cigar smoking bandit did it again lol.

this is why im confident in glen sather dealing with howson regarding nash. sather is the master of the exchange.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Alvvays
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I was working as an extra for a movie, hitting on two hot sisters who were doing the same. Suddenly I was flooded with texts about the trade, at which point I immediately went to my computer to post here.

Priorities.
Sounds like me, sans the hot sisters.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
nyrleetch

Don't remember where I was. But on a final exam the month before I had no clue for one answer on my APHG final. I decided instead of B'sing the answer I would right about the Rangers. I wrote they need to trade either Gomez or Drury this offseason.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:11 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Haha I'm literally smiling in class reading all your reactions. It truly was a wonderful day and one of the greatest trades the Rangers ever made.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Chilling at home on HF when the news broke. The excitement that we dumped the contract and got McD was incredible. First time since the Jagr deal I was excited about a move that Sather made

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:38 PM
drewcon40

On the Staten Island X15 heading home from NYC. I actually was listening to Francesa. Of all people to give me hockey news!

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'll never forget that wonderful moment. I was just driving out of my development at a red light waiting to make a right turn when all of a sudden I heard on the radio that Gomez was traded to Montreal for Chris Higgins and a top prospect. I was visably extatic, smiling and hitting my steering wheel and talking to myself saying things like "Sather you son of a ***** I love you!!!"

Hopefully winning the cup will be nearly as joyous of a feeling.

Where were you when Gomez was traded?
Sitting at my kitchen table. Just finished working all day, sweating my balls off at a golf course and had a terrible day. I will tell you this, that made my ****ing month.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
I saw 7 years at 5.75 million and I almost... well I think we all know where I was going with that.

I still was happy though. Gaborik scored more goals in his 1st year of his new contract then Gomez has total since he signed that damn contract.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

You guys liked his interviews? Cocky ****er who doesn't deserve to act as smug as he does. Hated him.

I don't remember exactly what I was doing because I was too happy after I heard it happened.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Probably sick after wondering what horrible, horrible pictures Slats must have had of Gainey.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman

vCash: 4150

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Right here when it happened lol

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I was here trying to manage the chaos that ensued.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Blueblood9

I was sitting in a construction trailor in Presque Isle, Maine (northern most tip of the us middle of no where) catching up on paper work. Checking all the usual sites for rumours and news and what not. Saw this piece of info and nearly jumped through the roof. My co worker a huge bruin fan was like wtf just happened. I told him and he couldnt believe it. He was relieved though that MacTruck was out of his division cause he heard that he was supposed to be a beast

Blueblood9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
In ecstasy.
This. Didn't know if it was real-life or not.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Gomez, Pyatt, Busto, (Kotalik)

for

Prust, Gaborik, Jokinen, McD, Valentenko, Janik, endless Gainey jokes
Chalk it up as a loss then.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Zuuuuc

I was at work (call centre, working a late starting 11-7 shift) All the team leads and managers were off the floor in a meeting so everyone was goofing off especially with a low call volume. A friend of mine was on his Blackberry and told me to log onto Facebook and check a friends status, and to not be too pissed (we call this friend TSN as his status updates are so frequent and from any sport imaginable along with some wrestling updates)
I saw Gomez for Higgins + and had the biggest smile on my face because I knew that it meant either Heatley or Gaborik would be a Ranger within 24 hours...almost 3 years later that trade meant Gaborik and McDonaugh, and its an even bigger smile

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
darrenturcotte#8

My old season ticket Rep called me to try to convince me to keep my season tickets. He knew I hated Gomez and
I told him a week early that this team would never be good with him on it, so why should I take tickets at an increased price? He was successful and I remain a STH to this day...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:42 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

I was at work. I was checking the internet frequently and when I read on TSN that Gomez was traded, I went outside alone so no one could see me and I did several fistpumps outside my workplace. What a day that was!!!

And maybe what I remember most about that trade, was how upset (and very understandably so) all Habs fans were that McDonagh was included in the trade.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

I was on my couch eating a sammich when it came on the local news. I said to my dad "What's the ****s a McDunna?"

Then I went online and read about McD and I was like

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote