HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston Bruins firesale...

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 01:25 AM
Ronald Pagan

vCash: 500
Quote:
As a MTL fan, I'd like to see Glen Murray in Montreal, even with his big fat contract of his. We need a power forward like him and he would have the choice to play with either Koivu, Ribeiro or Bonk so it might very well work for him here.
Glen Murray is a power forward?

Old
01-17-2006, 02:45 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Unless you want to overpay handsomely, figure the following players are off the list because they are the future of [what's left of] the team:
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Boyes
Ben Walter
Hannu Toivonen
Milan Jurcina
Brad Stuart
Andrew Alberts

These two are probably the ones who would be most heavily marketed:
Glen Murray (3 yrs remaining at $4M/yr)
Brian Leetch (UFA)

Others with less value include the following. All are UFAs except Tanabe and Primeau:
Brad Isbister
Wayne Primeau
Dave Tanabe
Hal Gill
Jiri Slegr
Travis Green

These two pending UFAs are probably ones the Bruins would like to keep, unless the price is right:
Sergei Samsonov
PJ Axelsson

That's my view anyways.

Last edited by MeisterBruinmaker: 01-17-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old
01-17-2006, 08:47 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
Unless you want to overpay handsomely, figure the following players are off the list because they are the future of [what's left of] the team:
Patrice Bergeron
Brad Boyes
Ben Walter
Hannu Toivonen
Milan Jurcina
Brad Stuart
Andrew Alberts

These two are probably the ones who would be most heavily marketed:
Glen Murray (3 yrs remaining at $4M/yr)
Brian Leetch (UFA)

Others with less value include the following. All are UFAs except Tanabe:
Brad Isbister
Wayne Primeau
Dave Tanabe
Hal Gill
Jiri Slegr
Travis Green

These two pending UFAs are probably ones the Bruins would like to keep, unless the price is right:
Sergei Samsonov
PJ Axelsson

That's my view anyways.
Where's Raycroft in all this?

Old
01-17-2006, 05:15 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
Where's Raycroft in all this?
Hey my fellow B's friend.

I thought about Razor ... but I left him off because his trade value is too low right now. But if there was interest, such as a Torres for Raycroft package deal, then the B's should definitely think about it.

Zhamnov is also off the list ... no value.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:23 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
Hey my fellow B's friend.

I thought about Razor ... but I left him off because his trade value is too low right now. But if there was interest, such as a Torres for Raycroft package deal, then the B's should definitely think about it.

Zhamnov is also off the list ... no value.
Meister, not sure but I think Primeau is signed for '06-07. I could've sworn I heard that at the time of the deal that all three were on the books for next season.

Old
01-17-2006, 05:34 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Marcel Hossa, Bryce Lampman, and a 3rd round pick for Leetch.

Old
01-17-2006, 07:11 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1
Meister, not sure but I think Primeau is signed for '06-07. I could've sworn I heard that at the time of the deal that all three were on the books for next season.
You're right, my bad. Also, add Sturm and probably Mark Stuart to the list of keepers:

Patrice Bergeron
Brad Boyes
Hannu Toivonen
Milan Jurcina
Brad Stuart
Andrew Alberts
Marco Sturm
Mark Stuart

Old
01-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Hold the Pickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
If the Bruins trade for Joe Thornton they'll be set.
They don't have the assets to trade for JT.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Old
01-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan
Glen Murray is a power forward?
For seeing him in the playoffs and the regular season quite a few times, when everything works for him, yes... But he needs the right players to be around. He's not the calibre of Shanahan or Bertuzzi. He doesn't need to use his size as much as a 4th line grinder to be a first line power forward imo.

Old
01-18-2006, 08:22 AM
OReilly24_Thornton19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
Colaiacovo would be an everyday player on that blueline.
im stuck watching alot of Maple Leaf games and while I think Colaiacovo probably does have a decent future in the NHL at some point, he would NOT be a regular with the Bruins right now.

It is very likely he wouldn't be in the NHL at all with the Bruins following their moves to grab Tanabe and Stuart.

When healthy the Bruins have Stuart/Leetch/Boynton as their top 3 minute munchers and all three are skilled puck movers

Tanabe/Gill are next on the depth charts and Tanabe for what he can and cant do is another skilled puck mover.

Colavaiacovo doesnt play ahead of any of these guys.

which then moves to roster spots 6 and 7. I would guess Slegr could be moved to make room vor Colavaicovo if the Bruins had a desperate need to infuse youth into the lineup, but the team already has Jurcina/Alberts around and both bring a physcial dimension and have paid their AHL dues and are playing quality icetime in Boston this year with upside to grow as part of the unit.

Who would Colavaiacovo force off of the team? I guess you might argue that Boynton is getting dealt for him so I cant figure him into this equation... but where is the upside for Boston to make that move?

How many inexperienced kid dmen can one team have?

If Alberts/Jurcina are on the team and Mark Stuart is on the way... and if Lars Jonsson is still progressing over in Sweden and has to be signed this year or lost back to the draft... we have 4 guys with as much or more legit reason to try out on the B's Blueline next season as Colavaiacovo would have anyhow. A team with 3-4 first and second year dmen all playing at the same time is headed for a top 5 lottery pick in the draft.

I am not trying to say Colavaiacovo will suck... just saying he wouldn't make the Bruin defense given the reality of what the Bruin defense is.

If Leetch were to leave... he'd have to be replaced by a vet. If the team does have room for a rookie to make the team next year than Lashoff/M Stuart/Jonsson will be the three kids battling to get that spot on the team in camp.

If Boynton is dealt for personality reasons/contract reasons... then we will need a vet back to take his spot in the roster too.

Just the way it is

Old
01-18-2006, 08:28 AM
OReilly24_Thornton19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler
For seeing him in the playoffs and the regular season quite a few times, when everything works for him, yes... But he needs the right players to be around. He's not the calibre of Shanahan or Bertuzzi. He doesn't need to use his size as much as a 4th line grinder to be a first line power forward imo.
Murray is NOT a power forward at all. He doesn't hit anything on the ice and doesn't work the corners well.

He is big and strong... but that is just an accident with the way he plays the game.

What Murray IS is a 'smart' player with 'shifty' ability to lose his checker and get himself free to SHOOT the puck.

Murray plays a somewhat similar game to Bret Hull where he just has a knack to move through the slot at the right time and get pucks away deadly quick and accurate at the net.

it works for him mind you. Over the last three years I believe Murray is something like first or second in goals scored in the NHL going into this season. He is NOT overpaid at just 4 mill a year given that he will not tail off overnight as a FORCE since he plays a very lazy game to begin with.

As long as he can keep himself in shape and has someone feeding him the puck, Murray will be a 30-40 goal scorer for the next 5-6 years and that type of production costs you 4 million a year payroll no matter who is scoring it for you.

and for what its worth... Murray is a far better defensive player than ANYONE gives him credit for. He doesn't do anything outstanding but when goals get scored against his team, it is never Murray who has blown a checking assignment that broke the play down.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:09 AM
YotesFan

What do B's Fans think of another deal with Phoenix.

Morris +

for

Samsonov

Old
01-18-2006, 11:17 AM
weaponomega

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan

Morris +

for

Samsonov

I'm not sure on this one. What is Morris's contract status?

Right now, our defense is fairly solid, but offensively, with Joe gone, we are having a lot of problems scoring goals. Samsonov, though he's been injured somewhat this season, still leads the team in goals. This team badly needs another dimension on offense.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan

Morris +

for

Samsonov
Deal... I'd love to have Morris, and I've been saying a trade like that would be perfect. I actually thought it might be more like Samsonov+ for Morris. I say just leave everything else out and have it straight up.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:34 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27
Deal... I'd love to have Morris, and I've been saying a trade like that would be perfect. I actually thought it might be more like Samsonov+ for Morris. I say just leave everything else out and have it straight up.
Morris is a nice player, but he is not what we need right now... We need offence badly.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Iceman78

To NJ: Boynton
To BOS: Brylin(lost his role essentially in NJ), Suglobov/Pihlman, pick
?

Or what would Boston fans want from NJ excluding: Elias, Gomez, Gionta, Parise, Brodeur, Martin, Rafalski(too big of contract), and Madden(I doubt you'd want his contract)?

Old
01-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase78
?

Or what would Boston fans want from NJ excluding: Elias, Gomez, Gionta, Parise, Brodeur, Martin, Rafalski(too big of contract), and Madden(I doubt you'd want his contract)?
I like Suglobov...I wouldn't mind seeing Tallackson either...

Old
01-18-2006, 02:17 PM
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase78
?

No thanks. The Bruins won't be trading him away for spare parts...they have enough of those already. Gomez or Parise would get MOC's attention but that's about it.

Old
01-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Iceman78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin
No thanks. The Bruins won't be trading him away for spare parts...they have enough of those already. Gomez or Parise would get MOC's attention but that's about it.
Suglobov is not a spare part at all. He's a right winger with top line potential if he reaches it. He is bored in the AHL and deserves a shot as a 2nd line winger. In a firesale, you're not gonna get a B+ number 1 center(or A+ number 2 center) like Gomez. Parise is off-limits simply because of how much Lamoriello loves the kid.

Old
01-19-2006, 10:09 PM
FoppaArGud

I dunno

Quote:
What would you offer for any Boston Bruins roster player excluding the following:

Patrice Bergeron
Brad Boyes
PJ Axelsson
Ben Walter
Hannu Toivonen
Milan Jurcina
Brad Stuart
Marco Sturm
Wayne Primeau
Andrew Alberts

The most tradeable assets are probably Sergei Samsonov, Andrew Raycroft and Nick Boynton. Guys who are probably deadline playoff rentals include: Glen Murray and Brian Leetch. So pick any of these three and add in guys like Brad Isbister, Travis Green, Hal Gill if you wish.

Bruins most desperately need top 6 forwards with speed and offense.
For the Flyers I would like to have Glen Murray and would give up someone Branko, a draft pick and maybe one of these Meyer or Seidenberg types. It is a tough sell because that isnt much to offer on one hand and on the other come next year the Flyers wont be able to afford Murray's deal because Primeau will be back on the books.

Leetch will get traded to whoever can afford him to make a big push, that is a big salary but obviously comes right off of the books next year. Samsonov is slumping, I think the Rangers or Thrashers would be wise to pursue him because the Rangers are trying to build a second scoring line now and he would play well with some of Atl's speedy forwards.

Old
01-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin
As a Devils fan I would do a trade centered around Boynton for Parise. It's not that I have anything against Zach, I think he's going to be very good. I just think that Boynton is exactly the type of player we're missing and we have plenty of center prospects coming up in the next few years. Also, IMO the Devils could make a serious run this year if they added Boynton to the blueline.

A defensive core of Boynton, Rafalski, Hale, White and Martin would be awfully good for several years to come.

Old
01-20-2006, 11:32 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaArGud
For the Flyers I would like to have Glen Murray and would give up someone Branko, a draft pick and maybe one of these Meyer or Seidenberg types. It is a tough sell because that isnt much to offer on one hand and on the other come next year the Flyers wont be able to afford Murray's deal because Primeau will be back on the books.

Leetch will get traded to whoever can afford him to make a big push, that is a big salary but obviously comes right off of the books next year. Samsonov is slumping, I think the Rangers or Thrashers would be wise to pursue him because the Rangers are trying to build a second scoring line now and he would play well with some of Atl's speedy forwards.
hmmmm, Murray to the Flyers eh, maybe they could work something out.

Is Keith Primeau UFA after this season? If he's signed for a couple more, I wouldn't be opposed to a deal involving Murray and Primeau. I know he's injured (both are currently), but I'm sure he'll be back next season and I'd love to have both Primeaus playing together. I wonder if they'd like that. I know they fought each other in a game before though...

How bout,

Murray, Jonsson and a pick

for

Primeau and Kapanen

It might look a little lopsided at first, but factor in that Primeau is done for the season and it works out to Murray for Kapanen...

would that be enough? or would Boston have to put more in?

Old
01-20-2006, 11:48 PM
erfus

Quote:
Murray, Jonsson and a pick

for

Primeau and Kapanen

It might look a little lopsided at first, but factor in that Primeau is done for the season and it works out to Murray for Kapanen...

would that be enough? or would Boston have to put more in?
I can't see how Murray has any trade value at all with his contract, his age, and his lack of production. I'd settle for any sort of draft pick to be out from under that short-sighted contract.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:48 AM
GossomeRwing

What if the Caps offered Friesen, Aulin, Majesky for Boynton

Old
01-22-2006, 11:45 AM
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossomeRwing
What if the Caps offered Friesen, Aulin, Majesky for Boynton
The Caps got Friesen for a mid-round pick and the B's have no need for another 3rd pairing d-man in Majesky...going to have to do better than that.

Closed Thread