HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mario trade?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2006, 11:49 PM
  #26
Scoogs
Registered User
 
Scoogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,034
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
They said Mario would return in a week.. Like... A week and a half ago.

I think he'll retire by season end.

Scoogs is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 12:33 AM
  #27
FoppaArGud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PHILLY
Country: United States
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Ha! Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNutz
nice to see this is how hall of famers get treated around here, now please tell me how wayne milked the rangers for the last few years of his career.
And can you blame him? They did owe him the money and even with arguably the game's biggest star in Jagr the fans werent showing up for a team sans Mario.

FoppaArGud is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 12:35 AM
  #28
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 500
Mario will retire with the Maples leafs ; it is his dream to play there ....

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 01:16 AM
  #29
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
The Mario that plays the game on the ice, I wish would never go away. Mario the owner, I think the entire league would be better off without. Spare me the "That's how we treat hall of famers around here". This is a unique situation. I never questioned the fact that he is one of the game's greatest ever. But if I were signing up and spending money for season tickets every year only to watch him sit out half the season, I would want him to stop with the charade and just call it a career.

SML is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 02:20 AM
  #30
Default101
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,064
vCash: 500
Mario is one of the 4 untouchables...

Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby
Marc-Andre Fleury
Evgeni Malkin

these 4 will be in the organization untill they become UFA's or the trade deadline before they become UFA's at the very earliest, CP would be shot a thousand times by pens fans if he even considered dealing these 4, Lemieux because he would probably retire if they some how found a way to deal him, and because they spent 4 years in the basement, soon to be 5, building for the future so they could aquire Crosby, Fleury, and Malkin, why would they turn around after all that work and deal them away? Fleury they went out of their way to get, Malkin is a guy they probably would have taken over Ovechkin if they had the #1 pick, and just imagine what Washington fans would do to their GM if he delt Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, which think about it, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Bobby Orr, Maurice Richard, Patrcik Roy. I know some people don't like comparing Crosby to these players but the last time there was a 1st Overall pick that made the impact that Crosby made or a player enter the league with the hype, and reputation Crosby did was in 1984 with Lemieux and none of those guys got delt in the first 8 years of their NHL career, Crosby won't be the first.

Default101 is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 04:08 AM
  #31
HockeyMan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4thecup
If Mario is leaving the ownership partnership in Pittsburgh, does that open the door perhaps to be traded for the later part of his career? Pittsburgh can get much more use out of him by acquiring prospects, I'm just wondering if it is possible, although I guess anything is
for the later part of his career? he can't get much later than he is right now.

HockeyMan9 is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 07:22 AM
  #32
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner
 
B.D. Gallof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Freeport, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Mario Lemieux is a sham. The only reason why he even came out of his "retirement" is because he knew that without him, the franchise was going under, and he wouldn't get the deferred money the Pens owed him from past years. SO every year he says he is going to play, gets suckers on the hook for season tickets, then sits out half the season with his ailment du jour. What a joke. This guy stopped wanting to play hockey years ago. He came back so his son could see him play? You ever heard of a DVD player, big guy? I will be so relieved when he is finally retired and the Penguins are moved to some place where they can support themselves instead of cry poor, then sign Sergei freaking Gonchar to the worst contract this side of Alexei Yashin, and somehow find a way to pay Andre Roy a million dollars a year to be a human punching bag. Mario was one of the greatest that ever played, but I am tired of his act and it is time for him to go. This "Sale" of the Pens is Marios' last chance to collect one fat payday before he washes his hands of this organization and the league, and I think they'll both be better when he's gone.

conspiracy theorists are soooo passe now that X-Files is off the air, dude. and..you are wrong.

B.D. Gallof is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
  #33
SidTheKid87
Registered User
 
SidTheKid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Mario Lemieux is a sham. The only reason why he even came out of his "retirement" is because he knew that without him, the franchise was going under, and he wouldn't get the deferred money the Pens owed him from past years. SO every year he says he is going to play, gets suckers on the hook for season tickets, then sits out half the season with his ailment du jour. What a joke. This guy stopped wanting to play hockey years ago. He came back so his son could see him play? You ever heard of a DVD player, big guy? I will be so relieved when he is finally retired and the Penguins are moved to some place where they can support themselves instead of cry poor, then sign Sergei freaking Gonchar to the worst contract this side of Alexei Yashin, and somehow find a way to pay Andre Roy a million dollars a year to be a human punching bag. Mario was one of the greatest that ever played, but I am tired of his act and it is time for him to go. This "Sale" of the Pens is Marios' last chance to collect one fat payday before he washes his hands of this organization and the league, and I think they'll both be better when he's gone.
I see. So if your employer owed you $20 million, you'd just up and walk away, huh, and forget about it? Please. I can imagine the conversation now:

Pens management: "Well, Mario, we're sorry to tell you this, but we're broke. We don't have a wooden nickel to our name so we're filing for bankruptcy. And unfortunately you are our largest creditor and we will not be able to pay you the remaining $20 million that we owe you. Sorry."

Lemieux: "Gosh, that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. Not one cent, huh? Well, I guess that's that then. OK, well, have a nice day."

SidTheKid87 is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
  #34
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid87
I see. So if your employer owed you $20 million, you'd just up and walk away, huh, and forget about it? Please. I can imagine the conversation now:

Pens management: "Well, Mario, we're sorry to tell you this, but we're broke. We don't have a wooden nickel to our name so we're filing for bankruptcy. And unfortunately you are our largest creditor and we will not be able to pay you the remaining $20 million that we owe you. Sorry."

Lemieux: "Gosh, that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. Not one cent, huh? Well, I guess that's that then. OK, well, have a nice day."
So really - you're agreeing with him. That Mario came back to stabilize the franchise, and get paid the money that was owing to him. Right?

Master Lok is online now  
Old
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
  #35
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,609
vCash: 500
This thread is pointless. Mario is still part of the ownership group. Therefore, he can't be traded. Close thread please.

Pens1566 is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 03:13 PM
  #36
SidTheKid87
Registered User
 
SidTheKid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
So really - you're agreeing with him. That Mario came back to stabilize the franchise, and get paid the money that was owing to him. Right?
It's not the ONLY reason, but $20 million sure would make it the biggest. Like I said, no one in their right mind is going to walk away from that much money, which is owed to you and that you already worked for. Is it so wrong to want to collect on what someone said they'd pay you? Lemieux seems to be taking a beating for that.

SidTheKid87 is offline  
Old
01-20-2006, 03:50 PM
  #37
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,697
vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566
This thread is pointless. Mario is still part of the ownership group. Therefore, he can't be traded. Close thread please.
I think you're right....they were saying on the sports news that hewasn't the CEO but was still chairman....however that differs I'm not sure....

octopi is offline  
Old
01-21-2006, 12:38 PM
  #38
davemess
Registered User
 
davemess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
however that differs I'm not sure....
CEO tends to be in charge of the day to day running of the Franchise, something Sawyer does most of the time anyway when Mario is playing.

Chairman is still the overall person in charge and will chair any board meetings and ok major decisions.

davemess is online now  
Old
01-22-2006, 03:15 AM
  #39
futurcorerock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 6,435
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
If I weren't mistaken, i'd say HFBoards hates Pittsburgh

futurcorerock is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 01:53 PM
  #40
The Old Master
Registered User
 
The Old Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: burgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
If I weren't mistaken, i'd say HFBoards hates Pittsburgh
think so? just waite till we get the first pick this yr.

The Old Master is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 02:57 PM
  #41
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,390
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master
think so? just waite till we get the first pick this yr.

Plus Malkin. Bring back Mario again next season and change the name to the Pittsburgh #1's. They played like #2 this year.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
01-22-2006, 03:05 PM
  #42
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover
 
Zen Arcade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 13,961
vCash: 500
Is there some kind of rule that a thread like this has to pop up every 3 months or so?

Zen Arcade is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.