HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mario trade?

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Scoogs

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
They said Mario would return in a week.. Like... A week and a half ago.

I think he'll retire by season end.

Old
01-20-2006, 12:33 AM
FoppaArGud

Ha! Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNutz
nice to see this is how hall of famers get treated around here, now please tell me how wayne milked the rangers for the last few years of his career.
And can you blame him? They did owe him the money and even with arguably the game's biggest star in Jagr the fans werent showing up for a team sans Mario.

Old
01-20-2006, 12:35 AM
goalchenyuk

Mario will retire with the Maples leafs ; it is his dream to play there ....

Old
01-20-2006, 01:16 AM
SML

The Mario that plays the game on the ice, I wish would never go away. Mario the owner, I think the entire league would be better off without. Spare me the "That's how we treat hall of famers around here". This is a unique situation. I never questioned the fact that he is one of the game's greatest ever. But if I were signing up and spending money for season tickets every year only to watch him sit out half the season, I would want him to stop with the charade and just call it a career.

Old
01-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Default101

Mario is one of the 4 untouchables...

Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby
Marc-Andre Fleury
Evgeni Malkin

these 4 will be in the organization untill they become UFA's or the trade deadline before they become UFA's at the very earliest, CP would be shot a thousand times by pens fans if he even considered dealing these 4, Lemieux because he would probably retire if they some how found a way to deal him, and because they spent 4 years in the basement, soon to be 5, building for the future so they could aquire Crosby, Fleury, and Malkin, why would they turn around after all that work and deal them away? Fleury they went out of their way to get, Malkin is a guy they probably would have taken over Ovechkin if they had the #1 pick, and just imagine what Washington fans would do to their GM if he delt Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby, which think about it, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Bobby Orr, Maurice Richard, Patrcik Roy. I know some people don't like comparing Crosby to these players but the last time there was a 1st Overall pick that made the impact that Crosby made or a player enter the league with the hype, and reputation Crosby did was in 1984 with Lemieux and none of those guys got delt in the first 8 years of their NHL career, Crosby won't be the first.

Old
01-20-2006, 04:08 AM
HockeyMan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4thecup
If Mario is leaving the ownership partnership in Pittsburgh, does that open the door perhaps to be traded for the later part of his career? Pittsburgh can get much more use out of him by acquiring prospects, I'm just wondering if it is possible, although I guess anything is
for the later part of his career? he can't get much later than he is right now.

Old
01-20-2006, 07:22 AM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Mario Lemieux is a sham. The only reason why he even came out of his "retirement" is because he knew that without him, the franchise was going under, and he wouldn't get the deferred money the Pens owed him from past years. SO every year he says he is going to play, gets suckers on the hook for season tickets, then sits out half the season with his ailment du jour. What a joke. This guy stopped wanting to play hockey years ago. He came back so his son could see him play? You ever heard of a DVD player, big guy? I will be so relieved when he is finally retired and the Penguins are moved to some place where they can support themselves instead of cry poor, then sign Sergei freaking Gonchar to the worst contract this side of Alexei Yashin, and somehow find a way to pay Andre Roy a million dollars a year to be a human punching bag. Mario was one of the greatest that ever played, but I am tired of his act and it is time for him to go. This "Sale" of the Pens is Marios' last chance to collect one fat payday before he washes his hands of this organization and the league, and I think they'll both be better when he's gone.

conspiracy theorists are soooo passe now that X-Files is off the air, dude. and..you are wrong.

Old
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
SidTheKid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Mario Lemieux is a sham. The only reason why he even came out of his "retirement" is because he knew that without him, the franchise was going under, and he wouldn't get the deferred money the Pens owed him from past years. SO every year he says he is going to play, gets suckers on the hook for season tickets, then sits out half the season with his ailment du jour. What a joke. This guy stopped wanting to play hockey years ago. He came back so his son could see him play? You ever heard of a DVD player, big guy? I will be so relieved when he is finally retired and the Penguins are moved to some place where they can support themselves instead of cry poor, then sign Sergei freaking Gonchar to the worst contract this side of Alexei Yashin, and somehow find a way to pay Andre Roy a million dollars a year to be a human punching bag. Mario was one of the greatest that ever played, but I am tired of his act and it is time for him to go. This "Sale" of the Pens is Marios' last chance to collect one fat payday before he washes his hands of this organization and the league, and I think they'll both be better when he's gone.
I see. So if your employer owed you $20 million, you'd just up and walk away, huh, and forget about it? Please. I can imagine the conversation now:

Pens management: "Well, Mario, we're sorry to tell you this, but we're broke. We don't have a wooden nickel to our name so we're filing for bankruptcy. And unfortunately you are our largest creditor and we will not be able to pay you the remaining $20 million that we owe you. Sorry."

Lemieux: "Gosh, that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. Not one cent, huh? Well, I guess that's that then. OK, well, have a nice day."

Old
01-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid87
I see. So if your employer owed you $20 million, you'd just up and walk away, huh, and forget about it? Please. I can imagine the conversation now:

Pens management: "Well, Mario, we're sorry to tell you this, but we're broke. We don't have a wooden nickel to our name so we're filing for bankruptcy. And unfortunately you are our largest creditor and we will not be able to pay you the remaining $20 million that we owe you. Sorry."

Lemieux: "Gosh, that's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. Not one cent, huh? Well, I guess that's that then. OK, well, have a nice day."
So really - you're agreeing with him. That Mario came back to stabilize the franchise, and get paid the money that was owing to him. Right?

Old
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Pens1566

This thread is pointless. Mario is still part of the ownership group. Therefore, he can't be traded. Close thread please.

Old
01-20-2006, 03:13 PM
SidTheKid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
So really - you're agreeing with him. That Mario came back to stabilize the franchise, and get paid the money that was owing to him. Right?
It's not the ONLY reason, but $20 million sure would make it the biggest. Like I said, no one in their right mind is going to walk away from that much money, which is owed to you and that you already worked for. Is it so wrong to want to collect on what someone said they'd pay you? Lemieux seems to be taking a beating for that.

Old
01-20-2006, 03:50 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566
This thread is pointless. Mario is still part of the ownership group. Therefore, he can't be traded. Close thread please.
I think you're right....they were saying on the sports news that hewasn't the CEO but was still chairman....however that differs I'm not sure....

Old
01-21-2006, 12:38 PM
davemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
however that differs I'm not sure....
CEO tends to be in charge of the day to day running of the Franchise, something Sawyer does most of the time anyway when Mario is playing.

Chairman is still the overall person in charge and will chair any board meetings and ok major decisions.

Old
01-22-2006, 03:15 AM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
If I weren't mistaken, i'd say HFBoards hates Pittsburgh

Old
01-22-2006, 01:53 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
If I weren't mistaken, i'd say HFBoards hates Pittsburgh
think so? just waite till we get the first pick this yr.

Old
01-22-2006, 02:57 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master
think so? just waite till we get the first pick this yr.

Plus Malkin. Bring back Mario again next season and change the name to the Pittsburgh #1's. They played like #2 this year.

Old
01-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Is there some kind of rule that a thread like this has to pop up every 3 months or so?

Closed Thread