HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 04:54 PM
buddyb

vCash: 500
Nash/Dubinsky

One thing to keep in mind is that nobody is trading Rich Nash for Dubinsky; Dubinsky can cannot be the primary piece coming back, more like a secondary, cap-clearing piece. The notion that Dubinsky and a few prospects gets this deal done is not realistic, especially considering the potential of Kreider to opt out of Columbus by staying in the u.s. college system.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:54 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
There is NO WAY CBJ takes back Wade Redden. I cannot stress it enough how that will never happen.
and why is that; Redden could probably play for CBJ and NYR need relief from Nash's contract. as far as I know there is no bad blood between Redden and CBJ and they're not under any cap restrictions

Old
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Apparently another poster on the main board is listening to NHL Live today and he mentioned that the asking price for Rick Nash is Dubinsky, Kreider, 1st, and Erixon.

There is no way I would give that up for Nash and I am indifferent to the outcome of this whole ordeal.

You can already see CBJ is cracking dropping down quickly from their asking price of MDZ+. Sather needs to wait them out a little longer and if CBJ doesn't budge from that price they can go take a walk.

02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
eco's bones

To go off on a tangent--TB has just traded Downie. They've already traded Moore and Kubina--so they're obviously sellers. LeCavalier's contract is just horrible and there's no way they're going to deal Stamkos.

But there is St. Louis and to be honest I think Martin makes more sense to the Rangers (and is not going to cost us any more in personnel--probably even less) than Nash does.

1) St. Louis has won a cup with Tortorella and he's played with Richards.
2) he's signed through 2015 but that's much better than Nash's term and St. Louis is $2 mil cheaper per.
3) he's a lot older but he really is a point a game player.
4) like I said he's won--he knows Tortorella and even better Tortorella knows him.
5) he has extensive playoff experience and can play in all situations. One would expect he would lift Richards comfort level vis a vis the power play.

Think the Rangers would be wise to at least explore that idea instead of letting Howson think he holds all the cards.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
and why is that; Redden could probably play for CBJ and NYR need relief from Nash's contract. as far as I know there is no bad blood between Redden and CBJ and they're not under any cap restrictions
Because he is currently rotting away in the minor leagues.

If you're CBJ would you pay 6 mill/yr for a aging, practically useless defensemen, or continue to play young players like John Moore?

Nobody will take Wade Redden.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
To go off on a tangent--TB has just traded Downie. They've already traded Moore and Kubina--so they're obviously sellers. LeCavalier's contract is just horrible and there's no way they're going to deal Stamkos.

But there is St. Louis and to be honest I think Martin makes more sense to the Rangers (and is not going to cost us any more in personnel--probably even less) than Nash does.

2) he's signed through 2015 but that's much better than Nash's term and St. Louis is $2 mil cheaper per.
4) like I said he's won--he knows Tortorella and even better Tortorella knows him.
5) he has extensive playoff experience and can play in all situations. One would expect he would lift Richards comfort level vis a vis the power play.

Think the Rangers would be wise to at least explore that idea instead of letting Howson think he holds all the cards.
If he is comfortable with playing the LW sure. Otherwise he (or Cally) would have to be our 3rd line RW.

Old
Ail
k.

Quote:

I don't think Howson holds all the cards, and everyone else probably knows that as well, but MSL I would be on board with, depending on the price.

He plays mostly RW though, dunno if he could move in to the LW slot.

Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

I would love MSL on this team. Proven battler, was a beast in the PO's last year as well.

He's got a NMC, but I'm betting he'd at least think about waiving it to go play for Torts.

If Tampa decides to trade him, Sather should go for it.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

One downside of MSL is that it's a 35+ contract so if he retires before its over, it still counts against our cap.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Apparently another poster on the main board is listening to NHL Live today and he mentioned that the asking price for Rick Nash is Dubinsky, Kreider, 1st, and Erixon.

There is no way I would give that up for Nash and I am indifferent to the outcome of this whole ordeal.

You can already see CBJ is cracking dropping down quickly from their asking price of MDZ+. Sather needs to wait them out a little longer and if CBJ doesn't budge from that price they can go take a walk.
If he was willing to take another forward prospect not named Kreider instead by Monday, I would be okay with that deal.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I said he was down in my first post which is probably selling him short - he's right on pace. But yea that doesn't negate my point. I'd like to see some examples of elite players who improved. I think when you get to that level, you pretty much are what you are. You'd think the production would go up playing with better players but in this case common sense in wrong.

i'm probably beating a dead horse now I'll shut up lol
I agreed with you, not the other guy.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:04 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Because he is currently rotting away in the minor leagues.

If you're CBJ would you pay 6 mill/yr for a aging, practically useless defensemen, or continue to play young players like John Moore?

Nobody will take Wade Redden.
I could care less what CBJ do with Redden, play him or farm him out, if NYR take on Nash's contract we need summer relief and Redden is perfect. Howson has to take back a bad contract if he getting our young players and Dubi; Redden doesn't effect CBJ at all;

Old
02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
MSL is a playmaker, not a goal scorer.

Rangers need goal scorers.

Not to mention, MSL isn't the big name that has been being reportedly shopped with legitimate sources saying NYR the frontrunner in.

02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
I could care less what CBJ do with Redden, play him or farm him out, if NYR take on Nash's contract we need summer relief and Redden is perfect. Howson has to take back a bad contract if he getting our young players and Dubi; Redden doesn't effect CBJ at all;
You start asking Howson to do favors like take on Redden's contract so that NYR can avoid summer cap issues (which are probably not even issues, really...) and you're giving him leverage. He gets to start asking for more then.

No.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
MSL is a playmaker, not a goal scorer.

Rangers need goal scorers.

Not to mention, MSL isn't the big name that has been being reportedly shopped with legitimate sources saying NYR the frontrunner in.
They will pass circles around other teams... and nothing else.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Mini6767

Hey everyone first post been reading there forums for nearly 2years and finally decided to sign up
There is one thing ppl keep overlooking when it comes to nashs stats and that is he is playing against teams that r very gd defensively not to mention some of the best defence men in the game lidstrom weber etc
Blues r 2nd in GA
Detroit r 4th in GA
Nashville r 9th in GA
I think in our division and conference he scores 40/40 minimum

Old
02-21-2012, 05:08 PM
KennyWu

Quote:

If true I hope Sather is holding out on working something out to give up another prospect instead of Kreider.

Although I know most have said they don't see Erixon moving after he forced his way out of CGY....

Old
02-21-2012, 05:11 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
You start asking Howson to do favors like take on Redden's contract so that NYR can avoid summer cap issues (which are probably not even issues, really...) and you're giving him leverage. He gets to start asking for more then.

No.
It's not a favor; it's the same as Howson asking for McD/MDZ; its a negotiation; summer cap issues will be issues very shortly if we acquire Nash

Old
02-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini6767 View Post
Hey everyone first post been reading there forums for nearly 2years and finally decided to sign up
There is one thing ppl keep overlooking when it comes to nashs stats and that is he is playing against teams that r very gd defensively not to mention some of the best defence men in the game lidstrom weber etc
Blues r 2nd in GA
Detroit r 4th in GA
Nashville r 9th in GA
I think in our division and conference he scores 40/40 minimum
Unfortunately for him he is facing every team in the league's top D-pairing every game, for the majority of it, but yes playing in a division with some of the best top defense pairings in the league does not help his cause even more-so.

He would have to suck pretty bad here to not at least meet his career average.

Edit: Welcome to the boards, as a poster.

Last edited by Ail: 02-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 05:19 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
If he was willing to take another forward prospect not named Kreider instead by Monday, I would be okay with that deal.
Yea I'd be fine with that deal but with made me say no is the inclusion of both Kreider AND Erixon. Switch Kreider with Thomas or even McIlrath and I'd probably be ok with that.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
JeffMangum
mfw Flyers D

vCash: 300
Quote:

I'd do it.

You're essentially replacing Dubinsky with Nash in such a trade....yes please.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'd do it.

Yea like I said that's the basic construction of the deal but I'm not dealing Kreider along with another top prospect.

CBJ already has shown that they don't have much leverage in that they've already caved on their original demands. I think Sather knows this and is waiting for them to lower the price a little bit more. I think that the deal is close and will get done if I had to put a bet on it.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I agreed with you, not the other guy.
I know sorry for the confusion...was correcting myself really just to be fair.

Quote:

Love the idea.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'd do it.

I disagree....that would be replacing much more than Dubinsky for Nash.

Dubinsky for Nash? Fine. Throw in Kreider, Erixon and a first? No way.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Fanned On It

My dad told me yesterday that he heard the whole Nash coming to NY thing was over and done with, is that wrong?

Closed Thread