HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Is there any way we can pay Redden under the table the remaining money owed so he can "walk away" from his contract before the summer?

Old
02-21-2012, 05:27 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
MSL is a playmaker, not a goal scorer.

Rangers need goal scorers.

Not to mention, MSL isn't the big name that has been being reportedly shopped with legitimate sources saying NYR the frontrunner in.
I don't know about that. We have guys willing to go to the paint, guys who can score goals around the net, but a limited number of guys who can get the puck there. MSL would improve the PP much more than Nash would, IMO.

Although, as you say, it's all moot because we have no idea if he's on the block.

RANGERS =
Old
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'd do it.

You're essentially replacing Dubinsky with Nash in such a trade....yes please.
agreed on the Nash replacing Dubi, but no to 3 #1's going the other way; take Kreider out replace w/CT; I do not want to trade Kreider, anyway Chris Kreider is unsigned and if he is traded to CBJ he will not sign, play senior yr at BC and than go FA and sign w/Boston; i do not want to see CK in a Bruin uni

Old
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I know sorry for the confusion...was correcting myself really just to be fair.

Love the idea.
LeCavalier may have a broken bone in his hand/wrist

Old
02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
SomE

Quote:

Not to mention, MSL isn't the big name that has been being reportedly shopped with legitimate sources saying NYR the frontrunner in.
What games do you watch?

The Rangers desperately need CREATIVITY. and that is one thing that MSL brings a ton of. He would be the perfect addition.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
eco's bones

Quote:

Maybe not the name being shopped in the papers but worth looking at anyway IMO.

MSL is as dangerous an offensive presence as anyone currently on the Rangers. He might not quite be the finisher that Nash is but I think his compete level is a bit higher and that could make a big difference in the playoffs. He's not a guy to take nights off and you pretty much have to hit him in the face with a slapshot to get him out of the lineup.

What I like apart from that is his contract is much more reasonable in terms of length and cap hit. You don't have to worry about things like leadership or work effort. For the poster worried about his 35+ contract he had a very long streak of games played broken by that pre-game slapshot to the face. He's still got a motor (one of the faster players in the league and he can play 20 minutes a night) and is very durable.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
egelband

The salary is a huge isssue. this isn't a matter of talent for talent. this is a matter of talent for salary relief. columbus is motivated to move the guy for a reason. they want to change direction. this isn't a whim. surely they've discussed this and said 'let's do it'. maybe they said 'only do it if we get another g-m to panic'. but that would be a pretty silly way to run an operation. more than likely, they've made a decision to move nash. they'll take the best offer. the rangers should be very patient and very careful.
columbus doesn't have that much leverage. the rangers have no need to make a hasty move and columbus is a more-than-they-will-admit motivated seller. just my take. but all this talk of dubinsky+erixon+kreider+picks is nonsense. nash will go for much less and columbus will be happy to be rid of that contract.
i won't bet that the rangers will get him...because someone may pay a little more. but i suspect columbus gets a high pick, an anisimov type, and, a good prospect. and columbus may even have to take some short-term contract back, like a wolski.
i also think that columbus won't get as much during the off-season. monday will be interesting, i guess.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:34 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Yea like I said that's the basic construction of the deal but I'm not dealing Kreider along with another top prospect.

CBJ already has shown that they don't have much leverage in that they've already caved on their original demands. I think Sather knows this and is waiting for them to lower the price a little bit more. I think that the deal is close and will get done if I had to put a bet on it.
If you can get them to come down from Kreider, you attempt to do so, but if they don't, you don't sayno to acquiring Rick Nash because of one unproven prospect.

By the way, can you point me to the person that said that? All I seeis people bickering over whether Kessel is better than Nash.

02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
If you can get them to come down from Kreider, you attempt to do so, but if they don't, you don't sayno to acquiring Rick Nash because of one unproven prospect.

By the way, can you point me to the person that said that? All I seeis people bickering over whether Kessel is better than Nash.
Post #114 in the Rick Nash thread.

02-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
No to Kreider, he's untouchable; I don't want Nash, but if for some reason Sather decides Nash is a must than its Dubi, Erixson/McIlrath, C Thomas, 1st and Wade Redden (thats a must) NYR get Nash + CBJ 2nd; that at least covers the cap hit; I know it doesn't affect our season, but it hamstrings us in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Apparently another poster on the main board is listening to NHL Live today and he mentioned that the asking price for Rick Nash is Dubinsky, Kreider, 1st, and Erixon.

There is no way I would give that up for Nash and I am indifferent to the outcome of this whole ordeal.

You can already see CBJ is cracking dropping down quickly from their asking price of MDZ+. Sather needs to wait them out a little longer and if CBJ doesn't budge from that price they can go take a walk.
I'd do both those deals if I'm Sather. If Howson backs off from McD, MDZ and Stepan and takes Kreider instead, the current roster and core is as untouched as possible, while adding an elite player.

Wearing Howson's shoes I'd say no if Kreider isn't included. I also, IMO should be fired if I didn't.

Oh, and don't think the Blue Jackets owners will accept Howson bringing in Redden on that contract. Not gonna happen, IMO

Old
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
egelband

Quote:

i'd prefer the rangers moved kreider than dubinsky.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
17futurecap

Pat Leonard @NYDNRangers

Scouts on list for Rangers-Penguins game in Pittsburgh: Lightning, Blue Jackets (Craig Patrick, senior advisor to GM), Senators

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline

The following scouts @ Nationwide: Vancouver, Ottawa, Pittsburgh (2), NY Rangers, Montreal, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Detroit

Old
02-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

If they want Kreider, Columbus can continue to rot.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
I subscribe to this theory.

Not moving out #1 and #2 prospect for a guy with Nash's cap hit. No reason for a team like the Rangers, a prime UFA destination, to pay that price.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Pat Leonard @NYDNRangers

Scouts on list for Rangers-Penguins game in Pittsburgh: Lightning, Blue Jackets (Craig Patrick, senior advisor to GM), Senators

The following scouts @ Nationwide: Vancouver, Ottawa, Pittsburgh (2), NY Rangers, Montreal, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Detroit
Good. I hope we make a deal for something smaller with TBL instead. Please, hockey Gods!

Old
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Pat Leonard @NYDNRangers

pitt sending two scouts??! what a budget. figured they'd be on skype.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
What games do you watch?

The Rangers desperately need CREATIVITY. and that is one thing that MSL brings a ton of. He would be the perfect addition.
Richards, Stepan, Gaborik, Del Zotto are creative players.

On our roster, we have only one guy who has scored 30 or more goals in a season in his career, and that is Gaborik. The only other guy who is close is Callahan.

Our finishing has been so poor that Richards has been asked to score more goals for us then he is ever used to, and his assist rate is down. This is not a coincidence.

Rangers need a goal scorer.

02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Zil

Quote:

It's not just one unproven prospect. You'd seriously deal our best two prospects in Kreider and Erixon, plus Dubinsky and 1st for a guy with a contract that guarantees at the very least that we're losing Gaborik in a few years if it doesn't wreak total havoc on our chances of keeping our young guys? You can't give up that much. It's absurd. What happens if Nash doesn't perform here or doesn't put us over the top? We'd both be completely unable to add anymore to our club and not have any first-line ceiling forward prospects coming through the pipeline to make up for it. We will have more and better options in the offseason AND we might just win the cup anyway.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Crease

No matter what happens, this is my favorite time of the year. Sports is entertainment, and the deadline has me on the edge of my seat.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Totally disagree. Dubinsky, Kreider, Erixon and a first is serious overpayment for a 65-70 point player.

Pass on that deal as quickly as possible.

Old
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
So you won't trade Kreider for a perennial 30+ goal scorer? Why? When you have a chance to acquire a talent like Rick Nash, you do it. You don't let Kreider be the breaking point. I would try every which way not to trade him but if the difference was Kreider or not, sorry but I would help pack the kids bags.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Bit of a newsflash: Chris Kreider is not going to hold up any potential deal. Nash's cap hit will, Columbus' insistence on MDZ or McDonagh will - Chris Kreider will not. If the Blue Jackets cave and demand Dubinsky, Kreider, and a 1st, I'd wager the deal would go down.

Keep in mind that Kreider is still unsigned. Makes him even less of a chip on top of him not having played 1 NHL minute.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It's not just one unproven prospect. You'd seriously deal our best two prospects in Kreider and Erixon, plus Dubinsky and 1st for a guy with a contract that guarantees at the very least that we're losing Gaborik in a few years if it doesn't wreak total havoc on our chances of keeping our young guys? You can't give up that much. It's absurd. What happens if Nash doesn't perform here or doesn't put us over the top? We'd both be completely unable to add anymore to our club and not have any first-line ceiling forward prospects coming through the pipeline to make up for it. We will have more and better options in the offseason AND we might just win the cup anyway.
This basically sums up how I feel. While Nash is DEFINITELY an upgrade over Dubinsky for the rest of this season, it doesn't guarantee anything but salary cap headaches down the line (unless the new CBA favors big market teams).

Old
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Totally disagree. Dubinsky, Kreider, Erixon and a first is serious overpayment for a 65-70 point player.

Dubinsky has 6 goals this year. Kreider has 0. Yet you wouldn't trade them for Rick Nash?

Old
02-21-2012, 05:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

65-70 points for a player that has to create most of his offense himself is quite impressive. I think Rick Nash could be an 80+ point player on the Rangers playing with the likes of Richards and Stepan (both of which surpass any "playmaker" Nash has ever played with).

Closed Thread