HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Viktor Stalberg + Marcus Kruger = _______ ?

Old
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Why don't we compare Zeterberg and Kruger at age 20? Because it invalidates any comparison?
When Zetterberg was 20, he scored 46 points in 47 games with Timrĺ. A team that missed the playoffs, and were Zetterberg was the lone bright spot.

When Krüger was 20, he scored 31 points in 38 games with Djurgĺrden. A team that made the playoffs. A playoffs were Krüger was one of the better players as the team made it to the finals.

Will Krüger become the "next Zetterberg". No. But why not give the guy a chance to at least establish himself as a NHL'er, before declaring him to be a bust or trade him.

The problem, as I see it, is that Krüger was brought over a bit early. He had a down season in Sweden and was brought into the tail end of the NHL regular season and the playoffs. He would probably have benefited most from playing 1 more season in Sweden.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMV View Post
When Zetterberg was 20, he scored 46 points in 47 games with Timrĺ. A team that missed the playoffs, and were Zetterberg was the lone bright spot.

When Krüger was 20, he scored 31 points in 38 games with Djurgĺrden. A team that made the playoffs. A playoffs were Krüger was one of the better players as the team made it to the finals.

Will Krüger become the "next Zetterberg". No. But why not give the guy a chance to at least establish himself as a NHL'er, before declaring him to be a bust or trade him.

The problem, as I see it, is that Krüger was brought over a bit early. He had a down season in Sweden and was brought into the tail end of the NHL regular season and the playoffs. He would probably have benefited most from playing 1 more season in Sweden.
I agree that he has been mishandled, never said he was a bust and I didn't introduce the Zetterberg talk into the thread.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMV View Post

Kruger was the best player on Djurgarden last year and far and away lead the team in points by a forward. He had 35 points, the next closest forward had 23 points. The next closest player in general had 30 points. The team had a down year, not Kruger.

As far as being mishandled.. he was going to have to come over eventually and as much as people want to talk about him getting "crushed" all the time, he's more than hanging in there and helping the team win hockey games.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:03 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Kruger was the best player on Djurgarden last year and far and away lead the team in points by a forward. He had 35 points, the next closest forward had 23 points. The next closest player in general had 30 points. The team had a down year, not Kruger.

As far as being mishandled.. he was going to have to come over eventually and as much as people want to talk about him getting "crushed" all the time, he's more than hanging in there and helping the team win hockey games.
He's still getting bouldered through every check... You gotta wonder how much he's teeny tiny frame can take.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:06 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Stalberg + Kruger = the Blackhawks probably losing in that trade.... I don't want a 4million rental for guys that have low cap hits and a decent upside.

Together probably worth a #11-#18 overall pick and I wouldn't want a 1st round pick....I like them and value them more than what they are worth.

I think the Hawks packaging Stalberg and a 2nd rounder for a defenseman is a possibility. A top 3-4 defenseman who the BlackHawks could have 3-4 years. Send Kruger to Colombus with a 3rd rounder and get Vinny Prospal to fill Stalberg's position.
I'd trade them both plus two firsts for the 2nd overall and draft Grigorenko in the off season.

#2 center solved. Welcome Malkin 2.0,

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

last year, wasn't the year when he was 19...

but last year, Krüger was not a problem for Djurgarden, it was the loss of Top6 players that they couldn't replace and some injury problems

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote