HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staal is a bad defenceman?!?

Old
02-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
I hear ya...We all got opinions man.Thats the problem around here,ppls lives revolvce around this team and they get offended so easily,its kind of weird man.

anyway.I been a fan for 22 years,so your jab about watch some games or whatever is immature and just ridiculous. i do watch.Check NYR's record without staal this year,enough said!

Every body is so big on him caause he is a STAAL...he is NYRs first real home grown stud in so long....like i said apparently he wasnt missed at all and that says alot.Did I ever say he wasnt good? NO i didnt..Over rated yes..Its my opinion ,thats what it is.
You're reaching a valid conclusion, but you're using the wrong logic to get there. The Rangers had a good record while Staal was absent solely because Girardi, McDonagh and MDZ (along with the rest of the team) stepped up their game. The fact that the team did well without him has nothing to do with how good he is, but it has everything to do with how good the rest of the team is.

Do you want to call him a redundant part on the team with the emergence of the aforementioned guys? Well, you'd still be wrong, IN MY OPINION, but you'd have a leg to stand on.

Your argument as it stands right now? Not so much.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
CM PUNK

staal has been a nightmare since returning...i'm sure its just a matter of time before he refinds his game but he's playing the worst hockey of his career right now. i just hope he finds his game sooner than later

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:55 PM
SAvery16*

The guy is far and away the worst player on the hockey team. He has turned into Marek Malik.

SAvery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Staal has been a bit nervous looking with the puck this year. He seems to not have a handle on the puck at all times. Doesn't get enough on his clearing attemps on occassion.

He's having a tougher time coming back from injury than I thought he would.

His timing seems to be off and he seems to be fighting his confidence.

I'm gonna write this season off for him and hope that he plays better down the stretch and in the PO's but I'm not expect last years Staal tis year.

I expect that he will be back to his all star defence starting next season.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:22 PM
blueshirt4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAvery16 View Post
The guy is far and away the worst player on the hockey team. He has turned into Marek Malik.
you do realize he missed training camp and 3 months right?

this forum sometimes

blueshirt4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:51 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
We have a good record with Woywitka...so we should out him back into the lineup too, right? Let's just swap Staal out for Woywitka. That should work.
good idea..then we can send Staal to Ana for B.Ryan! Now your thinking right. let me know when your going to take Staals............?????????lmao

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
bmw2004

This is the reason why MCD, DZ or Girardi won't be traded.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
good idea..then we can send Staal to Ana for B.Ryan! Now your thinking right. let me know when your going to take Staals............?????????lmao
Let you know when I'm gonna take Staal's what?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
staal has been a nightmare since returning...i'm sure its just a matter of time before he refinds his game but he's playing the worst hockey of his career right now. i just hope he finds his game sooner than later
A nightmare? That's a bit of a hyperbole. He was shaky his first couple games back but he's slowly been finding his way back to lat year's form. Obviously not there yet but he's not a nightmare.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Stop worrying about what other people think and judge with your own eyes.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
you do realize he missed training camp and 3 months right?

this forum sometimes
Absolutely unbelievable.

He's coming off of a concussion, I don't expect him to be back into form into next season, if he ever is. To rip on him like that though is just, I don't even have words.

If this team went 82-0, swept all four rounds of the playoffs, some people would complain because they didn't win game four of the finals by more than three.

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Pizza

I'm beginning to wonder what it is.

The energy drinks mixing adversely with the mentos combined with not enough sleep? The crappy state of music these days? Hell, if I'd grown up having to listen to some of this crap, I might've been bat $#!* by the time I was 10. Too many hot dogs eaten with ketchup?

What ever the cause, there is a logic fail on an epic scale occurring in our fan base.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:58 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
So just because MDZ, McD and Girardi have been great this season we should ship Staal (who was like a Norris candidate on this boards a year ago) out of town when he struggles after a concussion?

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Staal could play blindfolded and strung on heroin with no stick and still be better than Marek Malik.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
....dude....what the **** are you even talking about? Do you even think about some of the things you're typing? I mean really. You sound drunk, high, and concussed. Like the strange lovechild of Carter and Crosby.

Just, stop.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:25 AM
mullichicken25

Players are eternally as good or bad as they have been for the last 2 games

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Not sure where this post came from, but I don't recall anyone saying Staal was "BAD". I am in the group that thinks our fanbase "Over rates" him as should be expected I guess, but he's still a solid top line stay at home defensemen..I think he has slipped on the depth chart, regardless of post injury status. Which speaks volumes to my opinion..

Last edited by Jackpot: 02-22-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:26 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Let you know when I'm gonna take Staal's what?
Take it out,enoughs enough!!! This boards to sensitive..so i have to restrain,but think about it?!?!? Hope my spelling is proper enough for you,lol....

Old
02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Not sure where this post came from, but I don't recall anyone saying Staal was "BAD". I am in the group that thinks our fanbase "Over rates" him as should be expected I guess, but he's still a solid top line stay at home defensemen..I think he has slipped on the depth chart, regardless of post injury status. Which speake volumes to my opinion..
well said man,i couldnt agree more..he has slipped in the depth chart...things need stay as they are..Staals 3rd pairing,too bad,he got the concussion no one else.things shouldnt change for him now..if its not broke dont fix it.Leta go Rangers!!!!

Old
02-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Staal the Stooge

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:40 AM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Rough comeback so far. I'd even say there was a game or two where he was a liability. I have no doubt in my mind that come playoff time he will be in mid season form playing big minutes against other team's top lines, while this is only McDonagh's second season out of college. McDonagh is a fitness freak so I also doubt he tires too much. Good to know Staal will be somewhat fresh.
Agreed, I think the comeback has been rougher than anybody is willing to admit. I have a feeling he is still not 100% and he has been a liability at times. Last night is a perfect example. None of the Rangers played great except maybe Henke (who wasn't that stellar either), but Staal did not look comfortable out there and was often chasing the play. I believe we will see the physical, dominating defenseman we know and love next year, but this year has not been pretty. He is still better than the next option, but not by far in my opinion.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Dorado*

I rather trade Staal + Dubi and a 1st or lesser prospect if the team does go ahead and do the Rick Nash debacle .
Not because Staal is a bad defensemen but for Cap relief and keeping Tim Erixon and hoping he gets stronger and brings more offense than MS .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:27 AM
blue425

Quote:
I found your credibility.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Take it out,enoughs enough!!! This boards to sensitive..so i have to restrain,but think about it?!?!? Hope my spelling is proper enough for you,lol....
You and SAvery16 would make good friends. And that's sad.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:01 AM
blue425

Quote:
You and SAvery16 would make good friends. And that's sad.
You're becoming one of my favorite posters here.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote