HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#59|Feb. 21, 2012|Flyers at Jets|7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
beautiful game. one of the best, most dominating third periods I've ever seen anybody play. bryzgalov sucked. for a guy who's 6'3, he looks like he's 3'6. he needs to start playing bigger in the net. he ducked on that freakin shot. either reese sucks or bryzgalov completely ignores him cause there's some definite adjusts that need to be made just with his stance alone. anyway, thank god for that win. f the jets!

Old
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
The way I see it bryz has the chance to get better whereas michael leighton... Well he's michael leighton
That's what I'm hoping happens.

Old
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
This, I seriously can't stand them, they act like 5 years old kids. They boo Giroux, they boo Jagr, they booed Pronger at the beginning of the year, more "Ilya" chants and "Flyers suck" than simply "Go Jets Go", they are classless.
With the exception of the Flyers suck chant, I love the Winnipeg crowd. So much energy and passion for the game.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Yep beauty of an effort all around tonight. I'm not going to throw Bryz under the bus, when Jagr scored the game winner he talked to him for like 20 seconds (most likely thanking him) and also said something to Simmonds for some time. We just need him to get his confidence back. Maybe this game will help with the team winning from a great all around effort.
that at least shows he cares. This and his new pads in flyer colors. Now we need work on PK too, its bad real baaaad

Old
02-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Prongo
Beer

I don't mind Winnipeg crowd booing all our star players or even saying we suck. That's there job, to become the 6th player. If they get into one players head or take a player off his game because of their chants, they had a successful night.

And holy hell is classless the most over used term in this forum board. That crowd is the best in the league right now, not the most classless!

Old
02-21-2012, 10:16 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, cuz Flyers fans are known for NOT booing every opposing player in sight.

I love it, it's supposed to be like that. Boo everyone not wearing your team's jersey.
Yeah, but I'm biaised towards the Flyers. On the other hand, how can you love it? It's an other team. Screw them, hate them for having "energy".

Old
02-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm biaised towards the Flyers. On the other hand, how can you love it? It's an other team. Screw them, hate them for having "energy".
Bias doesn't equal complete ignorance, does it?

Old
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
mirimon

Well, that was a great game we played. It's too bad we couldn't get some more pucks by Pavelec, or if Bryzgalov could have stopped some more would have been nice as well. We were buzzing tonight, winning every board battle the last 10+4 minutes. The Jets were just exhausted by the end of it after having been chasing us for most of the game.

Great to see the old JvR is back again. Hope he can find consistency now, then hopefully all those trade rumours can die away. If only Carle had stayed in front of the net the game had been over sooner. Hartnell had another strong game as well.

Nice to see us going with three forwards in the OT. Even if we're doing it because we suck in the shoot out, I'm a little surprised that not more teams do so more regularly. Five minutes of 4 on 4 hockey might not sound that much, but after a full game it can be quite tireing for your defense if they are out every third shift. Meanwhile the forwards are barely used at all.

We need to fix our PK though. We're allowing way too many goals, and they are not all on Bryzgalov. Hopefully some of it tonight can be chalked up to Grossman and Kubina being new to each other (2nd goal) and the rest of the team (3rd goal). It must be quite a change in approach for Kubina though, going from the Tampa Bay style of play to the fire wagon hockey we saw tonight. Full speed ahead! It's fun to watch at least, no matter what the result turns out to be Flyers hockey are almost never boring.

Old
Xegiie

Quote:
This, I seriously can't stand them, they act like 5 years old kids. They boo Giroux, they boo Jagr, they booed Pronger at the beginning of the year, more "Ilya" chants and "Flyers suck" than simply "Go Jets Go", they are classless.
i asked on their boards whats the meaning ob booing Jags, since he didn't play for them or anything.

They said they are doing this to get into players heads, which makes sense.
Their crowd is awesome i always hated how NHL fans are quite, its nearly like watching tennis, except when goal is scored.

In czech league you can hear chants and songs, drums and everything all the time especially in play off its insane.

But winnipeg is very good at cheering their team, they love it you can see it so i m not mad about them booing enemy players, i understand that

Old
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, cuz Flyers fans are known for NOT booing every opposing player in sight.

I love it, it's supposed to be like that. Boo everyone not wearing your team's jersey.
I find it a bit disrespectful though that all-time legend like Jagr gets booed in almost every arena. I guess it's the popular thing to do?

Some people just believe the myths and misconceptions of Jagr. He was a great leader and player for the Rangers and even they boo him.

I think it makes Jagr play harder.

All the Flyers need now is a great backup (possibly even filling in for that # 1 role if Bryz continues to crap the bed). With our defense now and our offense being fully healthy and Jagr and Briere getting some chemistry, I like the Flyers chances.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
I don't mind Winnipeg crowd booing all our star players or even saying we suck. That's there job, to become the 6th player. If they get into one players head or take a player off his game because of their chants, they had a successful night.

And holy hell is classless the most over used term in this forum board. That crowd is the best in the league right now, not the most classless!
i agree.. you can go and boo their players when we play at home

Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

1. That's the ****ing JvR we all love to watch. He was awesome tonight. So much jump in his step.

2. Jagr...awesome.

3. Simmonds was awesome again. What a stud.

4. Giroux was great again...very active and noticeable like usual.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAbout813 View Post
Bolts fan here wondering what you guys the of Kubina? How did he do his first Flyer night?
Very noticeable in a good way!

Old
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
I find it a bit disrespectful though that all-time legend like Jagr gets booed in almost every arena. I guess it's the popular thing to do?

Some people just believe the myths and misconceptions of Jagr. He was a great leader and player for the Rangers and even they boo him.

I think it makes Jagr play harder.

All the Flyers need now is a great backup (possibly even filling in for that # 1 role if Bryz continues to crap the bed). With our defense now and our offense being fully healthy and Jagr and Briere getting some chemistry, I like the Flyers chances.
It's only apparently the idiots in NY

Like that is saying much

Old
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
PJStock*

I think Homer has one more deal to make before the deadline. To acquire a veteran goalie like Giguere (preferably) or Nabakov for Bobrovsky and a pick, or Bobrovsky and a prospect and make a run in the playoffs. Seriously, if this team puts up an effort like this in the playoffs, with solid goaltending, there is no reason that they can't win it all. Maybe a minor deal to get a 3-4th defensively responsible fourth liner that can help on the PK as well. Bob is as good as gone in 2 years anyway, and Hovinen should be ready to backup next season. If not, sign a free-agent backup.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
StandingCow

Yea, really liking Kubina.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It's only apparently the idiots in NY

Like that is saying much
and pens, but he actually score on them so keep the boos dear penguinsP

Old
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
i agree.. you can go and boo their players when we play at home
Exactly I wish the Wells Fargo was like that every night we played.

On a totally different note, Wayne Simmonds is just becoming a great great hockey player. He has won me over big time this year and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. He just exemplifies everything a fan wants a player to do, works his ass off, never takes a shift off, scrapes it up with the other team, I could type for hours here. Wow is he having one hell of a 2012 so far!

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Just saw the ending. Holy CRAP, JVR must have healed, or something. He woke up and looked like he was playing NHL12. Briere went into playoff mode, too.

Bryz....ugh. Shoddy. Never should have come down to the wire like that. Another game where the opposing goalie outperforms him. Skaters bailed him out.

Simmonds is a beast. Hartnell is good. I like Read. Time to shotgun a cheap crappy beer to celebrate in my own Beefy way.

02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Kaktus*

Kubina's speed will be tested against Edmonton.
Edmonton is super fast team. Young kids on that team have some nice wheels.

I like both Grossman and Kubina. I would probably sign Grossman now.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Exactly I wish the Wells Fargo was like that every night we played.

On a totally different note, Wayne Simmonds is just becoming a great great hockey player. He has won me over big time this year and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. He just exemplifies everything a fan wants a player to do, works his ass off, never takes a shift off, scrapes it up with the other team, I could type for hours here. Wow is he having one hell of a 2012 so far!
haha ye, i have to agree with you on this as well, Simmonds just can do everything!, i didn't like him at start, but he is such hard worker, great player, and he is not scared to fight, thats my boy right there!

Old
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1040
This thread is now closed. Move it over to the new thread.

Reasons to be cheerful, part 2:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1113941

Closed Thread