HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evgeny Kuznetsov

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Sounds like he'll captain Team Russia at the WJC and could find himself on a line with a couple of draft eligible forwards in LW Gusev (re-draft) & C Grigorenko.
Not sure, Gusev and Grigorenko play with Kucherov, I doubt they will break that line.

Guzentsov could play with Tarasenko though right?

Old
12-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Tarasenko is too old. This is what Bragin said recently but it's not set in stone. I figured the same about Kucherov being on that line. Maybe Yakupov and either Namestnikov or Telegin is a better fit, depending on whether Kuznetsov is at C or RW.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Lixxiq
@Lixxiq

Quote:
dmitry chesnokov @dchesnokov

#caps prospect kuznetsov openly said he'd stay in russia if offered a...10 year deal there (prosport).
Quote:

kuznetsov wants "to be sure you'd stay in one place, develop in the same city, plan ahead." #caps (prosport)
Quote:

#caps prospect kuznetsov: "there were talks with #caps this season, and now there's a pause. Traktor made an offer, i'm waiting." (via pros)
fyi...

Old
02-21-2012, 01:10 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

It's not the first time he talks about a deal he'd like to get in Russia. I think he talks about it more because he knows he's not gonna get it.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Devil Dancer

Why would anyone want a 10 year deal with a KHL team? That's just asking for trouble.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Uh, there's certainly a chance he gets it. I think it's more marketing than anything else.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Still think he's coming over the to the best league in the world. Like any russian player he can always go back to the KHL at some point.

02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Fitlanbox

From what I've gathered, it seems that Kuz truly loves Traktor and his hometown and would be happy to play his career there. I think if he knew he was going to play in the NHL right away on a dominant Caps team(and I dont see why he wouldn't), he would come, but I think if there was any chance of spending time in Hershey he would rather just be in Russia. Having a chance to play with Ovechkin/Semin and to a lesser extent maybe Orlov is probably a huge plus too, but the Caps recent performance probably isn't helping that at all, especially considering how good Traktor has become.

I won't pretend to know a ton about Kuznetsov or Traktor, but thats kind of how I see the situation.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Millhaus

No chance he sees a day in Hershey.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

There's plenty of media attention because the reading public has a voracious appetite for Kuznetsov-related stories, but there is no actual news. The only takeaway from all of these articles about his future that have come out this season is that Kuznetsov has developed a knack for saying nothing using many words. Wait until the offseason, and then he'll announce what he's decided to do. Could he stay? Certainly. Could he come over for the NHL? Sure. Has he tipped his hand? No.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
There's plenty of media attention because the reading public has a voracious appetite for Kuznetsov-related stories, but there is no actual news. The only takeaway from all of these articles about his future that have come out this season is that Kuznetsov has developed a knack for saying nothing using many words. Wait until the offseason, and then he'll announce what he's decided to do. Could he stay? Certainly. Could he come over for the NHL? Sure. Has he tipped his hand? No.
Interesting.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:28 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Hopefully there is no lockout and the CBA is favorable to getting players away from the KHL.

This its why a can't miss the playoffs, cannot guarantee that we can get a player of Kuznetsov's caliber so they aren't meaningless wins.

Old
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Bure

My guy feeling is he comes over and tests it out. If he isn't handed a good oppourtunity (which he likely will) he will bolt.

I wonder what his wife is telling him to do and if her say has any meaning.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Devil Dancer

I wonder what Kuz told GMGM in the pre-draft interview about his willingness to come over...

Old
02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
txpd

last i heard a khl team can wake up in the morning and decide your salary is cut in half or you are cut and the player has to live with it. its not like the nhl. hell its not like the nfl.

a 10 year contract there is worth what you got in your last paycheck

Old
02-21-2012, 06:24 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

If this kid signs with the KHL...McPhee's ***t better be out on the curb of Kettler the day of.

It's all negotiating ploys IMO. He's coming.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:31 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Well... Hopefully next year we can be talking about the resurgence of Ovi and Kuznetsov running away with the Calder...

Old
02-21-2012, 06:33 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
last i heard a khl team can wake up in the morning and decide your salary is cut in half or you are cut and the player has to live with it. its not like the nhl. hell its not like the nfl.

That's not completely true. Contracts have to be bought out just like in NHL, but that said, there are a few teams that can't pay on time every year. Chelyabinsk isn't one of them.

As a NHL fan, it looks scary to me, Kuznetsov's unclear comments, Caps struggles, seemingly bad attitude towards skilled Russian players like Semin, possible lock-out, chance of making serious money instantly at a home town club. Hope for the best, prepare for worst, Caps shouldn't make their next season plans with Kuznetsov in them, you should probably view him as a bonus that could fall into your laps like Vakoun this season.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
That's not completely true. Contracts have to be bought out just like in NHL, but that said, there are a few teams that can't pay on time every year. Chelyabinsk isn't one of them.

As a NHL fan, it looks scary to me, Kuznetsov's unclear comments, Caps struggles, seemingly bad attitude towards skilled Russian players like Semin, possible lock-out, chance of making serious money instantly at a home town club. Hope for the best, prepare for worst, Caps shouldn't make their next season plans with Kuznetsov in them, you should probably view him as a bonus that could fall into your laps like Vakoun this season.
Let's hope is a crapton better than that "bonus".

Old
02-21-2012, 07:02 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post

I already had wrote him off playing for the Caps.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:04 PM
SameOld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Well... Hopefully next year we can be talking about the resurgence of Ovi and Kuznetsov running away with the Calder...
Oh god, I hope so. I have a hard time reading anything on the main boards because it seems like its just constant Ovi slamming.

Old
02-21-2012, 07:15 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOld View Post
Oh god, I hope so. I have a hard time reading anything on the main boards because it seems like its just constant Ovi slamming.
It still will be because remember Crosby and Malkin are one man shows, no help from teammates. Ovechkin has Semin, Backstrom, Green, Carlson, and soon Kuznetsov...

Old
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

As a CBJ fan I really hope he comes over. He could be an elite talent.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

Where do you get this ****? Can I ask some silly questions too?

What makes you think there will be dollar at all in 10 years?

Do you think USA can still live with huge debts and do nothing about it?

Don't you predict %some% inflation which will eat current contracts' value?

I'm 100% sure nobody of the star caliber was cut in the NHL. Ask Jagr or any other good player. Russian businessmen are capable of using cheats (in a form of sudden paycuts) if they need to but they do it against ppl who can't defend themselves.

Kuznetsov is on another level, you can't do it with him practically. He's already national hockey hero, big star.

I believe there could be conditions when Kuznetsov will stay and make a lot of money.

But I hope it's not about money for him yet.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:23 PM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Where do you get this ****? Can I ask some silly questions too?

What makes you think there will be dollar at all in 10 years?

Do you think USA can still live with huge debts and do nothing about it?

Don't you predict %some% inflation which will eat current contracts' value?

I'm 100% sure nobody of the star caliber was cut in the NHL. Ask Jagr or any other good player. Russian businessmen are capable of using cheats (in a form of sudden paycuts) if they need to but they do it against ppl who can't defend themselves.

Kuznetsov is on another level, you can't do it with him practically. He's already national hockey hero, big star.

I believe there could be conditions when Kuznetsov will stay and make a lot of money.

But I hope it's not about money for him yet.
Nothing personal bro but the KHL doesn't exactly have a whole lot of credibility yet. Take a look at the HBO piece from Real Sports tonight.

Closed Thread