HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Hockey News : Best Goalie Poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2006, 03:14 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Hockey News : Best Goalie Poll

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/s...ayerpoll060117

This is really interesting.

Manny says Hasek, despite his somewhat messy stay in Detroit.

Ozzie says Turco, despite (because of, left handed?) the fact that Turco is oh-fer against the Wings.

Both Colorado goalies said Hasek, but both chose to remain anonymous. Yet only goalies were polled and the results were done team-by-team. Hmm. Wonder who those two are.

This is pretty funny - there were 7 Finnish goalies polled, and guys couldn't vote for themselves or their teammates. All 6 Finns not named Miikka voted for the Kipper. Hmm........

Old
01-19-2006, 03:23 PM
doublejack

vCash: 500
Not one vote for Brodeur?

Hasek is, imo, possibly the greatest goalie ever. Certainly he's in the top 5 all time, and among the top 3 in the league right now even as old as he is. I'd also put Kipper in the top 3 and finish it with Marty.

Old
01-20-2006, 03:35 AM
PigPen

Declined to answer -- Ed Belfour

He was probably pissed that he couldn't pick himself.

Old
01-20-2006, 06:16 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Not one vote for Brodeur?

Hasek is, imo, possibly the greatest goalie ever. Certainly he's in the top 5 all time, and among the top 3 in the league right now even as old as he is. I'd also put Kipper in the top 3 and finish it with Marty.
The question was "Who is the best goalie in the league THIS year". I think that's what has disqualified Brodeur. He's been average at best this year. Then again, Luongo got some votes and he's had an off year too. But then, I think most of his votes were from Quebecois goalies.

Old
01-20-2006, 10:59 AM
doublejack

I see. Yeah, Brodeur has been off this year. But he's come on lately and the Devils have won 8 in a row.

BTW, the Ozzy vote for Turco (because he's left handed) makes sense to me. That throws shooters off when the stick & glove hand are reversed from what they regularly face. And if Marty shoots right handed then he doesn't have to flip his stick to play the puck, which is something that a lot of goalies have to do.

Old
01-23-2006, 07:51 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
BTW, the Ozzy vote for Turco (because he's left handed) makes sense to me. That throws shooters off when the stick & glove hand are reversed from what they regularly face. And if Marty shoots right handed then he doesn't have to flip his stick to play the puck, which is something that a lot of goalies have to do.
Vokoun's a lefty, too.

Closed Thread