HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Three

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
You're right, letting in 4 on 22 is not a good game, but it's better than a lot of the pig **** we saw earlier in the season. Small steps, I suppose.
4 goals on 22 shots is probably the lowest amount of shots he faced (per goals he let in) and not get pulled. Dont see this as a small step in the right direction...

Old
02-21-2012, 10:19 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
I get it, but we shouldn't be looking for excuses for the goals he gives up. This has gone too far. He needs to step up, this is pretty redundant. I'm surprised nobody thinks it has anything to do with his weak confidence and his russian nationality. Russian factor anyone ??
dude, what about the other 5 guys around him, you are not holding them accountable, pucks go in, some goalies have good nights and bad nights, talking about someone's nationality is wrong and hatred. maybe he has wreak confidence because of hatred of fans and dont give him a break. race has nothing to do with it, it's people are not supporting him and wanting everything on a silver plater.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
4 goals on 22 shots is probably the lowest amount of shots he faced (per goals he let in) and not get pulled. Dont see this as a small step in the right direction...
I meant the win. He hasn't been winning a lot of games very recently. I don't know, I guess I'm grasping at straws because I hope he can turn it around? I'm a fan of the team and want him to succeed.

BringBackStevens

Quote:
You're right, letting in 4 on 22 is not a good game, but it's better than a lot of the pig **** we saw earlier in the season. Small steps, I suppose.
I hope he turns it around just as much as anyone. Just very frustrated with this crap

Old
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
It's pathetic and sad that this is what is considered a good bryz game.
Nobody has said (except maybe Bernie) that this was a good game for him. We said it needs to be a building block. All of you *******s expect ****ing shutouts every game, which...I'm pretty sure the last time he had one of those, he got absolutely shredded anyway for losing a skills competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
You have got to be kidding.

Earth to sobrien, come in sobrien.

He let 4 in, in 22 shots.
The other guy let 5 in, in 55 shots.

The bold portion of your post is an utter disgrace.

It makes all the fricken difference if we win or not.

But only in very rare occasions, can a goaltender let 3 or more goals in and NOT be partially blamed for the loss.

Nobody in their right mind would blame Pavelec for their loss tonight. The guy played amazing. He stood on his head and turned away FIFTY fookin shots.

Bryz turned away EIGHTEEN. EIGHTEEN. Really?
I never said anything about this game. You're daily flogging of our goalie isn't making things any better. We know he's sucked, we don't need it advertised anymore. And despite what you post, Bob hasn't been ANY better.

I'm not stupid enough to compare the games Bryz and Pavlec just had, nor am I stupid enough to repeatedly use the word "fookin" in posts.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Icedog2735

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
He let 4 in, in 22 shots.
The other guy let 5 in, in 55 shots.
Not that it takes away from your point but let's at least get the stats right. 22 saves on 26 shots.

If Bryz needs to 'work' on anything, it's getting back to using his side to his advantage. Get square to the shot, close up any holes, and get OUT of the blue paint for God's sakes!

Old
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
ok, can anyone give brz a break? or does the flyers have to win cup to satisfy them and forget about it? it's ridiculous as much the fans want a cup that's the only reason fans going after bryz, that's not being a fan and supporting the team, it's just hatred.

it takes a team to win a cup, im not faulting bryz on the three goals, the fourth one people are complaining about he was screened by matt read and went over his head, the media wasnt really complaining about that one, it's his first year, why doesnt anyone give him a chance? he's struggling right now, tim thomas struggled his first year with bruins, give him a chance.

he's here for 9 years deal with it because they are not getting more goalies.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I meant the win. He hasn't been winning a lot of games very recently. I don't know, I guess I'm grasping at straws because I hope he can turn it around? I'm a fan of the team and want him to succeed.
Well, its better than the moral wins his fanboys have been giving him a month or so back, I'll give you that. It's a shame that its come down to this. If you told me back in September that Breezy would have been doing this bad at this, I would have thought you were just trolling. I want him to do better for the team. I think I would have been really pissed if we lost this game. Just think, we had 55 shots, they had 26. Could you of imagined if they would have won? Obviously the 2 people in this thread would have spun it that it was the teams fault, but us realistic people would have been freaking.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Nobody has said (except maybe Bernie) that this was a good game for him. We said it needs to be a building block. All of you *******s expect ****ing shutouts every game, which...I'm pretty sure the last time he had one of those, he got absolutely shredded anyway for losing a skills competition.

I never said anything about this game. You're daily flogging of our goalie isn't making things any better. We know he's sucked, we don't need it advertised anymore. And despite what you post, Bob hasn't been ANY better.

I'm not stupid enough to compare the games Bryz and Pavlec just had, nor am I stupid enough to repeatedly use the word "fookin" in posts.
When did anyone say anything about shutouts? I'd like him to win the goaltending matchup for once.

Actually, 2 goals would have been fine tonight. Would have been a regulation win. But instead the flyers needed a miracle last second goal to even get a point.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Well... atleast LESS than 4 goals... like normal goalies usually give up. Like not even the better goalies in the league saves, just normal goalie saves. Is it really that hard to ask?

Old
02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
When did anyone say anything about shutouts? I'd like him to win the goaltending matchup for once.

Actually, 2 goals would have been fine tonight. Would have been a regulation win. But instead the flyers needed a miracle last second goal to even get a point.
I'm not disagreeing. I blew up after the soft goals against PIT (check the thread if you see me as a Bryz fanboy). He should have stopped that Kane goal tonight, probably COULD HAVE stopped the other three. But these nightly torch and pitchfork fests by certain posters aren't constructive, and they've gotten pretty old

Old
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
A small step into some poop, perhaps.

02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Well, its better than the moral wins his fanboys have been giving him a month or so back, I'll give you that. It's a shame that its come down to this. If you told me back in September that Breezy would have been doing this bad at this, I would have thought you were just trolling. I want him to do better for the team. I think I would have been really pissed if we lost this game. Just think, we had 55 shots, they had 26. Could you of imagined if they would have won? Obviously the 2 people in this thread would have spun it that it was the teams fault, but us realistic people would have been freaking.
We agree completely. I hated his contract because I thought this would be happening 4-5 years down the road, and hopefully later than that. Never expected him to be bad this season.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Well... atleast LESS than 4 goals... like normal goalies usually give up. Like not even the better goalies in the league saves, just normal goalie saves. Is it really that hard to ask?
Apparently this year, yes. We're certainly not the only team with a top goalie getting embarrassed. Pretty much every goalie has had a down period this season, some longer than others. And guys like Miller, Ward, Anderson, Reimer, and Crawford are all having statistically worse seasons than Bryz. Oh yeah, that Bob guy is too.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Tim Tebow

Ilya is kind of like Manny Ramirez towards the end of his Boston career.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:

first goal was a fast one timer, how can anyone save that or see that, i dont think thomas would have save that.

second goal was fast wrist shot in front, that's a difficult save

third goal was a rebound goal cant fault him for that either, came out too fast, rebound saves are hard, you have to be lucky to save them.

this is never going to go away until the flyers win a cup, it's always the goalies fault, well goalies dont shoot pucks, block shots, check players, clear creases. if i was bryz or bob or any talented goalie, i wouldn't blame them for staying away from philly. it's always the goalie blame in philla and not the players.

fourth goal was a deflection screen by matt read over bryz, i dont think he saw that either and fans are complaining about it.

most of goals were in the middle of the ice and screens, that is what beats great goalies anyway, you cant fault bryz.

Last edited by toughfighter83*: 02-21-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
AaronTrieu

http://illegalcurve.com/2012/02/21/p...-game-audio-2/

listen to his post game audio. he can be as comical as we wants after a win. after a loss he needs to keep his mouth closed. he thought the crowd was cheering for him when they were cheering "Ilya" and thanked them for their hospitality.....obviously he was was being sarcastic. he is more tolerable after a win

Old
02-21-2012, 10:44 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
first goal was a fast one timer, how can anyone save that or see that, i dont think thomas would have save that.

third goal was a rebound goal cant fault him for that either, came out too fast, rebound saves are hard, you have to be lucky to save them.

fourth goal was a deflection screen by matt read over bryz, i dont think he saw that either and fans are complaining about it.

most of goals were in the middle of the ice and screens, that is what beats great goalies anyway, you cant fault bryz.
A+ trolling

Old
02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with stats. The first 3 goals were not on the goalie. Did goal 3 even hit him?, I thought it hit the 2 unchecked Jets in front and Ladd backhanded it in.

I didn't see the deflection on the 4th goal...it looked like a bad goal.

Pavelec was better though...and he needed to be.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Apparently this year, yes. We're certainly not the only team with a top goalie getting embarrassed. Pretty much every goalie has had a down period this season, some longer than others. And guys like Miller, Ward, Anderson, Reimer, and Crawford are all having statistically worse seasons than Bryz. Oh yeah, that Bob guy is too.
Well Cam Ward is playing on one of the worse teams in the league... and has better stats. .911 sv% 2.81 GAA.

Ryan Miller is having a terrible season from last year... but still has better stats 2.80 GAA, .906 sv%., on one of the worse teams in the league.

Anderson is terrible, always has been, and Reimer, Crawford and Bob are sophmores. Crawford has better stats while Reimer are Bob are worse.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

this is never going to go away until the flyers win a cup, it's always the goalies fault, well goalies dont shoot pucks, block shots, check players, clear creases. if i was bryz or bob or any talented goalie, i wouldn't blame them for staying away from philly. it's always the goalie blame in philla and not the players.

Yea yea yea, like every single goal he lets in. Like I said man, no worries, all these goals are covered in the Bryzgalov Excuses Handbook. I think I might just take everything out and put "anything fast" as the sole rule as to why he is excused from making the save.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:48 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Since I know this is going to happen eventually:

Goal 1: Not a good goal to give up, but not terrible. Most likely should have had it, but not going to kill him over it.

Goal 2: Not much Bryz could have done. Not his fault.

Goal 3: Again, not much Bryz could do. Not his fault.

Goal 4: An albatross of a goal. Terrible.
He never even saw goal 1. Three people screening, 2 of them were Flyers...
Goal 4 was terrible.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
A+ trolling

how is that trolling? im just giving out what i saw, you just want blame goalies no matter if struggle or play great.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Well Cam Ward is playing on one of the worse teams in the league... and has better stats. .911 sv% 2.81 GAA.

Ryan Miller is having a terrible season from last year... but still has better stats 2.80 GAA, .906 sv%., on one of the worse teams in the league.

Anderson is terrible, always has been, and Reimer, Crawford and Bob are sophmores. Crawford has better stats while Reimer are Bob are worse.
Before tonight, he had better stats than all of those I listed. I'm not sure what the updated GAAs are after tonight. But my point is, it's been a bad year for goalies. IDK why, and its not an excuse for our guy, but to answer you question, "normal" goalies as well as other star goalies are struggling too.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Which is a bigger disaster? Bryzgalov himself, or the decision to give him the contract? One is rightfully rehashed over and over again. The other being being talked about by nobody (media or like) , and it's as bad if not worse.
The contract is absolutely the bigger disaster.

1) There was no reason to hand out such a large deal when there was no market for him. They bid against themselves because they panicked.

2) Vokoun is better, more consistent, and better suited our needs since we have Bob developing.

3) If they did their homework they would have known he was a headcase in Phoenix.

Closed Thread