HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Dantes19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
The "disruption" of chemistry is ridiculously overblown.

And that conclusion is based on what kind of empirical evidence?

Old
02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
You misunderstand what I'm saying--- "chemistry" is important...but I don't think a team with as strong a locker room as this is as fickle as a lot are saying. The "disruption" of chemistry is ridiculously overblown.
I thought that's what you might have meant. Fair enough.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Except that the Wings don't care who their goaltender is. The best goalie in the world is in his prime and wants to win NOW. He has been saying this all season long.
We're the best team in the east right now...

And of course he wants to win right now. What player doesn't want to win right now? My point is we can win right now, and for years to come. If we bring in Nash we can win right now, but the window closes pretty much right after that with that terrible cap hit and having to re up some of our rfas

Old
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
That can't be because we need more grinders like Dubinsky.

The writing is, and has been, clearly on the wall that we need another scorer, some people just refuse to believe it unfortunately.
MOAR GRINDARS.

As someone who was vehemently against getting Nash before, I am coming around to it. If we can keep McD/MDZ and Kreider, I won't cry. If we have to lose Kreider, I won't be pleased but I won't riot.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
I litterally adjusted his quote for nash instead of dubi. any problems with what I said, are problems you should have with what he originally said. I thought what he said was ******** too.
You sound ridiculous because you're comparing Dubinsky to Nash and saying Dubinsky is better. When every hockey fan knew what Zenith was saying: Dubinsky, the "offensive leader" led the Rangers with the best goalie in the world to an eighth place finish. He's basically saying we need more scoring. Which I think everyone can agree with.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
And that conclusion is based on what kind of empirical evidence?
There is no evidence of any kind to support who or what would hurt the locker room and/or "chemistry" of the team. It's speculation. And my opinion.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
How so? When our RFA's are set to be resigned, we move Gaborik and Nash's salary replaces that of Gaborik. It would leave us plenty of room to keep our core.

Are you moving Gaborik through trade?

Old
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
How about we stop acting like one forward can carry an offense in the NHL, regarding both Dubi and Nash.

This isn't the NBA.
Jaromir Jagr

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Agreed completely.

Although I don't think they'd touch Sauer because he is deemed damaged goods right now.

My offer wouldn't include any of our top four defensemen, Stepan, Kreider.

My ideal scenario would be Dubinsky, Erixon/McIlrath (more preferrably Dylan), Thomas, 1st. That is a "impact" roster player, two top prospects, and a 1st.
if i had to make a drop dead, take it or leave it offer...this is what i would do.

Dubi OR AA, 2 of Mcilrath, Erixon, and Sauer, #1.

3 pretty important players for us, but getting Nash in here, imho, is just that damn important...and id be willing to give a little more from players we have this year to keep Kreider.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Are you moving Gaborik through trade?
Who gives a ****? We signed him for nothing and lost no assets for him.

Old
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
You sound ridiculous because you're comparing Dubinsky to Nash and saying Dubinsky is better. When every hockey fan knew what Zenith was saying: Dubinsky, the "offensive leader" led the Rangers with the best goalie in the world to an eighth place finish. He's basically saying we need more scoring. Which I think everyone can agree with.
No, I'm showing that his argument against dubi actually leads to that conclusion. Again, I think his argument, and it's conclusions were garbage. But that was his argument, I took it word for word.

Old
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Personally I'm not too worried, either we get him, and i trust Sather to make a smart deal, which will blow everyone out of the water, not mortgaging our future, or, we don't get him, and Sather makes a smart move not to **** up our future. Sather is a trade magician

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
im just wondering why would you rather deal mci? im not looking to argue, im just curious of your opinion on erixson or mcilrath
Because as currently constituted, MDZ is really our only offensively gifted defenseman. McD is going to chip in a 5-8 goals, Staal will have a couple, as will Girardi. I think MDZ is our only current defenseman capable of providing 10+ goals. I think Erixon can develop into another offensively gifted defenseman that can potentially chip in 10+ goals but more importantly make that great breakout pass.

While it would be nice to have a mean, tough defenseman like a McIlrath, I think that that is easier to find as a free agent. PMD don't hit free agency too often and when they do they get a Brian Campbell contract. I don't think McIlrath has much offensive upside and like I said I think he can be a good shutdown guy but we have plenty of shutdown guys.

If you look at our current crop of defensemen, I ask myself which of the two would be more likely to break through our top 4? I think Erixon has that skill, while Mac will be more of a 3-4 imo. On top of that, Erixon is much closer to making an NHL impact than Mac is.

Dantes19

Quote:
There is no evidence of any kind to support who or what would hurt the locker room and/or "chemistry" of the team. It's speculation. And my opinion.

Yet you previously stated it as though it were an indisputable fact. You seem resolutely certain of something that's entirely unknowable to us as a fanbase.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
We're the best team in the east right now...

And of course he wants to win right now. What player doesn't want to win right now? My point is we can win right now, and for years to come. If we bring in Nash we can win right now, but the window closes pretty much right after that with that terrible cap hit and having to re up some of our rfas
If you trade Gabby at the 2013 draft, you have all that space to sign your RFA's. Just one solution.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if i had to make a drop dead, take it or leave it offer...this is what i would do.

Dubi OR AA, 2 of Mcilrath, Erixon, and Sauer, #1.

3 pretty important players for us, but getting Nash in here, imho, is just that damn important...and id be willing to give a little more from players we have this year to keep Kreider.
I would prefer to keep Erixon and Kreider.

This is a deal I'd propose:

Dubi/AA, McIlrath/Thomas, Sauer, 1st in 12, 1st in 13. The extra 1st puts them over the top.

Old
Graves94

It's either been a long day or I've been watching this thread for far too long, or both, because I'm starting to think that people are afraid of having some natural talent on this team, and have a greater possibility of winning in the post season and actually making some noise. Let's keep this team together and win one round, so we'll all complain how we suck, but the future is so bright...
If Kyle "freaking" Quincey fetched a first rounder, imagine what a rental like Doan, Whitney, Smyth, Ruutu (assuming they would be available) would cost (either a first or pretty good prospect)? Of course we would all be complaining because we gave up too much for a player that would have played 20-30 games with us...

Old
02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who gives a ****? We signed him for nothing and lost no assets for him.

Right, but that wasn't the point of my question, which you seem to have missed. I'm wondering how, under his hypothetical, he planned to get ride of Gaborik -- as an expiring UFA contract or through a trade.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
If you trade Gabby at the 2013 draft, you have all that space to sign your RFA's. Just one solution.
And we're back to having one legitimate scorer so we drool over the next big trade/UFA signing and so on and so on and so on...

Old
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would prefer to keep Erixon and Kreider.

This is a deal I'd propose:

Dubi/AA, McIlrath/Thomas, Sauer, 1st in 12, 1st in 13. The extra 1st puts them over the top.
2 1sts are hard but a 12 1st and a 13 2nd could be enough

Old
Kel Varnsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
It's either been a long day or I've been watching this thread for far too long, or both, because I'm starting to think that people are afraid of having some natural talent on this team, and have a greater possibility of winning in the post season and actually making some noise. Let's keep this team together and win one round, so we'll all complain how we suck, but the future is so bright...
If Kyle "freaking" Quincey fetched a first rounder, imagine what a rental like Doan, Whitney, Smyth, Ruutu (assuming they would be available) would cost (either a first or pretty good prospect)? Of course we would all be complaining because we gave up too much for a player that would have played 20-30 games with us...
Lets be the new Red Wings

Old
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Because as currently constituted, MDZ is really our only offensively gifted defenseman. McD is going to chip in a 5-8 goals, Staal will have a couple, as will Girardi. I think MDZ is our only current defenseman capable of providing 10+ goals. I think Erixon can develop into another offensively gifted defenseman that can potentially chip in 10+ goals but more importantly make that great breakout pass.

While it would be nice to have a mean, tough defenseman like a McIlrath, I think that that is easier to find as a free agent. PMD don't hit free agency too often and when they do they get a Brian Campbell contract. I don't think McIlrath has much offensive upside and like I said I think he can be a good shutdown guy but we have plenty of shutdown guys.

If you look at our current crop of defensemen, I ask myself which of the two would be more likely to break through our top 4? I think Erixon has that skill, while Mac will be more of a 3-4 imo.
fair enough. i havent seen erixson play at all since he was sent down. i wonder how he is progressing and developing physically.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
And we're back to having one legitimate scorer so we drool over the next big trade/UFA signing and so on and so on and so on...
If getting Nash right now helps us win the Cup right now, I'm OK with having a slight downfall like Chicago in terms of expectations.

Obviously there's no guarantee, but you have to admit it, this team needs more scoring, not MOAR grinders.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Right, but that wasn't the point of my question, which you seem to have missed. I'm wondering how, under his hypothetical, he planned to get ride of Gaborik -- as an expiring UFA contract or through a trade.
Any of the above. Because it doesn't matter.

Old
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Not if you win the Cup. You play to win the Stanley Cup. That's the point of every year. This team isn't too far away from that. They are good, they just need a better powerplay.

Closed Thread