HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #59 vs. PIT

View Poll Results: PoTG
Michael Del Zotto 1 3.85%
Derek Stepan 3 11.54%
Henrik Lundqvist 20 76.92%
Ryan Callahan 2 7.69%
Artem Anisimov 1 3.85%
Brad Richards 2 7.69%
Dan Girardi 2 7.69%
John Mitchell 1 3.85%
Brandon Prust 1 3.85%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 7 26.92%
Other 8 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
The problem with games like this is it forces the hand of those who are ready to push the panic button. IMO, getting Nash will give us a small short-term benefit while hamstringing us for the future.

Rangers seem to be building a dynasty in the style of the Devils that won 3 Cups - great defense (can't go by a game like this, where the Pens had the puck 3/4 of the time), all-time great goalie, 4 solid lines wearing teams down. We're certainly not anywhere near the 4 solid lines yet, but they are developing well from within - young, fast, tough players, excellent farm prospects, etc - let's not throw half of it away because of one bad game.

Yes, they stunk tonight, and it is frustrating to watch the powerless play, they also played Philly, Boston and Washington, two of them on the road, and took 6 points, until tonight they were 8-1-1 in last 10.

Keep the faith a little, you younger guys will see a lot of Cups

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Dubinsky was our leading scorer and a listed "untouchable" last season... need to think about re-considering him as irrelevant I think here.

02-21-2012, 10:48 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Dubinsky was our leading scorer and a listed "untouchable" last season... need to think about re-considering him as irrelevant I think here.
He looks terrible, especially offensively, but trading him when his value is probably very limited due his contract will come back to bite us.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:54 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
How soon people forget Dubi's strong playoff performances.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:55 PM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Pretty lousy effort outside of Hank. Though I thought Staal had a good game for the most part.

John Mitchell being on the ice at the end of the game shows how sorry this team's offensive depth is.
I'd proffer that that may have been sending a message. Torts hates lapses by even star players.

aemoreira1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
what would you do if you did not want to be traded?? if he scored a goal, he would just increase his chance to get traded. hiding in Hartford would be a best option at this time.
Lol I think you've got your logic backwards here.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:02 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Ovechkin says hi, lol. Dubinsky has always been a glorified 3rd line grinder. He overachieved for a short period last year and in other years in fast starts. Then he's disappeared.
Disagree, Dubinsky has turned on the jets a few times this season and he looks like a legitimate first liner. He was way more consistent offensively last season. And normally when he's not scoring he's playing physical and defensively responsible, but tonight he was just awful.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:22 PM
NYRSchrute217

I too didn't understand Mitchell being out at the end of the game. He was in the AHL in October, come on Torts. Dubinsky was awful tonight.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
People need to come off the ledge, please.

the Rangers had a really tough 5-game stretch against Philly, at Boston, Washington, Chicago and at Pittsburgh.

They went 3-2 in those games. Very respectable.

The schedule gets easier for about two weeks.

@ Isles
Buffalo
Devils
@Carolina
@ Tampa

After that it gets slightly tough again:

Boston
@ NJD
@ Ottawa
@ Chicago

If the rangers are going to make a trade, they should do it before the Isles game so the new player(s) will be ready for the tough stretch.
The Rangers are going to have a problem playing the three bold teams in the next little while. The Isles...though getting blown out on Monday are playing some pretty consistent hockey...The Devils, specifically Fatso, are playing extremely well, and I really don't want to hear about the SO wins seeing how he's something like 8-1-1 in his last 10 and the 'Canes seem to be picking and choosing when to play extremely well...they just smashed out Washington 5-0 yesterday...the only regulation loss they have is against the Fishermen last Saturday...(12/16 pts)

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
How soon people forget Dubi's strong playoff performances.
His playoff performances project to the mid-50s in points over an 82 game season. Nothing special.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:54 AM
ObsessedCreative*
I hate the Penguins.

Hey Guys Pens fan coming to just give a little heads up.

Pens beat reporter Josh Yohe tweeted earlier in the night "Talked with some reporters who follow the Rangers closely. Sure sounds like the Rangers want Nash. But the price is steep. Maybe a mistake."

Good game, Hank was a rock like always keeping this one close. I kinda feel bad for the guy he see's THAT much rubber. None-the-less he was stellar.

Really think it would be a mistake to take on that Nash contract / cap hit ( shudders)... well see how it plays out.

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I too didn't understand Mitchell being out at the end of the game. He was in the AHL in October, come on Torts. Dubinsky was awful tonight.
Pens fan coming in peace...Mitchell has, for whatever reason, had our number throughout his career...while it hasn't always been necessarily scoring, I don't think he's had a bad game against us yet.

I'd be pretty annoyed too, but he does have a history of giving the Penguins issues. He played a damn solid game today, too...but I'd be just as infuriated if Arron Asham was out there in the final minute of a game against anyone, regardless of his history against them.

The Rangers have really won my respect this year and, except against the Penguins, I honestly wish you guys the best. I'm sure I'll be changing my tune in a few months, but that's part of the fun of it all...but for now I tip my hat to what you guys have done this year. Lundqvist is just absurd.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 02-22-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:01 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

This was one of Dan Girardi's worst games of the season. An absurd amount of turnovers. In general, the breakout was atrocious. There is no creativity coming into and out of the neutral zone. They don't like to use the middle of the ice, which is counterproductive. The middle of the ice is the best way to advance the puck...if you have the skill, the talent and the freedom from the coach to do it. They keep to the boards. The defensemen take bad angle, low quality shots. The offense does pass too much at times, but other times, they don't pass nearly enough and take predictable shots that get blocked or easily saved.

Still a big heck no on Nash, but sooner or later, Dubinsky needs to go. Target Anaheim this summer, overwhelm them with Dubi and prospects (not Kreider) for Ryan.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
That's a good point, but I still think he's going to pick it up in the playoffs.

If Dubinsky is being traded, they sure arent doing a good job of showcasing him. That's usually a sign.

I was saddened to hear Sam say "Dubinsky comes out of the Box and goes right to the bench....Rangers on a PP"

I mean, the guy has been a fixture on the PP since his rookie season. Now he's relegated to 3rd and 4th line time.

Sad
Horrible game. As for Dubinsky, he has totally lost his touch this season. He wasn't worse than anyone else today though.

I thought Richard was ok in this game, it seems like I'm in minority though.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Vidic15*

The best player in the world scored on us for the first goal (Malkin). The Penguins never looked back. We had our backs against the wall from there. We do need another scoring threat, absolutely. With the year we are having, it doesn't make sense to wait another year. Go balls to the wall for Nash.

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Disagree, Dubinsky has turned on the jets a few times this season and he looks like a legitimate first liner. He was way more consistent offensively last season. And normally when he's not scoring he's playing physical and defensively responsible, but tonight he was just awful.
Really? So why is he on the third line?

Last edited by Sticky Fingers: 02-22-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old
02-22-2012, 04:03 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Brooks wrote the Rangers are sputtering.

Quote:
If the road to the Canyon of Heroes is going to run through this town, as it certainly might, the Rangers had better develop a better GPS to navigate through it.

The Blueshirts have lost two straight in regulation to the talented and feisty Penguins following last night’s 2-0 defeat and have been outplayed fairly decisively in each of their last three match-ups, even with the season-series tied at two apiece.

At the same time, the Rangers have been limited to five goals in going 1-2 over their last three overall, and were beaten badly out of the gate both last night and in Thursday’s 4-2 Garden defeat to the Blackhawks.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1n6TsQniW

All of these Nash rumors aren't helping. Ever since the Rangers have been linked to Nash in the media,the team has looked the same. Its a close knit group. The Nash story was broken by RDS last Monday. The rest of the Canadian media didn't pick up until Tuesday. The Rangers were already in Boston getting ready to play a game. You can't go a day without reading or hearing another Nash rumor. Its getting ridiculous.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:21 AM
Calad
Section 422

It's funny coming here seeing everyone flip out after a loss. You would think some people here didn't realize we have an 8 point lead on the division and conference lead with games in hand.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
It's funny coming here seeing everyone flip out after a loss. You would think some people here didn't realize we have an 8 point lead on the division and conference lead with games in hand.
You'd think some people coming here smiling at the standing don't watch the games and don't taste the bitterness after watching a heartless performance.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Can't win every game...3 pts behind Wings with 3 games in hand, still 7 ahead of Devils with game in hand

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:36 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Can't win every game...3 pts behind Wings with 3 games in hand, still 7 ahead of Devils with game in hand
Devils fans smell 2006 all over again. I would urge a greater amount of desperation from the Rangers to keep that from happening again.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:47 AM
True Blue

Nash would not have helped the Rangers with the lack of "compete" level last night and the inordinate amount of turnovers.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Hate it when we get shut out....

Here's hoping we bounce back HARD next game...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brooks wrote the Rangers are sputtering.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1n6TsQniW

All of these Nash rumors aren't helping. Ever since the Rangers have been linked to Nash in the media,the team has looked the same. Its a close knit group. The Nash story was broken by RDS last Monday. The rest of the Canadian media didn't pick up until Tuesday. The Rangers were already in Boston getting ready to play a game. You can't go a day without reading or hearing another Nash rumor. Its getting ridiculous.
They might be reading their press clippings too.

Since some of the talk shows in NY have been talking Rangers, they haven't look the same either.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Jagr6810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Got to feel bad for the guy. Dubi was starting to play better, and then the trade deadline happened.
I honestly cant wait till its over

Jagr6810 is offline   Reply With Quote