HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Recall Zuccarello/Avery/Etc

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
We need the Avery spark. Torts should be signing that apology card right now.

What do all of these guys have in common? They were the best in the business at pumping up their team and the fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDjfXw-lVE
YES!!! The time has come for Avery's triumphant return. The man has more skill than anyone on the team not named Gaborik.

Torts' influence, a response to the liberal media, has him even being benched in the minors. See what a vendetta from a wicked, evil, stupid man can do to a promising NHL career?

FREE SEAN AVERY!!

Old
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
YES!!! The time has come for Avery's triumphant return. The man has more skill than anyone on the team not named Gaborik.

Torts' influence, a response to the liberal media, has him even being benched in the minors. See what a vendetta from a wicked, evil, stupid man can do to a promising NHL career?

FREE SEAN AVERY!!
Not sure if serious...

If it is how could you blame the liberal media when Sean Avery is incredibly liberal himself? He came out in favor of gay marriage, wanted to go protest the keystone pipeline...

Old
02-21-2012, 11:19 PM
trilobyte

Quote:

FREE SEAN AVERY!!
I think I am being reasonable. I do not look at Avery as a saviour. I am much more level headed than that. Forget all the media hoopla.
I believe that he is a better player and more useful to the team than Mitchell.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Avery? Really? No seriously really? I might just delete my account and never return if we've regressed this much on here
between the Avery and Nash talk these boards have gotten boring and annoying..........its ridiculous talk

Old
02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Aileen C*

Quote:

FREE SEAN AVERY!!
No one mentioned the media. Your caricature is misplaced, and you're not funny.

Shut the hell up.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:33 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
between the Avery and Nash talk these boards have gotten boring and annoying..........its ridiculous talk
What exactly is ridiculous about either?

The fact that you personally might not like it is okay, but it is hardly ridiculous. All of it is valid.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
What exactly is ridiculous about either?

The fact that you personally might not like it is okay, but it is hardly ridiculous. All of it is valid.
Sean Avery is a peronality........as a hockey player he's a 4th liner ......he wont make a freaking difference..........no one in the freaking league wanted him on waivers or re-entry..........he's done here............I dont mind him at all but hes DONE. Let it go.........the team is first overall and people complain saying Sean freaking Avery is the answer?

Nash, fine sure talk about it but its becoming insane. The trade deadline cant get here soon enough

Old
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

I like Avery but you guys need to give it up, he is not coming back. And he doesn't change the outcome of this game tonight, a goal scorer does. As much as I've been opposed to it, Nash would help this team greatly and I wouldn't mind it if the right deal came along.

02-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Aileen C*

Quote:
Sean Avery is a peronality........as a hockey player he's a 4th liner ......he wont make a freaking difference..........no one in the freaking league wanted him on waivers or re-entry..........he's done here............I dont mind him at all but hes DONE. Let it go.........the team is first overall and people complain saying Sean freaking Avery is the answer?

Nash, fine sure talk about it but its becoming insane. The trade deadline cant get here soon enough
He's a 4th liner as a hockey player? I'm sorry, but that's flat-out wrong.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
His whopping 87 career goals and strength in purely agitating might indicate otherwise.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
What is he in your mind then?

Old
02-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Crease

Avery sucks. His impact is WAY overblown. Second line player? He's scored 22 goals in 187 games for the Rangers, a pace of 10 goals a season. Takes dumb penalties, turns games into circuses, and generally pisses of the officials. No thank you.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:59 PM
trilobyte

Quote:

I agree with you about the trade deadline. It's simply an advertising blitz for TSN.

Calm down a bit. No one player is the answer. Avery will not be back, so you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by trilobyte: 02-22-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old
02-22-2012, 12:03 AM
scanzzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Avery? Really? No seriously really? I might just delete my account and never return if we've regressed this much on here

Seriously. Every time we lose, which isn't very often, you have to expect it. Its just sad at this point. Keep clinging to what you saw in 2008

Old
02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Enough with the Avery talks already. Please.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:06 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
His whopping 87 career goals and strength in purely agitating might indicate otherwise.
90 but besides that's not the point. He bring more offensively than Rupp,Bickel,Mitchell.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
90 but besides that's not the point. He bring more offensively than Rupp,Bickel,Mitchell.
Two enforcers and a career AHL'er. I'm not impressed.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:12 AM
mahonistan*

Quote:
he brings more than them and they are all on the roster and he isn't

Old
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Avery isn't on the roster because his effectiveness is marginal at best and it was widely believed that he was disliked in the locker room.

He played well the first few games he returned this year, then went back into his usual no show act.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Crease

Quote:
He brings marginally better offense. He's also worse in his own zone and a huge distraction on and off the ice. But yea, he'll pot you 5 more goals than Rupp, Bickel and or Mitchell so it's completely worth it.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Avery definitely has offensive creativity. He's proven that in the playoffs countless times. He also proved it this year, but as Brooks wisely put it, Avery was anathema to Tortorella.

That's a big part of why Tortorella rushed Hagelin. Tortorella wanted a reason to push Avery back down after his good start. But Mitchell keeps proving that he sent the wrong guy down.
A big reason he rushed Hagelin?

Hagelin is on this team over Avery because he's better, not because Tortorella hates Avery.

Avery was a nice player here for two years, then his act got old and he was never as effective in his role.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Okay but wouldn't you want to improve the team?

And I'm not trying to get into a huge debate over this. I've done my fair share of arguing of Avery having more pro's than con's to a roster. I knew when he was getting sent down but then when you have a guy like Wolski just eating up cap space you can't use Avery's 1.9 mil as an excuse.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM
rangers4ever2007

this team needs bobby ryan and chris kreider

Old
02-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Hey I don't have any qualms with Boyle being on the ice, I think he's a decent player. Maybe he gets a LITTLE too much ice time, but I think he's better than both Mitchell and Stu Pickels. We gotta drop the dead weight that is Mitchell, or severely cut his ice-time.
This is the best part of this thread...and by far the funniest thing i've read in a while.

Enough of this...we need scoring depth...not another reason for the ref's to put on of us in the box...the zebra's hate this guy and have no respect for him IMO...

Old
02-22-2012, 12:36 AM
thewaitingisover

Quote:
Avery definitely has offensive creativity. He's proven that in the playoffs countless times. He also proved it this year, but as Brooks wisely put it, Avery was anathema to Tortorella.

That's a big part of why Tortorella rushed Hagelin. Tortorella wanted a reason to push Avery back down after his good start. But Mitchell keeps proving that he sent the wrong guy down.
Hagelin > Avery. Hagelin's younger, faster, and doesn't reflect badly on the entire organization.

Closed Thread