HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#60: Kings @ Coyotes, 2/21/12 OT-S/O Loss T & T ... back in #8 Playoff spot.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:10 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Brown had a good game and played his heart out. That is all I have to say that was good about this game.
Four Goals ?

That's good.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
nikolai19

There is no team in the NHL I detest more than the Phoenix Coyotes.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Honestly, as big a game as this was, I'm gonna try and take the positives out of this.

We got a point and we're back in playoff position, and overall, we played pretty well tonight (with the exception of Clifford and Quick). Yes we had some defensive breakdowns, but props to Phoenix. We have a big game tomorrow. GKG.

Also, I know we're not used to seeing Quick have bad games, but jeez, give him a break. One bad game and people are having second thoughts about trading Bernier. Hilarious.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Honestly, as big a game as this was, I'm gonna try and take the positives out of this.

We got a point and we're back in playoff position, and overall, we played pretty well tonight (with the exception of Clifford and Quick). Yes we had some defensive breakdowns, but props to Phoenix. We have a big game tomorrow. GKG.

Also, I know we're not used to seeing Quick have bad games, but jeez, give him a break. One bad game and people are having second thoughts about trading Bernier. Hilarious.
And Clifford, and the last few games it was rail at Kopi time, etc.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Tomorrow in the the high altitude of Colorado should be fun. Penner will be the only one in the lineup who wont be gased by the end of the 1st
Penner may not be out of gas, but he'll still play like he is.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobafettish*

im guessing JJ missed the SO on purpose because he knew CBJ scouts where there. he doesnt want to get traded.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post

They're joking.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:15 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
There is no team in the NHL I detest more than the Phoenix Coyotes.
Canucks and _ucks are much worse.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

hey, the Ducks and Sharks lost. My only silver lining tonight.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:19 PM
funky

remember the old saying "you got to slay a few dragons to get to the princess", maybe this is one of the dragons in getting our offensive game going and our offensive game in sync.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Chazz Reinhold

That call on Clifford was terrible. I've seen worse only called 2 minutes. Brule stood and admired his pass (which is the opposite of rule number one when you start playing checking hockey). It was a little late, but the puck wasn't gone for that long. You're allowed to throw a check after a player releases the puck...except in the new NHL apparently.

I would have no problem if they called 2 for interference, charging, or whatever there, but 5 for intent to injure is a pure joke and only underscores how terrible the officiating has been this season. The officials reacted to the fact that Brule was hurt, not the actual play the led to the injury.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:24 PM
kingsfan25

Weird thing is that I'm actually more pissed off about this loss because it makes that assclown Tyson Nash happy. My God, he's insufferable. He just waxes on and on about how great (just great!) the Yotes are.

And that play-by-play guy talking about how it was definitely, definitely an elbow from Clifford on Brule and their ice-level reporter better keep his gloves on while talking to Doughty.

One of the least tolerable tandems in the league.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:26 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

My thoughts on tonight's game:

- I'm not as discouraged as most of you. Yes it sucks that we couldn't win one for Quickie on an off night for him, but we took some major strides tonight. This is one of those games where even though we lost, there are actually a lot of positives to take. We need to get the floodgates opened in terms of scoring, and I really liked what I saw from all the guys tonight, particularly Brown and Richards. Kopi was active but still not attacking the way I hope he starts to.

- The call on Clifford was *********, yes. Brule earned himself that injury by admiring his pass. I've never seen someone look so oblivious after the puck leaves their stick.

- The PK is what lost us this game, ffs. No excuse for not locking Vrbata down, that guy is the ultimate King killer.

- Jordan Nolan looks really, really good in the O-zone retrieving pucks for us. Please keep him up with the big club. King looked good too.

All in all, I'm not too mad about this game. I really think that some players on the team look to be finding their stride offensively a little bit, and if we can build on that, it will go a long way towards restoring the team's broken confidence.

On to the next one. Let's give Bernier a look.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
That call on Clifford was terrible. I've seen worse only called 2 minutes. Brule stood and admired his pass (which is the opposite of rule number one when you start playing checking hockey). It was a little late, but the puck wasn't gone for that long. You're allowed to throw a check after a player releases the puck...except in the new NHL apparently.

I would have no problem if they called 2 for interference, charging, or whatever there, but 5 for intent to injure is a pure joke and only underscores how terrible the officiating has been this season. The officials reacted to the fact that Brule was hurt, not the actual play the led to the injury.
I think it was the right call. I don't like that they used the replay to make it.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Penner may not be out of gas, but he'll still play like he is.
...full of it???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

It was originally a two minute penalty.

Quote:
BROWN: “It was originally a two(-minute penalty. I guess the linesman came over and said it was a five. It is what it is. The only issue — I haven’t seen it, maybe it was a five, maybe it wasn’t — but they had the two on the board for a minute, and then they come over and tell him? I think that stuff should happen immediately. I know there was a big pile-up, but they put the two-minute penalty up and put him in the box. Then the linesman came over after the fact. If he thought it was a five-minute major right away, he should have been over there right away.’’

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cheap77
Go Kings!

They should start paying refs based on how well they call a game. Most of those guys wouldn't even be able to put food on the table.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I think it was the right call. I don't like that they used the replay to make it.
How was it the right call?

No elbow. No head as the principal point of contact. Not from behind. The puck was only gone for a second. Brule put himself in a vulnerable position by admiring his pass.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:34 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

lol, Kopitar's brother is complaining on twitter that Sutter didn't put #11 in the SO lineup

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
It was also a linesman who made the call.Both refs didnt do anything until Brule went down and then they consulted eachother. While the hit might be considered late, no way was it a 5 min major.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
lol, Kopitar's brother is complaining on twitter that Sutter didn't put #11 in the SO lineup
In response Darryl sends the kid to go carry hay on his farm.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:36 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Not that it matters but I do believe Kopi has the best SO % on the team.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
How was it the right call?

No elbow. No head as the principal point of contact. Not from behind. The puck was only gone for a second. Brule put himself in a vulnerable position by admiring his pass.
The puck was gone long enough. Even if he did admire his pass, there is no need to crush a guy who doesn't know your coming near the boards like that...or are you OK with the entire league going down with concussions?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
johnjm22

Sutter has been overplaying Quick. There's been quite a few nights when Bernier should have got the call. It doesn't help that we've been totally reliant on JQ all season; he was going to have a bad game sooner or later. He's probably wore out.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
I saw that too.