HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Three

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Everyone expected Bryz to at least be an alright goalie this year as well.

Frankly, I want to see Bob get a streak of 4-5 games in a row. I want him to be declared a starter. Give it to him. Say it's his to lose. I want to see him rise to the occasion.

I know I won't see it, and given the big win we just had, it might be a mistake to get away from Bryz this late in the season.

Our decision for the starter this late better be the right one though. The decision who is the starter going into the stretch and the playoffs is going to define the season for us.
I agree with all of what you said. Especially that it's very dangerous to start screwing with who the starting goalie is this late in the season. It sucks we're in this situation to begin with...again

Old
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Tim Tebow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
It's pretty damn weak that a bunch of fans have lowered their standards for a 51 mil benchwarmer, that its to the point that even routine saves get applause.

That they would rather cast away a second year goaltender, who had a hell of a rookie season, just because his one weakness got exposed near the end of the season.

They they would rather just not give him a chance because he has had a rough month (not that the team helped a whole lot for the NJ and NYR game)

All for a guy who has done jack **** this year and has had the biggest book of excuses for any goaltender that I have ever seen.
I am not saying we should applaud every little save but if booing and harassing everyone who struggled was a working strategy Philadelphia would be this decades Boston.

Also your logic seems odd. Bob and Bryz both suck this season. You praise Bob because he had a good rookie season (not great just good). But Bryz doesn't get any credit for his entire career which was far superior then Bob's rookie season?

Keep in mind Philadelphia benched Bryz for the Winter Classic and let Bob start to play more and more but then he caved hard and played horrendously giving the job right back to Bryz.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:38 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
It's pretty damn weak that a bunch of fans have lowered their standards for a 51 mil benchwarmer, that its to the point that even routine saves get applause.

That they would rather cast away a second year goaltender, who had a hell of a rookie season, just because his one weakness got exposed near the end of the season.

They they would rather just not give him a chance because he has had a rough month (not that the team helped a whole lot for the NJ and NYR game)

All for a guy who has done jack **** this year and has had the biggest book of excuses for any goaltender that I have ever seen.
is that all you do is complain? is that all you are going to do until the flyers win a cup no matter what goalie comes here? oh sure they get another goalie and that one goes to the ringer, what's next blame that one and that one until you have your way, not going to happen, i want a championship but nothing is guarantee because there's 8 other teams. 8 teams cant have trophies it's just one.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:48 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
I am not saying we should applaud every little save but if booing and harassing everyone who struggled was a working strategy Philadelphia would be this decades Boston.

Also your logic seems odd. Bob and Bryz both suck this season. You praise Bob because he had a good rookie season (not great just good). But Bryz doesn't get any credit for his entire career which was far superior then Bob's rookie season?

Keep in mind Philadelphia benched Bryz for the Winter Classic and let Bob start to play more and more but then he caved hard and played horrendously giving the job right back to Bryz.
BOB hasn't sucked this year? He's been pretty bad the past month (I feel the numbers are a bit inflated due to no support given to him during the NJ and NYR games) but that certainly doesn't mean he has sucked the entire year.

In fact up until the NJ game, he had two games in which he gave up 4 or more goals. (both against Winnipeg) He now has 5 in 24 GPI.

Bryz has 8 in his first 24 GPI (to match the BOB's total GPI) and he has and additional 7 out of the rest of the games he has played in.

15 games this loser has allowed four or more goals in and I guarantee you none of those games the 5 skaters performed as badly in front of him as they did when they hung BOB out to dry against NJ and NYR this past month.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:50 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
is that all you do is complain? is that all you are going to do until the flyers win a cup no matter what goalie comes here? oh sure they get another goalie and that one goes to the ringer, what's next blame that one and that one until you have your way, not going to happen, i want a championship but nothing is guarantee because there's 8 other teams. 8 teams cant have trophies it's just one.
Are you even in the right thread? What does any of the garbage above have to do with how Bryz has played?

Old
02-22-2012, 12:00 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
BOB hasn't sucked this year? He's been pretty bad the past month (I feel the numbers are a bit inflated due to no support given to him during the NJ and NYR games) but that certainly doesn't mean he has sucked the entire year.

In fact up until the NJ game, he had two games in which he gave up 4 or more goals. (both against Winnipeg) He now has 5 in 24 GPI.

Bryz has 8 in his first 24 GPI (to match the BOB's total GPI) and he has and additional 7 out of the rest of the games he has played in.

15 games this loser has allowed four or more goals in and I guarantee you none of those games the 5 skaters performed as badly in front of him as they did when they hung BOB out to dry against NJ and NYR this past month.
I doubt that. Both goalies have gotten bad support, and both goalies have let in bad goals. They've BOTH BEEN BAD THIS YEAR.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:04 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

With that I think I'm going to go back to spectating this thread again.

No way we go deep in the playoffs or win the cup with Bryz in between the pipes, pending divine intervention.

The guy hasn't looked like a NHL goaltender since the season opener against Boston.

I thought he was spectacular in that game and that game remains as the only one where I felt he would live up to his contract.

It has been 40 games for Bryz since he played really well and we are still waiting on him to remember whoever that was.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
With that I think I'm going to go back to spectating this thread again.

No way we go deep in the playoffs or win the cup with Bryz in between the pipes, pending divine intervention.

The guy hasn't looked like a NHL goaltender since the season opener against Boston.

I thought he was spectacular in that game and that game remains as the only one where I felt he would live up to his contract.

It has been 40 games for Bryz since he played really well and we are still waiting on him to remember whoever that was.
Go spectate our options I listed in post #949 and decide which of those is most likely to get us to the cup this year.

At this point, Brayden Schenn has the save of the year and best save%

Old
02-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Wow, almost time for part 4. I'd ask if anybody has particular names in mind for the next one but it would probably end with many infractions

02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Wow, almost time for part 4. I'd ask if anybody has particular names in mind for the next one but it would probably end with many infractions
Will BUMzgalov ever be worth his humongous big paycheck.

Thread subtitle- The City cares too much.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:

Yeahhhhhhh no. I've already got something in mind that's far less inflammatory.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:19 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
The "We won a game but need something to ***** about" thread?

Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
To 4.00 GAA and Beyond! The 4th Bryzgalov Contract Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

Quote:

Every day I am more and more convinced that you're just trollin us lol.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:35 AM
nhlfan9191

Anybody else notice how brutal the 4th goal against Winnipeg was? A weak wrister from the point with zero traffic and it literally looked like he moved his glove out of the way. Things don't look good. You know a goalie is on his last legs when he's switching his pads once every 15 games searching desperately for anything that might change his luck.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Anybody else notice how brutal the 4th goal against Winnipeg was?
It may have been mentioned once or twice

Old
02-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Ryker

Does anyone have a good replay of that goal? I only saw the highlights, and they didn't show a slow motion replay or even a replay from a good angle.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:30 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:

or we could go with Bryzgalov. The New Leighton. Will he ever be worth his contract?

I am sure to the folks who defend him to the end of the Earth would be amused haha

Old
02-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Out of fairness, Bryz supporters may present potential titles as well (since people are doing it anyways). Just keep it in line with the rules.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Out of fairness, Bryz supporters may present potential titles as well (since people are doing it anyways). Just keep it in line with the rules.
I knew it wouldnt fly. Just like having fun and still trying to figure out how he can be defended so much.
The guy says he hasnt lost confidence, but I dont buy that at all. His body language says it all.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

I haven't looked myself, but BC16 says Bryz came in with 25 extra pounds of muscle or something like that...because he was told to bulk up. 1) that explains his lack of quickness 2) What the HELL. Why would they do that?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:40 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
I haven't looked myself, but BC16 says Bryz came in with 25 extra pounds of muscle or something like that...because he was told to bulk up. 1) that explains his lack of quickness 2) What the HELL. Why would they do that?
because SIZE=WINNING
duh

Old
02-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Ryker

Quote:
It also shows that in fact he did not just sign the contract and then proceeded to not care about playing well anymore.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

I guess the training staff thought the league might introduce goalie arm-wrestling after the OT period?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Ryker

Well, they figured if he gets the money DiPietro does, at least he's not going to get knocked out by a Penguin

edit: In all seriousness, though, if that really does explain much of the bad play he's showing, people should back off with the derogatory comments. I'm not saying his play shouldn't be criticized, but I honestly do think he's trying his best and giving it his all, it's just not working for him (and us) this year.

Closed Thread