HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#59|Feb. 21, 2012|Flyers at Jets| part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
  #51
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 40,017
vCash: 1049
Something to comtemplate as the season progresses...

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...540&feedID=695

Quote:
Newly-acquired defenseman Pavel Kubina, who has a celebrated right-hand cannon from the point, was not on either of the top two power-play units, but did some time as those power plays were winding down to even strength on transition. Assistant coach Joey Mullen, who handles the power play, said Kubina would be worked into the rotation. Kubina had just 45 seconds power-play time overall. …

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:46 PM
  #52
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,219
vCash: 500
Good to hear he will be worked in. Please no more Carle.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:51 PM
  #53
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I was just told that he has led the NHL in points for the month of February; don't know if that's true, since Malkin has been so good. This guy has been absolutely crazy either way, though.

Also, if you had told me in September that Hartnell would replace Carter's scoring I would have recommended several excellent rehab facilities. But...here we are.
If I were motivated enough, I'd dig up some old threads about how horrible Hartnell was and how Holmgren would do well to dump his huge cap hit. Hartnell has been just monstrous this whole season.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:56 PM
  #54
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Good to hear he will be worked in. Please no more Carle.
The pk was bad again tonight BUT atleast Carle wasnt on the PK anymore!

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:56 PM
  #55
Crazed Fan
Registered User
 
Crazed Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
I was at MTS tonight, that game was ridiculous.
Pavvy was incredible, but props to the Flyers never say die attitude.
Terrific season series between the Jets and the Flyers.

For the record, i did not participate in the Flyers Suck chant. I think its pretty dumb. It only lights a fire on the Flyers bench. Case and point tonight.

Too bad, Pavvy made some game savers.
Good luck in the playoffs, hopefully we will see you there.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:57 PM
  #56
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
If I were motivated enough, I'd dig up some old threads about how horrible Hartnell was and how Holmgren would do well to dump his huge cap hit. Hartnell has been just monstrous this whole season.
I wont lie. I was one of those people. He looked TERRIBLE with Read and Couturier, and they carried him. Luckily he found chemistry with Giroux. I always liked Hartnell. One of the few who has defended him over the years. That being said, was severely disappointing the first few games.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
  #57
NewYorkFlyerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Good win, still pretty pumped about it.

I thought JVR-Schenn-Voracek line looked good.

Not much to say about Bryz.

Also Wayne Simmonds is the man. Enough said

NewYorkFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:01 PM
  #58
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I wont lie. I was one of those people. He looked TERRIBLE with Read and Couturier, and they carried him. Luckily he found chemistry with Giroux. I always liked Hartnell. One of the few who has defended him over the years. That being said, was severely disappointing the first few games.
I was down on him, too, and I`m talking about a couple of years ago, when all he did was a) fall down and/or b) take a stupid penalty.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
  #59
FrankMur
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I was down on him, too, and I`m talking about a couple of years ago, when all he did was a) fall down and/or b) take a stupid penalty.
Haha or C) slap pass

FrankMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:07 PM
  #60
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,215
vCash: 500
I was beginning to throw Hartnell under the bus too. He was really, really bad to start the season.

Schenn needs more love for his kick save and pad stack tonight.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
  #61
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I was beginning to throw Hartnell under the bus too. He was really, really bad to start the season.

Schenn needs more love for his kick save and pad stack tonight.
JVR-Schenn-JV

Is awesome.

I know JVR needs to play with Giroux just because, but part of me wants to keep JV-S-JV together for a while. They looked so good, and Schenn fits them really well.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
  #62
FrankMur
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Maybe schenn got a future in net

FrankMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:17 PM
  #63
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMur View Post
Haha or C) slap pass
I completely forgot about the patented slap-pass!

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
  #64
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMur View Post
Maybe schenn got a future in net
Welcome to the board. And the pad stack save was awesome. I hope Bryz really starts tracking the puck better. Watching since he came to philly, he seems to not track the puck very well. I don't know if this has always been a problem or is just this year?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:23 PM
  #65
FrankMur
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Welcome to the board. And the pad stack save was awesome. I hope Bryz really starts tracking the puck better. Watching since he came to philly, he seems to not track the puck very well. I don't know if this has always been a problem or is just this year?
Thanks! I'm french from Quebec so i'll do my best with my english haha but yeah he doesn't seem to track the puck well

FrankMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
  #66
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,215
vCash: 500
On a Wpg PP in the second period there was about a 1-2 second period of time where Bryz totally lost track of the puck. He was looking to the left while the puck was on his right. My heart sank because I was just waiting for them to fire a quick shot on net past him. Fortunately that didn't happen, but it was really alarming to see.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:15 AM
  #67
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I was just told that he has led the NHL in points for the month of February; don't know if that's true, since Malkin has been so good. This guy has been absolutely crazy either way, though.

Also, if you had told me in September that Hartnell would replace Carter's scoring I would have recommended several excellent rehab facilities. But...here we are.
I believe they said on tv that he has the most goals not points. They showed a graphic that said Gagner had 8 and Simmonds had 9.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:35 AM
  #68
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
JVR-Schenn-JV

Is awesome.

I know JVR needs to play with Giroux just because, but part of me wants to keep JV-S-JV together for a while. They looked so good, and Schenn fits them really well.
I fell in love with that line tonight, then got pissed when other players started making appearances on it. Hope it lasts.

JvR's been on some crazy good lines the last couple years. The JvR-Carter-Zherdev line last season was nothing but offensive chances, sick dekes, and energy for about a week or two til Lavy blew it up.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
  #69
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
The New Jersey Devils (4th place in East) have 10 shootout points this year. The Flyers have 1. Ridiculous.

Edit: Eastern Conference Standings (minus shootout results)

1. New York Rangers - 78 points
2. Philadelphia Flyers - 72 points
3. Pittsburgh Penguins - 66 points
4. Boston Bruins - 65 points
5. Ottawa Senators - 65 points
6. New Jersey Devils - 64 points
7. Florida Panthers - 62 points
8. Washington Capitals - 62 points
9. Toronto Maple Leafs - 62 points
10. Winnipeg Jets - 61 points

Not posting this to complain about the shootout, just to put quality of teams into a different perspective. There's no shootouts in the playoffs.


Last edited by Damaged Goods: 02-22-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:37 AM
  #70
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Not really sure about those stats, but didnt that game winning goal put Jagr closer to (another) NHL all time record?

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:47 AM
  #71
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Not really sure about those stats, but didnt that game winning goal put Jagr closer to (another) NHL all time record?
Yeah, it did.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:48 AM
  #72
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
I think he tops the league (active players I would assume) in game winning goals in OT...

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:11 AM
  #73
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,215
vCash: 500
I believe so. At 16?

I've really loved watching him play this year. This was one of those game's where he was just enforcing his will on guys literally half his age. His beard is halfway to gray! He's Gandalf, I guess. Absolutely incredible season for a 39-40 year old.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:14 AM
  #74
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I believe so. At 16?

I've really loved watching him play this year. This was one of those game's where he was just enforcing his will on guys literally half his age. His beard is halfway to gray! He's Gandalf, I guess. Absolutely incredible season for a 39-40 year old.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:27 AM
  #75
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
I gotta get photoshop up and put hockey sticks in gandolf's hands or give him jagr's face or something.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.