HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Sign Dorsett !!

Old
02-21-2012, 09:44 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
No, the best message is that business has changed. I expect Dorse will be back, but as Blah said there is no rush. The odds of someone like Dorsett getting offer-sheeted is almost negligible. Even if he did, the Jackets would be compensated with picks and, as good as a team guy as Dorse is, he's not the hardest guy to replace.

No more early-negotiated long-term golden parachutes like Brass, Mase, Umberger, Vermette, Tyutin and (in some people's eyes) Nash got. Sucks that Dorse and DMac are the ones who this policy change would affect, but I hope it's the new rule of business here.

Right now, with all the variables in play, the front office does not have a firm idea who will be on the roster next year. Let's see how the dominoes fall before we start worrying about how our impending RFA's fit in.
Dorse isn't a 3-5 million a year player, so i don't know that comparing his potential contract to 16, 1, 51, or 50's contracts is the same thing. Just like with Vinny's contract, you reward leadership, attitude, and energy. I know we will keep him and there isn't a hurry to sign him, but that is the message I would love to see sent by our front office.

DaveCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Dorsett will get resigned IMO but he will be one of the last moves this summer because there is no reason to rush into it when there are bigger things to get done.

02-21-2012, 10:26 PM
FANonymous

And has anybody thought that perhaps they play the way they do because if they don't they potentially might not get another contract in the NHL.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Amazing. The one bad year isn't even done yet and he's already gone from "hardest working player on the CBJ and MVP" several years in a row to... this.

Y'know, it's possible to overdo "what have you done for me lately"...
He has been horrible this year..........however.... last night was a blast! Umbarger stood up for a teammate, scored by planting himself in front of the net and created traffic enough to allow Savard to score. It's only the second game out the 12 I've attended where he played decent. He earned his paycheck for a change.

Carter with a hat trick.......Mason with 38 saves.

I enjoyed my humble pie. My Trinity of Terrible all played like All Stars last night

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote