HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
  #151
ronaldojaime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Pacioretty - Statsny - Radulov
Ruutu - Plekanec - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
White - Gaustad - Blunden

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Beauchemin - Diaz

Price Budaj

ronaldojaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
  #152
kassian
Emelin's face plate
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 4,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldojaime View Post
Pacioretty - Statsny - Radulov
Ruutu - Plekanec - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
White - Gaustad - Blunden

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Beauchemin - Diaz

Price Budaj


Dude what.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2012, 05:57 PM
  #153
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($6.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m)
Brandon Prust ($0.900m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) / Ryan White ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($6.000m) / P.K. Subban ($3.500m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($1.500m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Jared Tinordi ($1.200m)
Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($5.750m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,478,333; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $821,667

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
  #154
Hab-Dawgs
Registered User
 
Hab-Dawgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
I'd trade for Carter. I know his contract is really long, but hey, it'll seem great compared to gomez's. Not sure what we'd have to give but Gionta and Desharnais don't fit with this team(flame on).
Gomez gets bought out (I assume he can't be moved)
Gill is traded (as much as I think he's a key part to a successful playoff team)
Moen is traded (see above)
Kostitsyn is re-signed, two years 3.25/yr (I believe that's his current salary)



Pacioretty - Carter - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Gallagher - Eller - Leblanc
UFA - White - Blunden

Markov (I believe!)- Subban
Gorges - (UFA - must eat big minutes(Suter))
Emelin - Kaberle
Diaz,Weber

I believe this team's biggest problem is their D. Sure, goal scoring is a problem but without D who can support and be reliable enough to let the forwards cheat, goal scoring is sure to suffer. Address the D and the goals will come.
Emelin is turning into a great asset and I believe he will be, but he's STILL DEVELOPING!
Diaz and Weber, I'm sure they're great people but I don't believe they'll ever be cup contending D. Good for depth.

I don't really believe the Habs will acquire Suter, as he'll be too highly sought after but without another top-4 we'll be out of the playoffs again next year.

Hab-Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
  #155
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.575m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Travis Moen ($2.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.625m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.550m)
/ / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)
edit: switch blunden and nokelainen

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / P.K. Subban ($2.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.000m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,330,476; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,969,524
This is the most likely one to happen. I like it. There is no reason to keep Leblanc with the big club, he should spend another year with Hamilton and develop his skills even more. Let him stay in one league for more than one year for the first time in his life!

I really like this lineup, I feel like it can do some damage if Plekanec and Gomez play better than they have been playing this season. One thing that would make the lineup dramatically better would be Markov's return. I'm hoping for this lineup!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  #156
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
From what I see so far...

Next season, I would like to see:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Semin - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
White - Prust - Blunden

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Kaberle - Sutton

Price
Budaj

Sign, Semin, Sutton and Prust

Buy out Gomez

Trade Gill, Moen, Kostitsyn, Campoli, Weber and Diaz for picks and prospects

Build for the next 3 years!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 11:54 PM
  #157
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,211
vCash: 500
MaxPac- DD - Cole
Bourque - Pleks - Gionta
Leblanc - Eller - A.Kost
Moen - White - Palushaj
Darche (or preferably a more physical 13th player)

Subban - Gorges
Diaz - Kaberle/Markov
Sarich-type - Emelin
Weber

Price
Budaj


that's pretty much what we are looking at (assuming Gomez is AHL-bound as he should be) right now, with no major UFA signings and no trades (aside from hopefully some picks for Campoli/Gill this year).


to be honest... I wouldn't be that upset if this is how we started next season.

Without another dose of really terrible injury luck, and with the regular progression of most of the young players, this group should be able to fight for a playoff spot.

IF Markov actually comes back and is even somewhat close to the player he used to be, our team would improve offensively as a result.

Subban, Diaz, Emelin and Weber all being one year older and getting one more summer of training/physical development should help the defensive group be a bit more effective. Adding a veteran dman that plays with some grit to compete with Weber/Emelin for the bottom pairing role should round it out well enough.

same goes for the forwards... Eller, Patches, DD, Leblanc should all continue to improve, while Pleks/Gionta/Bourque/Cole/Kost should be able to deliver at least a similar level of play (if not perhaps a bit more, buoyed by the young guys drawing even more attention from opposing teams/lifting the overall level of play from the fwds).

if it works, great, we have a playoff team without needing to add any more overpaid ufa's (and really, short of Parise/Suter -whom I don't think we have much shot at signing), none of the available ufa's strike me as being worthwhile to outbid other teams for, especially considering that a thin UFA talent crop is likely to mean an even greater price premium on the available players.

If it fails and we end up as bad as this year, then we add back-to-back lottery picks (assuming we don't "screw up" this years potential lottery pick by finishing in the 17-22 range) to our organization, putting us in a very good position looking beyond 2013...

with the talent we already have in place, adding 2 top10 picks (and 2 30-40 picks), plus the flames pick, to our prospect pool, would give us the kind of quality depth to be in a strong position to go after one of those "gem" 2013 UFA's to be (hard to know who will still be there, but right now the list is very tempting... Crosby, Weber, Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom...

and even if those guys are all re-signed by then, keeping the 2012/2013 draft talent and adding it to the core we have, not to mention guys like TInordi/Gallagher/Kristo/Beaulieu/Ellis pushing for roster spots in the 2013 season and beyond may well be enough to push us into contention.


long way of saying that sucking it up and staying the course, so long as we don't add any more Kaberle-type veterans (contract-wise) or trade any of the young talent/prospect we have for short-term fixes, may very well be the best direction to take at this point.


* and adding the right coach to the mix, with a full camp/preseason to get the team started on the right foot, would go along way to getting the best out of the group...


Last edited by Miller Time: 02-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 12:00 AM
  #158
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-Dawgs View Post
I'd trade for Carter. I know his contract is really long, but hey, it'll seem great compared to gomez's. Not sure what we'd have to give but Gionta and Desharnais don't fit with this team(flame on).
Gomez gets bought out (I assume he can't be moved)
Gill is traded (as much as I think he's a key part to a successful playoff team)
Moen is traded (see above)
Kostitsyn is re-signed, two years 3.25/yr (I believe that's his current salary)



Pacioretty - Carter - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Gallagher - Eller - Leblanc
UFA - White - Blunden

Markov (I believe!)- Subban
Gorges - (UFA - must eat big minutes(Suter))
Emelin - Kaberle
Diaz,Weber

I believe this team's biggest problem is their D. Sure, goal scoring is a problem but without D who can support and be reliable enough to let the forwards cheat, goal scoring is sure to suffer. Address the D and the goals will come.
Emelin is turning into a great asset and I believe he will be, but he's STILL DEVELOPING!
Diaz and Weber, I'm sure they're great people but I don't believe they'll ever be cup contending D. Good for depth.

I don't really believe the Habs will acquire Suter, as he'll be too highly sought after but without another top-4 we'll be out of the playoffs again next year.

I actually like the idea of a ''Kid line'' But i'd like to see Bournival instead of brendan on this line. Gallagher will take 2 more years.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
  #159
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.750m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Tuomo Ruutu ($4.000m)
Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Mikhail Grigorenko ($3.250m) / Ryan White ($0.625m)
Blake Geoffrion ($1.062m) / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / P.K. Subban ($3.250m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.400m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.200m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Peter Budaj ($1.150m) / Carey Price ($5.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,280,833; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,019,167

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:43 AM
  #160
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
I honestly see the following based on what has taken place recently:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (C)
Moen - Eller - Leblanc
Geoffrion - White - Blunden
Palushaj

Markov (A) - Emelin
Gorges (A) - Subban
Kaberle - Diaz
Weber

Price
Budaj

Traded: Kostitsyn, Darche and Campoli
Bought out: Gomez

FYI: As per Bob McKenzie on TSN990, Moen will re-sign in Montreal and they DO NOT want to trade him.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
  #161
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
From what I see, we have 3 needs:
1 - a goalscoring center with size.
2 - a power forward at wing in the top 6
3 - a 3rd pairing punishing defenseman

Numbers 1 and 3 can be solved this year. Draft Galchenyuk or Grigorenko, whoever is more of a goalscorer than a passer. Sign someone like Allen for the 3rd pairing to help out Emelin with some extra toughness in the lineup.

Plekanec is the only player we have of value in a trade. If we can keep him and still land that top 6 power forward, we should. But if we can't, he has to be dealt for one. There's no other way to land one unless Kristo makes it in the next 2 years.

I haven't inserted this player into the lineup but he would take Gionta's position if we're successful in acquiring him. We'll have to address how this affects the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe shifting Plekanec to Washington for Kuznetsov, a late first rounder, with Backstrom out long-term is an option.

This is what I'd do:

Line 1:
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Desharnais

Desharnais shifts to the right wing to set up two scorers. He's been our best playmaking center this year. He deserves his first line role but we need size at center. Galchenyuk is a franchise center. Check his scoring prowess here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5tWK459ZXo

Line 2:
Cole - Eller - Gionta

Eller brings size down the middle with two scorers on his wings. We can switch Gionta and Cole to distribute the lack of size on the wings with Desharnais also on the right.

Line 3:

Bourque - Bournival - Leblanc

This line really excites me. I really want to see what these guys can do. A hard-working two-way line.

Line 4:

Geoffrion - White - Moen

The crash-and-bang line with some skill. Both Moen and Geoffrion can pop them in and we all know what White brings.

Defense 1:

Gorges - Subban

This speaks for itself. Our two horses on the first pairing.

Defense 2:

Markov - Emelin

This is what we've been waiting for since Emelin got drafted. Next year we'll actually be able to see it if Markov can come back healthy. Emelin has been a rock this year and deserves this.

Defense 3:

Allen - Diaz / Kaberle

Another solid pairing while we wait for Tinordi and Beaulieu to be ready by the end of next season. See what they have in them before the following training camp.

Who's expendable?
Kostitsyn, Gionta and Plekanec. We should be able to get enough assets for these players from this point forward and into the summer.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:38 AM
  #162
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
From what I see, we have 3 needs:
1 - a goalscoring center with size.
2 - a power forward at wing in the top 6
3 - a 3rd pairing punishing defenseman

Numbers 1 and 3 can be solved this year. Draft Galchenyuk or Grigorenko, whoever is more of a goalscorer than a passer. Sign someone like Allen for the 3rd pairing to help out Emelin with some extra toughness in the lineup.

Plekanec is the only player we have of value in a trade. If we can keep him and still land that top 6 power forward, we should. But if we can't, he has to be dealt for one. There's no other way to land one unless Kristo makes it in the next 2 years.

I haven't inserted this player into the lineup but he would take Gionta's position if we're successful in acquiring him. We'll have to address how this affects the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe shifting Plekanec to Washington for Kuznetsov, a late first rounder, with Backstrom out long-term is an option.

This is what I'd do:

Line 1:
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Desharnais

Desharnais shifts to the right wing to set up two scorers. He's been our best playmaking center this year. He deserves his first line role but we need size at center. Galchenyuk is a franchise center. Check his scoring prowess here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5tWK459ZXo

Line 2:
Cole - Eller - Gionta

Eller brings size down the middle with two scorers on his wings. We can switch Gionta and Cole to distribute the lack of size on the wings with Desharnais also on the right.

Line 3:

Bourque - Bournival - Leblanc

This line really excites me. I really want to see what these guys can do. A hard-working two-way line.

Line 4:

Geoffrion - White - Moen

The crash-and-bang line with some skill. Both Moen and Geoffrion can pop them in and we all know what White brings.

Defense 1:

Gorges - Subban

This speaks for itself. Our two horses on the first pairing.

Defense 2:

Markov - Emelin

This is what we've been waiting for since Emelin got drafted. Next year we'll actually be able to see it if Markov can come back healthy. Emelin has been a rock this year and deserves this.

Defense 3:

Allen - Diaz / Kaberle

Another solid pairing while we wait for Tinordi and Beaulieu to be ready by the end of next season. See what they have in them before the following training camp.
This comes closest to how I see it. We HAVE to have at least one more strong scoring line, no matter what; if not, our one consistent line gets smothered and we remain goal-starved. Ideally, as you stated, we add a center and winger (though it could work with two strong wingers). Our template is Eric Cole -- either clone him or find players like him. Look at St-Louis -- no superstars and a low-scoring team, but with tough, relentless and fast skating on every line.

Our D is potentially in good shape for next year, depending on Markov and the development of our two best prospects in Beaulieu and Tinordi. But if we add another big, solid defenseman, great. You can never be too strong - or too deep - on defense.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
  #163
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
This comes closest to how I see it. We HAVE to have at least one more strong scoring line, no matter what; if not, our one consistent line gets smothered and we remain goal-starved. Ideally, as you stated, we add a center and winger (though it could work with two strong wingers). Our template is Eric Cole -- either clone him or find players like him. Look at St-Louis -- no superstars and a low-scoring team, but with tough, relentless and fast skating on every line.

Our D is potentially in good shape for next year, depending on Markov and the development of our two best prospects in Beaulieu and Tinordi. But if we add another big, solid defenseman, great. You can never be too strong - or too deep - on defense.
That's why I don't trade Moen and Cole because we're 3 pieces away. The hardest one is addressable this draft. The other two, we can sign one and we have the pieces to pick up the other.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
  #164
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I honestly see the following based on what has taken place recently:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (C)
Moen - Eller - Leblanc
Geoffrion - White - Blunden
Palushaj

Markov (A) - Emelin
Gorges (A) - Subban
Kaberle - Diaz
Weber

Price
Budaj

Traded: Kostitsyn, Darche and Campoli
Bought out: Gomez

FYI: As per Bob McKenzie on TSN990, Moen will re-sign in Montreal and they DO NOT want to trade him.
I'm making the same assumptions as you except that Darche will be back. I'm also making the assumption that they will draft Grigorenko. This lineup also assumes that RC (or an RC, JM clone is behind the bench).

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (C)
Moen - Eller - Leblanc
Darche - White - Geoffrion
Blunden

Grigorenko will play nine games and be returned to junior unless Patrick Roy is the coach.

If Patrick Roy is behind the bench,

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (C)
Eller - Grigorenko - Leblanc
Geoffrion - White - Gallaguer
Darche

I'm kinda liking the Roy lineup!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:49 AM
  #165
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Im Predicting that we draft Galchenyuk but he's returned too the OHL

Weber and Kostitsyn will be traded for a 1st and we draft Tom Wilson with that pick


Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
LeBlanc - Eller - Moen
Geoffrion - Bournival - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Allen - Diaz

Price
Budaj

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
  #166
SnapVirus
Registered User
 
SnapVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mtl., QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 500
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Gomez-White

Lest talk about big wingers. That were the trios this morning.

SnapVirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
  #167
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Gomez-White

Lest talk about big wingers. That were the trios this morning.
You're right... that's what? 6'2-205 on average?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
  #168
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,345
vCash: 500
I think that we are going to draft Galchenyuk as well and as for Kostitsyn and Weber for a 1st round draft pick, if that happens I want: Tomas Hertl who might be the next Jamie Benn according to some scouts.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
  #169
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Bourque-Gomez-White

Lest talk about big wingers. That were the trios this morning.
Wow...those centers are tiny.

Not a huge fan of Eller on the wing, mainly because his two way and possession game are more of an asset for the team at center but I prefer how he looks as a LW than a RW.
The Eller-Plek-Cole line did look very good for the very short time it was together. AK isn't as good as Cole as a tough minutes guy but, if Randy's going to refuse to even think about breaking the DD line, he's no doubt the best option there. Could be a very good shutdown two way line. Plekanec, AK and Eller all finally get linemates that makes sense, it's like killing 3 birds with one stone.

I also like the idea of Bourque in soft minutes, that's how he should be used.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:53 AM
  #170
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Question: If we draft one of Galchenyuk or Grigorenko, would you be willing to trade one of eller, plekanec or desharnais to make room for them next year?

I've worked for the sting for 3 years and my opinion GALLY would have been NHL ready if not for his injury, think of a slightly smaller version of malkin.

Kid has Unreal hands and vision!

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Cole

would be downright dominant

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:19 PM
  #171
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
By the end of 2012-2013

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Geoffrion-Eller-Leblanc
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta/Gallagher
Blunden-White-Schultz

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz

Price

And to answer odishab, of those 3 I'd want to keep Eller. Though I kind of think Galchenyuk could work best on the wing as a sniper thanks to his ridiculous release (though you'd know better than me).

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:26 PM
  #172
DrunkenHabz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Ruutu has signed in Carolina for four years people, forget him with the Habs. He's paid way too much anyway and everybody would call this 'another bad move from Gauthier'.

As for Radulov, his rights belong to Nashville.

How about some realistic line combos for a change?

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:27 PM
  #173
bentheprop
Registered User
 
bentheprop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St Catharines, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Question: If we draft one of Galchenyuk or Grigorenko, would you be willing to trade one of eller, plekanec or desharnais to make room for them next year?

I've worked for the sting for 3 years and my opinion GALLY would have been NHL ready if not for his injury, think of a slightly smaller version of malkin.

Kid has Unreal hands and vision!

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Cole

would be downright dominant
I don't think that you need to. Just play Gal or Grigs on the wing on the 3rd line for 1 season while they adjust to the NHL. It seemed to work ok for Seguin in Boston last season. That way you gain another season to see if there are any improvements or regressions from the other 3 before you make your decision.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 12:39 PM
  #174
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,525
vCash: 500
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Whitney - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Kostitsyn/Leblanc
Moen/Leblanc - White - Geoffrion
Blunden, Darche

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz
Weber

Price
Budaj

* Keep one of Moen/Kostitsyn - trade the other.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
  #175
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 499
my dream line up

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Blake Geoffrion ($1.100m) / Lars Eller ($2.000m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Ryan White ($0.625m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.700m) / Arron Asham ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Barret Jackman ($3.600m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Alexei Emelin ($0.984m) / Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.000m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,067,533; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,232,467

pretty good top 9 and a real 4th line
also with a soild defense

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.