HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: #59 vs. PIT

View Poll Results: PoTG
Michael Del Zotto 1 3.85%
Derek Stepan 3 11.54%
Henrik Lundqvist 20 76.92%
Ryan Callahan 2 7.69%
Artem Anisimov 1 3.85%
Brad Richards 2 7.69%
Dan Girardi 2 7.69%
John Mitchell 1 3.85%
Brandon Prust 1 3.85%
Brandon Dubinsky 0 0%
Carl Hagelin 0 0%
Anton Stralman 0 0%
Ryan McDonagh 7 26.92%
Other 8 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
This team needs more offense in the lineup. Both Wolski and Zucc are players that we have under contact that should get a shot. Last night we dressed two 4th lines; that cannot continue

Boyle - 5 goals
Prust - 3 goals
Dubi - 6 goals

Rupp - 4 goals
Bickel - 0 goals
Mitchell - 5 goals

It is very hard to come back in a game when two of your lines cannot produce offense. Torts needs to get off his high horse and let a couple of "skill" guys into the lineup to gain some balance. We will be better off in the long run with a more balanced lineup.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
This team needs more offense in the lineup. Both Wolski and Zucc are players that we have under contact that should get a shot. Last night we dressed two 4th lines; that cannot continue

Boyle - 5 goals
Prust - 3 goals
Dubi - 6 goals

Rupp - 4 goals
Bickel - 0 goals
Mitchell - 5 goals

It is very hard to come back in a game when two of your lines cannot produce offense. Torts needs to get off his high horse and let a couple of "skill" guys into the lineup to gain some balance. We will be better off in the long run with a more balanced lineup.
What skill guys? MZA or Wolski? Both mediocre players that most likely won't help any. This team has 2 decent lines and even then you have guys like Anisimov, Hagelin, and Callahan (as much as I love him, he's not the most skilled player in the league) on the 3 lines. The best player Gaborik goes a million games without scoring. Our second best player probably won't even crack 60 points this season.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Only the 15th loss all season. Every team gets schellacked from time to time...I can only imagine the Torts volcano that erupted after each period and after the game and this morning.

Too much partying on President's Day. We'll bounce back from this one. I am scared about playing this team in the playoffs, but good starts mean the world against teams like that and we just didn't get it today.

Walk back from the ledge.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
What skill guys? MZA or Wolski? Both mediocre players that most likely won't help any. This team has 2 decent lines and even then you have guys like Anisimov, Hagelin, and Callahan (as much as I love him, he's not the most skilled player in the league) on the 3 lines. The best player Gaborik goes a million games without scoring. Our second best player probably won't even crack 60 points this season.
which is exactly why we need more balanced scoring. Thanks for making my point. As for WW and MZA they have skill there's no denying that. The problem is Torts is unwilling to accept their shortcomings to put that skill and creativity in the lineup. Come playoff team when everyone brings their "A" game and hard work is universal we will have a hard time winning with this lineup.

We will need more goals and there's no reason to expect this group to deliver it. To win we will need an infusion of skill. Let's start with the guys we have as I do not want to trade away the future.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Pens fan coming in peace...Mitchell has, for whatever reason, had our number throughout his career...while it hasn't always been necessarily scoring, I don't think he's had a bad game against us yet.

I'd be pretty annoyed too, but he does have a history of giving the Penguins issues. He played a damn solid game today, too...but I'd be just as infuriated if Arron Asham was out there in the final minute of a game against anyone, regardless of his history against them.

The Rangers have really won my respect this year and, except against the Penguins, I honestly wish you guys the best. I'm sure I'll be changing my tune in a few months, but that's part of the fun of it all...but for now I tip my hat to what you guys have done this year. Lundqvist is just absurd.
It's always a good thing to have Ron Swanson on your side Thanks though man, good luck with the rest of your season. Not that you need it with that beast Malkin! Penguins are really the only team in the East I don't want to see in the playoffs and if you get Crosby back.... Oh lord.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote