HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2012, 09:41 AM
  #901
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Lundqvist was more luck than anything. Can't blame teams for passing on him. The Rangers passed on him through 6 rounds. Girioux and a host of great players in the 03 first round were much better known.
I don't think players in Sweden were scouted as well back then. I heard that the Rangers European scouting wanted to use a 4th rounder on him, which is still quite a steal, to say the least.

Rangers Fail is online now  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:35 AM
  #902
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
Pass on Carter. Please.

A young, talented guy who bounces around organizations for a reason. His performance against the Rangers on Sunday was awful. No heart whatsoever, and he knows the Rangers are scouting the game looking for players.

Keep Carter away.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
  #903
JT Kreider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Its hilarious to see Toronto fans on the Trade-talk board saying they refuse to part with Jake Gardiner, then lambast NY fans when we laugh off proposals that include McD.

The Maple Leafs are one of the few teams I don't follow around the league, anyone know anything about the kid? Even close to comparable to McD or is it just another case of TML over-rating the **** out of their players.

Anyway, last night sure served as a strong argument point for the Nash proponents.

I'm slightly warming up to the idea of trading for him if it can be done without losing any of the core (Mactruck, Dstep, MDZ, etc) and Kreider and Erixon.

McIlrath, AA, CT, Miller, Dubinsky, 1st round pick, MZA (lol) should all be in play.

GM Howson is probably asking the moon for Nasher, I don't see anyone ponying up mid-season.

A package of the above combo shouldn't really piss of the Nash opposers.

If Howson refuses to deal without McDonagh coming back the other way, you say thanks, but no thanks. Same goes for MDZ and Stepan obviously.

THE PP IS A DISASTER.


Last edited by JT Kreider: 02-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.
JT Kreider is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:48 AM
  #904
KennyWu
Registered User
 
KennyWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Its hilarious to see Toronto fans on the Trade-talk board saying they refuse to part with Jake Gardiner, then lambast NY fans when we laugh off proposals that include McD.

The Maple Leafs are one of the few teams I don't follow around the league, anyone know anything about the kid? Even close to comparable to McD or are is it just another case of TML over-rating the **** out of their players.

Anyway, last night sure served as a strong argument point for the Nash proponents.

I'm slightly warming up to the idea of trading for him if it can be done without losing any of the core (Mactruck, Dstep, MDZ, etc) and Kreider and Erixon.

McIlrath, AA, CT, Miller, Dubinsky, 1st round pick, MZA (lol) should all be in play.

GM Howson is probably asking the moon for Nasher, I don't see anyone ponying up mid-season.

A package of the above combo shouldn't really piss of the Nash opposers.

If Howson refuses to deal without McDonagh coming back the other way, you say thanks, but no thanks. Same goes for MDZ and Stepan obviously.

THE PP IS A DISASTER.

I am on the same exact page.

To me it's not even the power play, but they don't have the offense to scare anyone (in my eyes at least). They have been struggling to score and adding Nash would push this team over the top.

KennyWu is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
  #905
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Pass on Carter. Please.

A young, talented guy who bounces around organizations for a reason. His performance against the Rangers on Sunday was awful. No heart whatsoever, and he knows the Rangers are scouting the game looking for players.

Keep Carter away.
You act like he's been on five different teams.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:51 AM
  #906
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Pass on Carter. Please.

A young, talented guy who bounces around organizations for a reason. His performance against the Rangers on Sunday was awful. No heart whatsoever, and he knows the Rangers are scouting the game looking for players.

Keep Carter away.
He's been in two organizations. How does he bounce around?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:55 AM
  #907
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
He's been in two organizations. How does he bounce around?
Columbus is looking to move him. If they do, the next team will be his third.

A 27 year old who has scored 45 goals and keeps getting traded is a problem.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
  #908
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
This would be a.great move Imo. The.guy is.young and can flat out score. He is.Proven in our conference.

People dwell on the fact that he's. Not thriving on the worst team in the league????
stupid! Let him have his breakout playoff performance with the NYR!!!!
In all fairness, he has Slats written all over him. Big name. Good stats. Very overrated, but can be had cheap which potentially can make Slats look good.

Ville Leino fits that bill to. Let's see if Slats has changed or not.

Ola is online now  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:58 AM
  #909
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,006
vCash: 500
Why cant we go after like a veteran goal scorer? Is Teemu available?

I just dont want to commit to that salary

poeman is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 10:59 AM
  #910
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
In all fairness, he has Slats written all over him. Big name. Good stats. Very overrated, but can be had cheap which potentially can make Slats look good.

Ville Leino fits that bill to. Let's see if Slats has changed or not.
Exactly. There were no tears shed in Philly when Carter left, and I don't think Columbus fans would care either.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:00 AM
  #911
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Columbus is looking to move him. If they do, the next team will be his third.

A 27 year old who has scored 45 goals and keeps getting traded is a problem.
He doesn't want ti be there because he just signed basically a career long, cap friendly contract with the team that draftef himthen they dealt him before his NTC kicked in.

Its not like he was dealt to a Stanley Cup contender, but to one of the perennially bad teams in the league. His attitude/party rumors may be true but I'd be pissed/disgruntled too if that happened to me.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:03 AM
  #912
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Why cant we go after like a veteran goal scorer? Is Teemu available?

I just dont want to commit to that salary
The Ducks are in the thick if the West's playoff race and he doesn't want to be traded. Unless they go on a big losing streak before the deadline and he says he wants to be dealr, he's not available. Same goes for Smyth.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:07 AM
  #913
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You act like he's been on five different teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
He's been in two organizations. How does he bounce around?
The reason he was traded was because of locker room problems. Bad influence on the young guys coming up.

Kel Varnsen is online now  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:11 AM
  #914
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
He doesn't want ti be there because he just signed basically a career long, cap friendly contract with the team that draftef himthen they dealt him before his NTC kicked in.

Its not like he was dealt to a Stanley Cup contender, but to one of the perennially bad teams in the league. His attitude/party rumors may be true but I'd be pissed/disgruntled too if that happened to me.
Let's stay away from guys who need people to make excuses why they're playing bad or have a bad attitude.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
  #915
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
I think Nash will either get traded to LA or not traded at all. I can`t see us landing him imo.

Dredden is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
  #916
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Let's stay away from guys who need people to make excuses why they're playing bad or have a bad attitude.
Not saying I want the guy. Also if he wasn't hurt for the first quarter of the season or so, he'd still plot over 30 goals. I think he is on pace for 31 over an 82 game season. Still not the best in the world, but 30 goals us nothing to laugh at.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:18 AM
  #917
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
I think Nash will either get traded to LA or not traded at all. I can`t see us landing him imo.
Howson wont get as much in the summer. He will unload BOTH Carter and Nash this week. Carter fits LA better. Nash fits NYR better. TOR could be the only spoiler, they can use Nash as well.

94now is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
  #918
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Pass on Carter. Please.

A young, talented guy who bounces around organizations for a reason. His performance against the Rangers on Sunday was awful. No heart whatsoever, and he knows the Rangers are scouting the game looking for players.

Keep Carter away.
Carter scored 3 more goals than the entire Rangers team last night. Just sayin...

SPG is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:24 AM
  #919
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
The reason he was traded was because of locker room problems. Bad influence on the young guys coming up.
The reason he was traded was because of Pronger.

ECL is online now  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:29 AM
  #920
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,922
vCash: 500
I think if the Rangers added Carter there are enough guys on this team to keep him in line. Also people do tend to mature as they get older. He wouldn't be the primary focus here. More attention would be paid to Lundqvist, Gaborik, Richards, and probably Callahan.

He could move to the LW and play on a line with Richards and Callahan. That contract us just killer though, but his cap hit is pretty good.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
  #921
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Carter scored 3 more goals than the entire Rangers team last night. Just sayin...
Grass is green. Just sayin...

Kel Varnsen is online now  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
  #922
Gabotrick
Registered User
 
Gabotrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
I think Nash will either get traded to LA or not traded at all. I can`t see us landing him imo.
Wishful thinking

Gabotrick is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:31 AM
  #923
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The reason he was traded was because of Pronger.
This, too.

Carter's not a great locker room guy but the vibe I got was that egomaniac Pronger wanted it to be HIS team.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:31 AM
  #924
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Grass is green. Just sayin...
What's your point? Appreciate the poor attempt at humor... maybe next time, add something of value to the discussion?

SPG is offline  
Old
02-22-2012, 11:32 AM
  #925
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,508
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The reason he was traded was because of Pronger.
and the need to create room for a goalie which is hysterical cause they still need a goalie.

pld459666 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.