HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When does Brendl get his shot.....

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2006, 01:36 AM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Saw him play a few times, hes got NO heart.

A lot of skill, zero heart. Hardly any effort. Theres a reason he went from NYR to Philly to Carolina to you guys in 3/4 seasons....

Old
01-17-2006, 02:22 AM
bleedgreen

canes fan here.

first of all, brendl did the necessary work to make the canes this year. he wasnt fat and lazy, he gave it his all. he got beat out on a team that had 6 or 7 guys going for two spots - after whitney and stillman got signed things got a little tight on the wings. you have vasicek/williams/cole/stillma/whitney/kadams all with guarenteed spots. then you had guys like vrbata/brendl/zigomanis(played out of his mind preseason)/boulerice/larose/ladd competeing for fourth line duties...and brendl is no fourth liner. if the lockout hadnt happened, he wouldve been set. post lockout he had too much competition that played the up tempo style lavi is going to live or die by. work ethic isnt an issue with brendls speed any more than it is for shanny or luc r....he just isnt fast and this team plays fast. lavi probably had it in his head that pavel couldnt keep up, especially for the fourth line role he wouldve had to have accepted.

the last time brendl played pro, it was for a strech with the canes last season prior to the lockout. im here to tell ya....he was outstanding. it was his best showing as a pro. i forget what his points were like, but they were decent anywhere - but outstanding considering how offensively inept that team was. if he kept up those pts all season he wouldve been our leading scorer. his shot is amongst the best in the game, im not joking. what i hadnt realized before was how good a passer he is. he has that ability to slow the game down, drawing people to him while waiting till the right moment to find an open teamate. if you give this guy a top two line shot, and just leave him there for a month regardless of how well he does at first - he will pay off huge. his problem has always been that in each and every callup he has had... its been youve got a game, maybe two to show you can score then we're going to ride you about work ethic...lack of production...blah blah. other high prospects that didnt have as many questions coming in are allowed months of unproductive play without question in the name of development, but not brendl. he always has to put up immediatly or all the questions come up.

if he hadnt gotten drilled by mccabe(which ended that last stint with the canes), or hadnt been passed over because of the lockout he would be imo a top 6 forward for the canes this year. he had earned it, but never got the chance to enjoy it. this could be a real steal for you guys, kolanos may be usefull, but he isnt on the same level as brendl. give this gyu a legit chance and you will be rewarded. as for the previous poster -youre wrong, he played with a bunch of heart in carolina.

Old
01-17-2006, 03:16 AM
GarretJoseph*

he played with no heart WHEN I SAW him. read what I write, not what you think I wrote.

With the NYR he had no heart.

Old
01-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
As someone who has not seen him play since junior I can't contributre much to this.

But seems to me sevensteen says HE BELIEVES Brendl can turn it around. And his posts clearly say he thinks that, that it is his opinion. If that is his opinion he is entitled to it. Just as anyone else can have the opposite thought.

I am not about to think he has turned anything around until I see it at the NHL level.

Old
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

I think most Coyote fans will keep an open mind on Brendl and are hoping that he pans out. That being said, we want him to earn his shot as he carries a big price tag at his salary and we run the risk of losing him to waivers in the event that he doesn't pan out with the big team.

Old
01-18-2006, 11:29 AM
RangerFan_48

Exactly how many different teams does this guy have to be traded to before he finally "breaks out"?

Old
01-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan_48
Exactly how many different teams does this guy have to be traded to before he finally "breaks out"?
We hope he breaks out. That's different from expecting it to happen. If he doesn't, what are we out?

Old
01-19-2006, 02:21 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph
he played with no heart WHEN I SAW him. read what I write, not what you think I wrote.

With the NYR he had no heart.
i read what you wrote. you wrote he had no heart. i dont THINK you wrote it - i just looked up a few posts and read it. he didnt play with heart in his few games with rangers a few years ago. fine. with the canes it wasnt a problem. thats all i said.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
RangerFan_48

Then why does he keep being traded and sent down to the minors?

Old
01-20-2006, 02:06 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan_48
Then why does he keep being traded and sent down to the minors?
please read my first post, i dont feel like repeating.

Old
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
TexSen

Went to the Rampage/Rivermen game at the SBC/AT&T center on Friday night.

First time I have seen Brendl play live. Either he doesn't have a second gear or he chooses not to use it.

Call it heart, ethic, laziness or maybe he just doesn't have that extra step.....to my eyes it just seemed like he was playing at one tempo, one speed the whole night.

This won't get you back into the NHL.

My two cents.

Closed Thread