HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets vs. Lightning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2012, 12:20 PM
  #1
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 264
Jets vs. Lightning

JustGivingEr will have the GDT up tomorrow morning. Is there anyone else just chomping at the bit, who can't wait for the game tomorrow? I'm beyond anxious to see how the Jets will respond.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 PM
  #2
bigplay41
BIG MEECH
 
bigplay41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
my heart aches still

bigplay41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:24 PM
  #3
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 50
Very interested to see how the team responds.

What's the mood in the TB lockeroom? Are they upset with Stevie Y dealing away NHL players while they are only a few points back?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:26 PM
  #4
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,724
vCash: 500

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
  #5
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
JustGivingEr will have the GDT up tomorrow morning. Is there anyone else just chomping at the bit, who can't wait for the game tomorrow? I'm beyond anxious to see how the Jets will respond.
I predict: angry. TB better be ready.


YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
  #6
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
my heart aches still
Mine too. Maybe it's just heartburn though, this ****** coffee at work gives me bad reflux.

I've never seen a crowd go from ecstatic to despondent so quickly after that Simmonds goal, it was like a balloon being popped. Even through the OT, the crowd seemed half-hearted in their cheering. Nobody seemed surprised or even that upset when Jagr scored.

Ok, enough dwelling on that loss. Jets are still sitting in pretty good position, 5-2-1 since that loss in Montreal where it looked like they hit rock bottom. I hope each and every one of the Jets 18 skaters feels obliged to make it up to Pavelec after that performance in front of him.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
  #7
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Mine too. Maybe it's just heartburn though, this ****** coffee at work gives me bad reflux.

I've never seen a crowd go from ecstatic to despondent so quickly after that Simmonds goal, it was like a balloon being popped. Even through the OT, the crowd seemed half-hearted in their cheering. Nobody seemed surprised or even that upset when Jagr scored.

Ok, enough dwelling on that loss. Jets are still sitting in pretty good position, 5-2-1 since that loss in Montreal where it looked like they hit rock bottom. I hope each and every one of the Jets 18 skaters feels obliged to make it up to Pavelec after that performance in front of him.
I agree, each and every Jet skater should have apologized to Pavelec yesterday.

Saying that, should we expect to see Mason get the start tomorrow and Pavelec on Saturday?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
  #8
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I agree, each and every Jet skater should have apologized to Pavelec yesterday.
\former goalie on

I'd personally be pissed if a teammate apologized. Heck, if they even tried to talk to me after that game. Spare me that crap, show me how sorry you are by playing a dominant game vs. TB, and the game after that, and so on.

\former goalie off

And regarding who should start Huffer, I would ride Pavelec for the rest of this homestand. He's hot, and you've got to ride the hot goalie right now. For as good as Mason has been this year, IMO he's looked a bit shaky in his past few outings. Pavelec playing this well should give your team so much confidence.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  #9
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I agree, each and every Jet skater should have apologized to Pavelec yesterday.

Saying that, should we expect to see Mason get the start tomorrow and Pavelec on Saturday?
I hope so. The TBL game is winnable and Pavelec has the hot hand right now.

The STL game is going to be tough, plus they're Mason's old team.

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
  #10
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad
 
Gnova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jetland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 50
Blah blah blah must win blah blah blah

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
  #11
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
\former goalie on

I'd personally be pissed if a teammate apologized. Heck, if they even tried to talk to me after that game. Spare me that crap, show me how sorry you are by playing a dominant game vs. TB, and the game after that, and so on.

\former goalie off

And regarding who should start Huffer, I would ride Pavelec for the rest of this homestand. He's hot, and you've got to ride the hot goalie right now. For as good as Mason has been this year, IMO he's looked a bit shaky in his past few outings. Pavelec playing this well should give your team so much confidence.
Thanks for the response. I myself would have found it hard to NOT say something to Pavelec after the game. It wouldn't have to have been flashy, or in-front of the whole team, but I know I would have found a way to privately pat him on the back to let him know how much I thought of his game, and that we would do all we could to have his back next time. I agree that like you said talk is cheap, but I just know that me personally, I couldn't let a teammate walk out of the building without saying anything.

I like your position on playing Pavelec again. IF the coaching staff feels like he's not getting tired or run down (50 shots??), then at this stage of the game and the way he's playing, it's hard to not ride your #1.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:37 PM
  #12
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,694
vCash: 50
If we can tightly check their top 2 lines, we should be able to come out with a win.

Plus scoring first on TB is huge, due to the 1-3-1 that they like using.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:08 PM
  #13
Martin21
Registered User
 
Martin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
I don't see why they wouldn't ride Pavelec for the foreseeable future. They have days off between games with a optional practice today.

The whole saying he'll get tired/50 shots excuse doesn't really work.

We shouldn't worry about Pavs being physically exhausted. It's the mental exhaustion that is hard for goalies. For a goalie your mental game is just as if not more important then your skill set. And right now Pavs is in the zone.

Martin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:08 PM
  #14
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 31,971
vCash: 50
If we lose I declare us sellers



7 out of 8 points is good so far.

I said 12 minimum in the 8 games to keep in the playoff hunt.

Making progress so far.

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
  #15
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,243
vCash: 50
Jets have a good shot at this one. Should be fired up after letting one get away. TB hearts may not be in it 100% in light of recent trades. Missing Captain Vinny...out indefinitely with a broken hand.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
  #16
cheswick
Non-registered User
 
cheswick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,895
vCash: 574
Mason
7-6-2
0.910
2.30

Pavs
22-20-10
0.911
2.77

They're stats are similar. Could be argued Mason faces lesser competition but in terms of play I haven't seen that much seperating the two. Theyve both had some bad games and both stole some games.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
  #17
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Jets have a good shot at this one. Should be fired up after letting one get away. TB hearts may not be in it 100% in light of recent trades. Missing Captain Vinny...out indefinitely with a broken hand.
On the flip side, that may fire them up too - if Y is making deals such as the Downie deal, it sends a signal to the dressing room. They may feel they have something to prove. They have some good pieces - it's a game that worries me.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
  #18
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
On the flip side, that may fire them up too - if Y is making deals such as the Downie deal, it sends a signal to the dressing room. They may feel they have something to prove. They have some good pieces - it's a game that worries me.
Except in all realism the only players we really need to watch out for on their team are Stamkos and St. Louis.

Stay on top of those guys and we have a good shot at winning.

Edit and Garon I guess, I seem to recall him being fairly good against us.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
  #19
Westender
Flying W
 
Westender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pine Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Mason
7-6-2
0.910
2.30

Pavs
22-20-10
0.911
2.77

They're stats are similar. Could be argued Mason faces lesser competition but in terms of play I haven't seen that much seperating the two. Theyve both had some bad games and both stole some games.
The difference seems to be that the team plays defence in front of Mason. He hasn't had to make 50 saves in a game.

Maybe Noel should send Pavelec out in a #50 jersey and not tell the team.

Westender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:30 PM
  #20
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 50
I'm completely over last nights game and the result. We got a point, we've got 7 of 8 points in our last 4 games, keep it going. Forget about it and move on, we're on a bit of a roll here and this homestand opportunity is too big to be sulking over a loss or picking apart things.

Next up, Tampa Bay. A win here and 2 points and nobody remembers getting 1 of 2 possible points vs. Philly. Keep the feelings and momentum positive and just keep going, one game at a time. We're in a prime position right now, we stand a chance, and our destiny is in our own hands.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=140320  8020
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
  #21
castle
HFBoards Sponsor
 
castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 747
vCash: 1700
I am totally over last night's game. I took my 7 year old daughter and she still left excited and happy. Although she appeared momentarily despondent after the tying goal and the OT goal, I had to pick her up, and so i think that had me focusing on the positive. There was a lot positive there. 4 goals again. 3 PP goals. Awesome goaltending. it's not all bad.

castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM
  #22
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,692
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm completely over last nights game and the result. We got a point, we've got 7 of 8 points in our last 4 games, keep it going. Forget about it and move on, we're on a bit of a roll here and this homestand opportunity is too big to be sulking over a loss or picking apart things.

Next up, Tampa Bay. A win here and 2 points and nobody remembers getting 1 of 2 possible points vs. Philly. Keep the feelings and momentum positive and just keep going, one game at a time. We're in a prime position right now, we stand a chance, and our destiny is in our own hands.
Says it all. Like I said yesterday after the game in the GDT, i calculated with 2 losses on the home stand. One of them being against the Flyers. Getting 1 point instead of none is even better than I calculated YES we did lead the game and actually should have won it at the end if Buff clears the blue paint in the last 6 seconds... but you have to admit that Philly deserved that win big time after the whole 60 minutes.

Let's look ahead and get focused for Tampa. We will win this one.

GermanJetsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
  #23
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,847
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
(...) ..our destiny is in our own hands.
I hope it's not these hands:


YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:43 PM
  #24
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander
 
Blackie Dammit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Interlake
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 50
Any word on Bogo for Thursday? I really hope he's in & Jones is out

Blackie Dammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
  #25
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningwood View Post
Any word on Bogo for Thursday? I really hope he's in & Jones is out
It's not looking great to be honest. It's still possible, but even given today's optional practice and skate, Bogo skated away from the team.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.