HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash-ty Rumors Part IV: The Longest Week

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Some more great value to this discussion by the all-knowing Kel Varnsen. LOL!

Thanks for the laugh, kiddo.
Pretending something is funny when you're nailed only comes across as desperate

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's sad how easily a players reputation is destroyed. He likes to party, but you'd be hard pressed to find many guys in their twenties that don't.

He's getting the minutes that Dubinsky used to get, but he's the redundant one? Not sure how that works.
*raises hand*

im not a partier... neither was my fiancee, and i know shes telling the truth, we both have very similar personalities.

anyways, thats neither here nor there, i dont give a damn if he does lines of coke on prostitutes stomachs as long as he puts up 30-40 goals.

Old
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

I can't believe people think Miller is a deal breaker.

I would certinily give him up for Nash. In a heartbeat. He's still got a long way to go to get to the NHL and he is nowhere near a lock.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's getting the minutes that Dubinsky used to get, but he's the redundant one? Not sure how that works.
He has a little chemistry with Gaborik and Stepan right now, that's all. Just a few games ago he was getting 4th line minutes. Dubinsky is the better player, both now and in the future. He also fits the mold of our team better, and plays more naturally at LW than Anisimov does. If the perceived values from our trading partner are equal, I give up Anisimov over Dubinsky without a second thought.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
i dont watch him a whole lot, but he was VERY underwhelming in the WJC...barely noticed he was out there.
To be fair, Stepan did not even take part the first season after he was drafted.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm sure the organization was really high at one point on Jessiman and Sangs.
Yeah so I guess that means all our first round picks for now on have no value. Come on.

MDZ and Staal were also first round picks the organization was and still is very high on.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I agree with this post but will go further and state that it's not even JUST about THIS season but next season as well...

As long as McD, MDZ, Kreider and Miller are not moved I'm good.

Dubinsky and any 2 other prospects and a 1st rounder (2nd rounder if it's both Erixon and McIlrath) for Nash and I am fine with that...
I don't see how a deal is done without one of Miller or Kreider going if McD and MDZ are kept out of it.

The best price NYR can hope for is Dubi + McIlrath + Miller or Kreider + 1st.

They probably want Erixon and Kreider as the 2 prospects included. Can't blame Sather for resisting moving both. One will probably have to go to get it done. I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jeff Carter? Where have the Rangers ever been linked to Carter? Look at that contract. LA is the only team willing to take that term.
This is exactly why it's unlikely Nash goes to LA. Columbus wants to rid themselves of Carter and LA can't take both. If Columbus can get a suitable package from somebody else for Nash, LA takes Carter. If Nash goes to LA, Columbus may be stuck with Carter and they don't want that. Columbus is trying to steer Nash away from LA so that they can move Carter there.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
To be fair, Stepan did not even take part the first season after he was drafted.
He wasn't a highly touted first round pick either though.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

Old
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
JanErixon20

Quote:
no, i was paying attention thank you very much.

Sure, he was physical, and sure he put up some points, 1/2 of which he put up in the shellacking against Denmark...but on a shift by shift basis, he looked slow, not really all that much of a difference maker. You never really looked at him and said...man that kid is having a great game...week...tournament.

ppl have these blinders on that just because a kid is drafted by us means he MUST have had a good tournament while everyone else sucked. sometimes, everyone sucks, even our kid.

1 tournament does not a career make, i havent watched him at all in juniors, so im basing whether he is untradeable or not on a very small, probably very biased sample size, but it's all I have to work with, and, imho, he was very pedestrian at the WJC.

btw, Chris Kreider, as an 18 year old, led team USA in goal scoring, so this whole, 18 year old in a tournament with 19 year olds, is moot.
I didn't see any of the WJC this year, but I did see all of the TC games in September. I thought Miller was very impressive in that tournament, one of their better forwards.

He was good in one not good in the other, probably not uncommon for a young player.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan87 View Post
Who cares. The Stanely Cup is more important. Not having a decent team in 5 years and still not being able to win the cup.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
He has a little chemistry with Gaborik and Stepan right now, that's all. Just a few games ago he was getting 4th line minutes. Dubinsky is the better player, both now and in the future. He also fits the mold of our team better, and plays more naturally at LW than Anisimov does. If the perceived values from our trading partner are equal, I give up Anisimov over Dubinsky without a second thought.
Yeah, I'd give up Anisimov before Dubinsky as well. But I really don't want to trade either for Nash's contract and if we give up Arty instead we'll have even less cap space. But overall, Dubinsky is a better player. Trade Arty while his value is high.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Who cares. The Stanely Cup is more important. Not having a decent team in 5 years and still not being able to win the cup.
Nash doesn't guaruntee a cup. That type of thinking has gotten the Rangers into trouble before.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
*raises hand*

im not a partier... neither was my fiancee, and i know shes telling the truth, we both have very similar personalities.

anyways, thats neither here nor there, i dont give a damn if he does lines of coke on prostitutes stomachs as long as he puts up 30-40 goals.
NERRRRD!!!! ...kidding.

Sorry, I should have qualified that with "millionaires in their twenties." I'm also not a big party person and I'm 28.

Old
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
Nash doesn't guaruntee a cup. That type of thinking has gotten the Rangers into trouble before.
No it doesn't guaruntee anything of course, but it gives us a much better shot.

And the last time the Rangers had a team anywhere near this good was in 93-94 and we made some big trades at that deadline, and what happened after that is history..

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Vermette was in the first year of a four-year, $14 million contract. He is signed through the 2014-15 season with a $3.75 million cap hit.

"This gives us more flexibility," Howson said. "It's never fun trading anybody. I don't think any GM enjoys that. But this is about us moving the team forward."
http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...o-phoenix.html

More flexibility to give out another bad contract this summer.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:48 PM
vbman09

vCash: 100
I think Carter makes more sense, He played in the Eastern Conference and put up good numbers on a decent team. One bad egg wont break this teams chemistry. In Fact He would be going from the last place team in the east to the First place team overall. His cap hit is ok, the length is bad but I also think the NHL might copy the NBA in that when the new CBA is agreed on it might have an amnesty clause in it. So if we where to get Carter and he turns out to be a problem maybe we can just buy his ass out and let him walk ala Chauncey Billiups

Old
02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbman09 View Post
I think Carter makes more sense, He played in the Eastern Conference and put up good numbers on a decent team. One bad egg wont break this teams chemistry. In Fact He would be going from the last place team in the east to the First place team overall. His cap hit is ok, the length is bad but I also think the NHL might copy the NBA in that when the new CBA is agreed on it might have an amnesty clause in it. So if we where to get Carter and he turns out to be a problem maybe we can just buy his ass out and let him walk ala Chauncey Billiups
No thanks, I'll pay the other guy an extra 2 million a year who is 10x the player of Carter.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
He was bumped down in the lineup, and earned his way back onto that line within a game or two. Dubinsky has been middling on the 3rd line for the better part of the season. While Dubinsky is better at faceoffs, and brings more physicality, I'd take the rest of Anisimov's game over Dubinsky's pretty easily.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
JanErixon20

Just my opinion: I don't see the Rangers going all out this season. Reason being is they are ahead of schedule as far as winning. Did anyone think they'd have the 2nd or 3rd best record in the NHL at this point this year? I didn't. I had them as a 4-6 team, getting to the 2nd round and maybe a little further. I thought they'd be a realistic Cup contender next year and definitely the year after.

Tortorella/Sather keep talking about their plan for this team....I don't see them breaking the bank for one good run. They're building something and maybe they don't want to mess with what they have.

Now that could change this summer with UFA, but I don't think they'll go nuts and make some big trade. I could be wrong, of course....

Old
02-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

Quote:

And the last time the Rangers had a team anywhere near this good was in 93-94 and we made some big trades at that deadline, and what happened after that is history..
That team was completely different than this one. They weren't as young. Plenty of people contend that those trades in '94 did more damage than anything. I don't really have an opinion on those trades, however. The attitude of not caring about the future scares me.

The idea of expecting 93-94 results, just because they make a trade is too much of a gambler's fallacy for me to get on board.

Also if we are going to use them as an example:

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...for-rick-nash/

Quote:
“When you look at it on the surface, it looks like too big a change, because that player is going to be such an integral part of the team,” Neil Smith said. “It seems like a massive change. With our changes, although large in numbers, there was nobody was going in and upsetting what had really be the core of the team that got you there. Nobody’s ice-time was drastically affected by what we did.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:54 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Because while Dubi is having a down season, One year doesn't make the player.

Dubinsky, even while slumping offensively is a great pk'er, a solid physical player and regardless of this one particular season is good for 40+ points per season.

40+ points per season with an ability to post 55 points while playing a physical brand of solid defensive hockey is a valuable asset.

The mind-set that some have that because he has JUST 6 goals that he has no, to limited value is astonishing.

The reason Howson is asking for the sun, moon and stars is because Nash (the last 4 years) is an average 35 goal/70 point scoring forward. His stats this season may not bear that out, but that is who the player is.

And in the same breath, one can state that Dubinsky is also much better than his stats this year would indicate and such he HAS value.
When you trade someone will on a down year you have to give up more than that. If Dubbi, then be prepared to lose MCD and Kreider too! You cant just say ok we will give you 3 garbage players for 1 good one! How about Dubbi, Kreider, MCD and Miller!
I like how people say let give Dubbi, wolski, oh and maybe we will throw in a mid level prospect, i mean common!

Old
02-22-2012, 12:55 PM
JanErixon20

Quote:

Different circumstances in '94. That was an all or nothing type of team, trying to win the Cup for the first time since you know when. This team is nowhere near that type of scenario.

It was worth trading guys like Amonte, Weight (although he was the year before), etc., to win the Cup. It's not worth it this time around.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Dubi is payed more than double what AA is. This team will have to make a hard decision or two down the road if they pick up Nash's cap hit. If they do it by trading AA instead of Dubi for him, it is likely to be this summer. Dubi's contract has to go if Nash comes to NY. Otherwise, you give up AA now for Nash and then wind up moving Dubi's contract for a pick / prospect this summer.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Jumbo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section 409 View Post
That team was completely different than this one. They weren't as young. Plenty of people contend that those trades in '94 did more damage than anything. I don't really have an opinion on those trades, however. The attitude of not caring about the future scares me.

The idea of expecting 93-94 results, just because they make a trade is too much of a gambler's fallacy for me to get on board.

Also if we are going to use them as an example:

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...for-rick-nash/

We wouldnt be destorying out future. Destorying our future would be trading away our top 5 prospects together. Trading away one of Kreider or Erixon is not going to kill the team in the long run by any means.

That team was very similiar. You had a mid 20's goalie, you had your core players in their mid to late 20's. You had young defenseman in Zubov/Leetch (Girardi/McD).

That team isn't as different as you may think..

Closed Thread