HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Frans Nielsen to BUF at the Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
  #26
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
I give up. All I wanted to know was his realistic value, out of curiosity. Didn't realize that that was such a problem.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
  #27
Noreaster96
Registered User
 
Noreaster96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
I give up. All I wanted to know was his realistic value, out of curiosity. Didn't realize that that was such a problem.
In all fairness why the heck would we know what "Realistic Value" is for him... we have no idea how other GM's view him in their minds or even how Snow views him... If you're going by similar players being traded then look them up yourself, but if you're looking for "Realistic Value" why would you ask on a HFboards thread where 99% of the proposals are insane ...and the points dont matter

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
  #28
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
In all fairness why the heck would we know what "Realistic Value" is for him... we have no idea how other GM's view him in their minds or even how Snow views him... If you're going by similar players being traded then look them up yourself, but if you're looking for "Realistic Value" why would you ask on a HFboards thread where 99% of the proposals are insane ...and the points dont matter
For ***** & Giggles? Sheesh. And here I was thinking that the "Value of:" threads had a purpose. Forgive me for trying to talk hockey on a hockey forum...

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:34 AM
  #29
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
We get Nielsen, but we have to pay a crew to help clean up the Nassau Coliseum.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
  #30
Chairman Wang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Portugal
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
Apologies for trying to gauge realistic value. How silly of me not to expect demands for Myers or Roy +, because overpayment always means "absurd trade that even NHL '12 GMs would reject."

As for the bolded, that is the whole point of this thread. If you didn't want to discuss it, why post in it?

I foolishly figured that I could avoid the inevitable outcome of all posts on the trade forum. I guess not so I'll play along...

Nielsen is an exceptional two-way 3rd line player and even better special teams player. His shootout skills alone win the Isles AT LEAST 5 games a year. The organization has shown a commitment to him by signing a long term deal. Nielsen has shown a commitment to the Isles by signing below market value.

Now what would make the Isles interested in trading him (I can't speak for the Isles organization) but in my opinion the only thing that I could see being of interest would be:

Need #1 - A top four D-man (Would love a Hamonic clone here)

Need #2 - A quality two-way second line center

Is Nielsen worth either of those, probably not but. Therefore, it would stand to reason that the only way Nielsen will get traded is if someone OVERPAYS for him (and we all know NO ONE on HFboards overpays) or if Nielsen is part of a package for one of the above.

Personally, I am not interested in Roy so I won't address him. I am also not interested in trading Nielsen for a package of players or picks because of the Isles current prospect depth. So Sekera+ will not work.

So now I throw it back to you what else would it take in addition to Nielsen to get Tyler Myers?

My only untouchables are Tavares and Hamonic.

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
  #31
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll
 
flyingpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pay the troll toll
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Of course it was an irrational trade for the sabres. What part of "more than you would want to give up" was not clear?

More than you want to give up and totally unrealistic are two different things.

Your fellow Islander fan suggests that a decent, but not spectacular player on a good contract is worth the overpayment of a player who borders on untouchable and potentially comes along once in a franchise history. (ie...Chara when he was an Isle....)

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
  #32
Noreaster96
Registered User
 
Noreaster96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
For ***** & Giggles? Sheesh. And here I was thinking that the "Value of:" threads had a purpose. Forgive me for trying to talk hockey on a hockey forum...


How about you make an actual offer then, and lets talk hockey if our proposals are so ridiculous

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
  #33
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Buf:
Nielsen
PA Parenteau

NYI
Roy
Sekara
3rd

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:01 PM
  #34
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 16,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
Define "a ton"
McNabb and Pysak

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
  #35
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 38,152
vCash: 50
I'm gonna take a stab and say Sekera, 1st, Prospect?

Thoughts?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
  #36
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Buf:
Nielsen
PA Parenteau

NYI
Roy
Sekara
3rd
60-70 point center, top 4 d and a pick for a 40 point defensive center and a 28 (29 next month) year old winger with 35 career goals?

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:17 PM
  #37
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 38,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
60-70 point center, top 4 d and a pick for a 40 point defensive center and a 28 (29 next month) year old winger with 35 career goals?
This is what Garth would ask for, Nielsen is very important to this team. He wants to be here, he's money in the shootouts, is our best PKer, and can play the second line centerman position despite many wanting him on the third. THEREFORE massive overpayment.

I don't understand why some people don't listen to us when we say this type of stuff

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 PM
  #38
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
This is what Garth would ask for, Nielsen is very important to this team. He wants to be here, he's money in the shootouts, is our best PKer, and can play the second line centerman position despite many wanting him on the third. THEREFORE massive overpayment.

I don't understand why some people don't listen to us when we say this type of stuff
We don't understand because you Islanders fans don't make sense. Sure Nielsen is good defensively, his backhand in the shootout is solid and he's great at getting trucked by Brayden McNabb. The offensive stars like Roy make the big bucks and have higher value than a 40 point defensive forward.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
  #39
Islander Prophet
Registered User
 
Islander Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
aint happening unless a massive overpayment is given

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:26 PM
  #40
seafoam
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 38,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
We don't understand because you Islanders fans don't make sense. Sure Nielsen is good defensively, his backhand in the shootout is solid and he's great at getting trucked by Brayden McNabb. The offensive stars like Roy make the big bucks and have higher value than a 40 point defensive forward.
Derek Roy has attitude problems and isn't he a UFA at the end of the year?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
  #41
LongWayDown37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Roy has another year on his contract - and the idea that he has attitude problems is speculation only. I've never heard anyone with any authority on that matter actually state it.

LongWayDown37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
  #42
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
60-70 point center, top 4 d and a pick for a 40 point defensive center and a 28 (29 next month) year old winger with 35 career goals?
Wow! Only selecting stats that barely show your argument. How about the fact that he is 5th inthe entire league in assists with 42, or that he is 20th in the league in pts with 12g-42a-54pts compared to Roys 13g-21-a-34pts. How about that fact that PAP and Roy are only 6 weeks apart in age.

How about the fact that Nielsen and Roy have similar stats for this season. Nielsen has 13g-16-29pts. One more goal and 5 less assists. Nielsen is also a year younger than Roy


Last edited by KrisBeKreame: 02-22-2012 at 12:56 PM.
KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
  #43
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Derek Roy has attitude problems and isn't he a UFA at the end of the year?
How does he have an attitude problem? No he's not a UFA until after next season.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
  #44
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Wow! Only selecting stats that barely show your argument. How about the fact that he is 5th inthe entire league in assists with 42, or that he is 20th in the league in pts with 12g-42a-54pts compared to Roys 13g-21-a-34pts. How about that fact that PAP and Roy are only 6 weeks apart in age.

How about the fact that Nielsen and Roy have similar stats for this season. Nielsen has 13g-16-29pts. One more goal and 5 less assists. Nielsen is also a year younger than Roy
Yet Roy has proven for years that he's a really good player and PA just now look like a good NHL'er. Roy is having one bad year(like everyone in Buffalo), but he's a proven center who's had 81 points in a season on 4 million dollar contract. Also look at Derek's play lately 2g 4a +6 in his last three and points in 5 straight, he's starting to warm up.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
  #45
Noreaster96
Registered User
 
Noreaster96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
I would love to add Roy... but not at the expense of Nielsen... the fact of the matter is that the Isles have zero incentive to move him (which would be why his value is REALISTICALLY very high)... if he were an UFA, then yes im sure they would certainly entertain offers for him, but he's signed to a long term team friendly contract. The Islanders have a ton of center depth coming up through the system in Czikas, Nelson in addition to others and the players already on the team... By the time Nielsen's contract is up, he could very well be redundant and therefore expendable, but attm he is not which is why youd need to realistically pay a kings ransom to get him

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
  #46
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,974
vCash: 500
Honestly I don't see a fit here. Islanders need is a young top 4 D. And besides Myers there isn't anyone I want back there.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
  #47
Fist of Fury
Wang Chung
 
Fist of Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Buf:
Nielsen
PA Parenteau

NYI
Roy
Sekara
3rd
Done. I don't care.

Fist of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
  #48
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Honestly I don't see a fit here. Islanders need is a young top 4 D. And besides Myers there isn't anyone I want back there.
Buffalo has tons of young D men, none that are top 4 right now, but the Islanders are along way from contending anyways.

Gauthheir-Leduc 19
Pysyk 20
McNabb 21
Brennan 22
Schiestel 22
Finley 24
Weber 24
Gragnani 24

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:56 PM
  #49
Evgeni Giroux
Registered User
 
Evgeni Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
someone end this thread, obviously the Isles arn't trading Neilson and quite frankly I wouldnt give up a whole lot for him. This is a case of more value to the Isles than any other team. He is a 3rd line center on a good team

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:06 PM
  #50
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Wang View Post
I foolishly figured that I could avoid the inevitable outcome of all posts on the trade forum. I guess not so I'll play along...

Nielsen is an exceptional two-way 3rd line player and even better special teams player. His shootout skills alone win the Isles AT LEAST 5 games a year. The organization has shown a commitment to him by signing a long term deal. Nielsen has shown a commitment to the Isles by signing below market value.

Now what would make the Isles interested in trading him (I can't speak for the Isles organization) but in my opinion the only thing that I could see being of interest would be:

Need #1 - A top four D-man (Would love a Hamonic clone here)

Need #2 - A quality two-way second line center

Is Nielsen worth either of those, probably not but. Therefore, it would stand to reason that the only way Nielsen will get traded is if someone OVERPAYS for him (and we all know NO ONE on HFboards overpays) or if Nielsen is part of a package for one of the above.

Personally, I am not interested in Roy so I won't address him. I am also not interested in trading Nielsen for a package of players or picks because of the Isles current prospect depth. So Sekera+ will not work.

So now I throw it back to you what else would it take in addition to Nielsen to get Tyler Myers?

My only untouchables are Tavares and Hamonic.
For Myers? The asking price would probably be Tavares and Nielsen. I know you wouldn't want to give up Tavares as he is an untouchable, but the sabres have already turned down an offer of Getzlaf for Myers, earlier in the year...so unfortunately, probably the only way to keep Buffalo on the Phone while asking for Myers would be to bring him into the conversation, and probably add....(Im not saying that it is or is not a fair price, just going on what is most likely to be what they ask, based on their past discussions about moving him.)

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.