HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs interested in JVR

Old
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
JVR needs to find his fire and he will be great...

Speaking of fire in a skilled player... this video gives me chills and helps me remember just how dominate Forsberg was... a player that had EVERYTHING. IMO he is the best player to play the game... I dont mean that in points or goals.. just a FORCE on the ice that made **** happen on every shift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtrQ1YrCzw

^ THIS IS PLAYING WITH A FIRE (take notes jeff carter)
I still prefer Lindros over Forsberg.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
JVR needs to find his fire and he will be great...

Speaking of fire in a skilled player... this video gives me chills and helps me remember just how dominate Forsberg was... a player that had EVERYTHING. IMO he is the best player to play the game... I dont mean that in points or goals.. just a FORCE on the ice that made **** happen on every shift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtrQ1YrCzw

^ THIS IS PLAYING WITH A FIRE (take notes jeff carter)
God I had chills watching that video, and not for certain parts, the whole thing. Giroux needs to watch these videos all the time and become the next Forsberg. He has the skill to do it and the hands. Not saying he is as good as Forsberg, but man he really is similar. I loved Forsberg, wish he was a Flyers for life instead a Av!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:45 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
God I had chills watching that video, and not for certain parts, the whole thing. Giroux needs to watch these videos all the time and become the next Forsberg. He has the skill to do it and the hands. Not saying he is as good as Forsberg, but man he really is similar. I loved Forsberg, wish he was a Flyers for life instead a Av!
I hope Giroux will shoot the puck more often than Forsberg did though. He "only" reached 30 goals in a season as a personal high. Considering the way he scored some of his goals that's much too low (half of the goals Forsberg scored seemed like high light reel types...)

Other than that, I agree with you. I loved watching Lindros in the 90's, but if I could undo that trade, I'd definitely do so.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:51 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I hope Giroux will shoot the puck more often than Forsberg did though. He "only" reached 30 goals in a season as a personal high. Considering the way he scored some of his goals that's much too low (half of the goals Forsberg scored seemed like high light reel types...)

Other than that, I agree with you. I loved watching Lindros in the 90's, but if I could undo that trade, I'd definitely do so.
Speaking of Giroux shooting...

He had 10 shots last night! I guess that's what happens when you put him with 2 grinders like Hartnell and Simmonds. No complaints though. Seemed to work well.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post

He had 10 shots last night! I guess that's what happens when you put him with 2 grinders like Hartnell and Simmonds. No complaints though. Seemed to work well.
He's been a lot better in this regard this season. For as much as we rag about him on here sometimes for the way he always passes the puck, he's already had more shots on goal this season than he had the previous one (173 to 169). He's also the guy on our team with the most shots (Hartnell and Simmonds being 2nd and 3rd)... A bit surprised about that actually.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I'd take JvR over Voracek every day of the week.
The beauty is, we have them BOTH!

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post

That's what I was thinking too. When Giroux plays with another creative, skilled player, Giroux plays like it's an All-Star game. But if he has two goonish trolls on his line, he has no other choice than to throw it on net.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The beauty is, we have them BOTH!
And they play great together! You can tell reemer really respects jake's talent level. He looks for him on the ice (and passes to him!)

If we could find a way to roll
JvR-Cooter-Voracek

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix View Post
You can only consistently get "playoff mode" JVR if it is always a "playoff atmosphere".

In the meantime, for most of the regular season, I would expect JVR to get continually better. (injuries aside)

His big games will always be at a higher level, though. He just seems to be that kind of player so far, and it isn't really a question of effort or physicality, but more of an "intangible".
And this is the thing people miss. It's a job for 82 games. There are spurts of intensity...in the POs guys rise up.

briere last night was AWESOME on the Jagr it goal...you don't see that forcheck effort from him each game...you do in the POs though.

And JVR has shown to elevate his game in WJCs, our playoff run last year...
He's only 22 years old, 1 full season, and half of this injured season, and not the clear #1 winger on a deep team.

Call me when he's 25 and not doing it. His hands, skating, and vision tell me otherwise.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Brozgalov

I really hope we don't trade JVR for the reasons pointed out above. He has barely had anytime to develop quite honestly and he has shown glimpses of brilliance. I think it would be a huge mistake to trade him away...

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote