HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha - Real Deal?

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
When a rookie is headed for 40+ goals, I'll bet yes.

01-19-2006, 11:04 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272
im still pushing my original configuration.

prucha nylander jagr
rucinsky straka sykora
nieminen rucchin ward
HMO
Nieminen Rucchin Ward can't play together for some reason. Prucha Straka and Jagr played well together before, just like Nieminen Nylander Ward.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Canadude*

Prucha is an interesting study; he can score goals by instincts and uncanny positioning. The guy is great at getting his stick into the right place. He is not an impact player on the other side of the puck most of the time and he rarely creates his own chances. He is basically a pure sniper with grit but shy on size. It will be interesting to see how his career works out. I think he could be great or he could become a flash in the pan. It really could go eithier way but right now he is simply blowing all expectations away and its really nice to see.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Levitate

well he CAN create his own chances, but he's just learned to pick his spots a lot better than early on. he's got some nifty moves and can beat guys 1 on 1, as well as speed to blow by guys in a foot race...but yeah he's found his most success by relying on his instincts and being in the right place at the right time

if he spent all game trying to beat guys, he wouldn't be nearly as good as he is now.

Old
01-20-2006, 12:00 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_chan02
Can rangers fans fill me in - Is Petr Prucha the real deal or is he scoring because of the chances created by the great plaeyrs around him? What kind of ceiling do you see for him points-wise? I haven't been able to catch any games this year so i have no idea if he's the one creating the scoring chances or just in the right place at the right time. Nevertheless, 21 goals for a rookie who started off real slow is still impressive

Nah trade him, I hope his success has no positive effect on your fantasy team.

Old
01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
hasn't been as hot lately
Eight goals in his last twelve games.

Old
01-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
he rarely creates his own chances
This is silly. Maybe you're talking power play. But when at even strength he almost always creates his own chances, usually out of nothing. His most recent example was that backhander in Edmonton( I think) where he drove solo against two defenders for sixty feet and made a goal out of nothing. I've got a highlight reel full of the stuff where he gets the puck along the boards and plain marches into the middle for a shot on goal or takes the bank-in shot off the goalie when everybody else on this team would prefer to pass the puck around the perimeter. And I'm still laughing on that charge up the left wing where he applied the brakes like Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Rafaksi wet his pants and couldn't stop in time - he flew by. PP took a forty foot wrister while falling down and beat Brodeur top shelf stick side (last game of the pre-season)

And what is so amazing is that Petr does this stuff with so few minutes on the ice. He leads the league in goals per shot and is second only to Svatos for goals per minute of ice time.

The times when he's parked by the post for the tap-home comes on the power play. And how cany anyone "make their own chances" with a man advantage?

Old
01-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
This is silly. Maybe you're talking power play. But when at even strength he almost always creates his own chances, usually out of nothing. His most recent example was that backhander in Edmonton( I think) where he drove solo against two defenders for sixty feet and made a goal out of nothing. I've got a highlight reel full of the stuff where he gets the puck along the boards and plain marches into the middle for a shot on goal or takes the bank-in shot off the goalie when everybody else on this team would prefer to pass the puck around the perimeter. And I'm still laughing on that charge up the left wing where he applied the brakes like Tom Cruise in Top Gun. Rafaksi wet his pants and couldn't stop in time - he flew by. PP took a forty foot wrister while falling down and beat Brodeur top shelf stick side (last game of the pre-season)

And what is so amazing is that Petr does this stuff with so few minutes on the ice. He leads the league in goals per shot and is second only to Svatos for goals per minute of ice time.

The times when he's parked by the post for the tap-home comes on the power play. And how cany anyone "make their own chances" with a man advantage?
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was about to respond to him with all the samethings. To say he doesnt make his own chances is ludacris. Thanks for standing up for your boy Ro.

Btw, as for Prucha not being hot lately...If 8 goals in 12 games is considered not being too hot...wow.

Old
01-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
In a nutshell, I'd say the kid reminds me of Marty St. Louis... which is a damn good thing, IMO

Old
01-20-2006, 08:24 AM
bathgate

Does Prucha remind anybody of Bossy?

Old
01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
What has impressed me about Prucha has been his positioning. He is so smart without the puck. On the PP when the puck is on the right boards, he's planted firmly at the left post. He moves well without the puck to help teammates. And it was a great look to find Rozsival for the third goal last night.

01-20-2006, 09:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate
Does Prucha remind anybody of Bossy?

Prucha's a better skater.

Old
01-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Talisman_52

As a long time lurker and my first time post, here is my evaluation of Prucha....

He's everything that I was hoping Brendl would become when he was hyped and drafted.

Old
01-20-2006, 10:16 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman_52
As a long time lurker and my first time post, here is my evaluation of Prucha....

He's everything that I was hoping Brendl would become when he was hyped and drafted.

That's actually a very good way to put it.

Old
01-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Btw, as for Prucha not being hot lately...If 8 goals in 12 games is considered not being too hot...wow.
that's a testimate to how hot he was earlier. i just expect him to score every game now

;P

Old
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_chan02
Can rangers fans fill me in - Is Petr Prucha the real deal or is he scoring because of the chances created by the great plaeyrs around him? What kind of ceiling do you see for him points-wise? I haven't been able to catch any games this year so i have no idea if he's the one creating the scoring chances or just in the right place at the right time. Nevertheless, 21 goals for a rookie who started off real slow is still impressive
Answer: Yes. Go to the link below to read the best eval of Prucha's talent. This guy called it.

http://www.leaderboard.com/rodent.htm

Old
01-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Its a PP Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
Answer: Yes. Go to the link below to read the best eval of Prucha's talent. This guy called it.

http://www.leaderboard.com/rodent.htm
He nailed it.

Prucha looks to be a solid 30 goal scorer who never stops working. When he doesn't score goals his relentless effort creates scoring opportunities and wears down opposing defenseman. Yes, he fits nicely into the system and benefits from it but he's also a dynamic player who does well with anyone on his line. He's the real deal.

Old
01-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Smelco

Hes the real deal.

and hes going to get better. He was originally supposed to be a playmaker instead of a scorer and we are starting to see some of that now too.

I thought the only thing nicer than his two goals yesterday, was the tasty dish he passed to Roszival for the winner.

Old
01-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Edge

Prucha still reminds me (production wise) of Mike Gartner.

I can easily see him as a guy who year in and year out gets 30-40 goals and doesn't really deviate from that. He does what he does best, score goals.

But it all depends, no one really know whether Prucha is the real deal or not till his third season.

The sad reality is players come and go a lot in hockey history and some great rookie seasons have been followed up by pretty average careers. That holds true for any rookie and it's really no different for guys like Lundqvist or Prucha. That's always one thing to keep in mind that comes with watching hockey over the long haul.

Old
01-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadude
Prucha is an interesting study; he can score goals by instincts and uncanny positioning. The guy is great at getting his stick into the right place. He is not an impact player on the other side of the puck most of the time and he rarely creates his own chances. He is basically a pure sniper with grit but shy on size. It will be interesting to see how his career works out. I think he could be great or he could become a flash in the pan. It really could go eithier way but right now he is simply blowing all expectations away and its really nice to see.

Please go to following link:

http://www.nhl.com/players/8470072.html

Click on the "recent video" button.

Observe closely and you will see how Prucha creates an opportunity or ten for himself.

Old
01-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Ola

I have to defende CanadaDude here. Prucha is a really interesting casestudy like he said and my guess is that CD ment that Prucha doesn't nearly create enough by himself to guess/expect that he would score 23 goals in 40 games, right? I mean his shoting % is fantastic for example. 27% is unheard of. Ovechkin would score 160 goals if he had the same %.

Old
01-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Fletch

His shooting percent..

is quite high. I've seen Prucha create enough for himself to believe that he can create his own magic. I would like to see him shoot a bit more (which could result in lowering his shooting percentage, as several of his goals (say 5 or 6) were tap ins. But, the kid's had what, three breakaways and is three for three on breakaways? Let's face it, he's opportunistic and pounces when he gets the chance, which could explain his high shooting percentage. Can that continue? I can't say, but it has already happened so it's tough to question.

Old
01-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
is quite high. I've seen Prucha create enough for himself to believe that he can create his own magic. I would like to see him shoot a bit more (which could result in lowering his shooting percentage, as several of his goals (say 5 or 6) were tap ins. But, the kid's had what, three breakaways and is three for three on breakaways? Let's face it, he's opportunistic and pounces when he gets the chance, which could explain his high shooting percentage. Can that continue? I can't say, but it has already happened so it's tough to question.
I agree, normally a rookie who is on his way to score 40 goals(!) is a sure bet to become a goto franchise type of player. Prucha isn't that and even if I am pretty sure that he always will be atleast a solid 20-25 goal scorer the fact that most of his goals are, like you said, opportunistic it means that teams that plays him well should be able to shut him down. Even the goals he scored "on his own" where "opportunistic" because the other team didn't exactly play good defense, but on the other hand what goals aren't result of a bad defensive play?

Old
01-23-2006, 05:47 PM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Hi guys. Philly fan here (don't kill me) .

I wanted to let you guys know that this thread, along with Rodent's page on Prucha, helped me to pull the trigger on a fantasy trade today. I really am hoping that Prucha continues to excel because he was the main reason I made the trade. In a keeper league I traded Todd Bertuzzi for Glen Murray and Petr Prucha. I was very unsure about the trade because I am not hot on Murray since he no longer has Thornton feeding him. I really hope Prucha isn't a flash in the pan. After reading about him here and elsewhere and watching the highlight reel with every goal this year, I think I got myself a real sniper.

Just a little weird having a NYR player on my team.

Closed Thread