HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Frans Nielsen to BUF at the Draft

Old
02-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
Buffalo has tons of young D men, none that are top 4 right now, but the Islanders are along way from contending anyways.

Gauthheir-Leduc 19
Pysyk 20
McNabb 21
Brennan 22
Schiestel 22
Finley 24
Weber 24
Gragnani 24

Every team has young D, they're called prospects. We're looking for one that's physical, NHL ready and still has room to grow.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post

Every team has young D, they're called prospects. We're looking for one that's physical, NHL ready and still has room to grow.
Brennan and McNabb then. McNabb is NHL ready right now (IMO will be VERY good, based on what he has shown this year), Brennan, is also mostly NHL ready(will probably be good after a little polishing), ready for sure by next season.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:47 PM
mespo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
Brennan and McNabb then. McNabb is NHL ready right now (IMO will be VERY good, based on what he has shown this year), Brennan, is also mostly NHL ready(will probably be good after a little polishing), ready for sure by next season.
As I mentioned before, don't really know much about McNabb, but his size is great and his numbers look great and I like what HF has to say about him. Put him with Tavares' skating coach and it won't be his weakness anymore. What would a deal look like with McNabb invovled?

mespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespo View Post
As I mentioned before, don't really know much about McNabb, but his size is great and his numbers look great and I like what HF has to say about him. Put him with Tavares' skating coach and it won't be his weakness anymore. What would a deal look like with McNabb invovled?

Would look like a dead deal.

Sabres aren't dealing McNabb for Frans Freakin' Nielsen.

Why? ... Because Sabres are in just as much of a need for that type of Dman as the Isles.

like someone said earlier.... we'll come back in a few years to gauge Frans worth.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
SlugLife978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post

How about you make an actual offer then, and lets talk hockey if our proposals are so ridiculous
You mean an actual offer like Sekera (A top 4 d-man, one of your agreed upon needs) + picks and a prospect? Pretty sure I did that. Doesn't matter, though. This thread jumped the shark at "meyers" for Nielsen.

Oh well, so much for getting a new Jochen Hecht.

SlugLife978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:16 PM
ponder

If the Isles were going to trade him, they would have done so by the deadline, but instead they extended him. Jeff Carter aside, players are rarely traded within 6ish months of signing an extension, so I think Nielsen is simply not on the table.

Personally I was hoping the Leafs would go after him, thought he wasn't going to re-sign with the Isles, but that's not how it went down.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:21 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post

They may not all be ready to play in the NHL, but i'm sure they're good enough to play for the Islanders.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
They may not all be ready to play in the NHL, but i'm sure they're good enough to play for the Islanders.
Good one

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Glorydays22

Quote:
We don't understand because you Islanders fans don't make sense. Sure Nielsen is good defensively, his backhand in the shootout is solid and he's great at getting trucked by Brayden McNabb. The offensive stars like Roy make the big bucks and have higher value than a 40 point defensive forward.
Ok since us islander fans haven't spelled it out for you that he isnt' available unless it's an OVER payment. Since you only want to hear what you want..then how about this

Nielsen for a bag of pucks...does that make you feel better??

Glorydays22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:
yeah, cuz the Sabres look reeeeeeaaaaaaallllll good this year

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote