HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

"Aww, that's Nash-ty." Nash Rumors Part V: McKenzie says down to Rangers/Sharks

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 01:17 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
"Aww, that's Nash-ty." Nash Rumors Part V: McKenzie says down to Rangers/Sharks

Continue

Old
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

We're going to make it to 10 threads on this, aren't we?

RANGERS =
Old
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Pizza

Monday @ 3pm EST or when a deal is confirmed.

....then we'll talk about the deal for a month or two or more maybe.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
We're going to make it to 10 threads on this, aren't we?
At this pace? Yes we are.

02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
lJuicel

Yup Nash or no Nash, I'm just ready for this to be over. Not to mention its murdering my productivity at work lol.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
GarretJoseph

I'd settle for

Wolski + Eminger + Thomas + 12' 1st & 13' 1st
for
Nash & 13' 2nd.

No Krieder, No Dubinsky, No Del Zotto No McDonagh.

Dubinsky still has a role to play on this team. When, not if, we run into cap trouble and Dubinsky is still playing like crap (in terms of numbers), then we dump his ass. If we get Nash, this is the year we chase the cup & Dubinsky will have to play a part in that.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I'd settle for

for
Nash & 13' 2nd.

Dubinsky still has a role to play on this team. When, not if, we run into cap trouble and Dubinsky is still playing like crap (in terms of numbers), then we dump his ass. If we get Nash, this is the year we chase the cup & Dubinsky will have to play a part in that.
Why would Columbus ever make that trade?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I'd settle for

for
Nash & 13' 2nd.

So basically Thomas and two 1sts. Not sure that's going to help Columbus much...for several years at least. Nash is a very good player, but he's still not worth 7.8M.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
I'd settle for

for
Nash & 13' 2nd.

Like i've said prior, Columbus is looking for good young NHL level players to build up with Johansen and Yakupov. In essence, take Nash and Carter's returns to turn them into a version of the Oilers.

That is why they so badly want the Schenn, Couturier, JVR package from the Flyers and that is why they want McD, MDZ from the Rangers. Those players fall into their category of what they want.

The package you offered would probably kill any future potential trades between the two franchises. Its like offering Rozsival, Dubinsky and a second for Eric Staal.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Again though, those teams were not like the 93-94 teams. The teams later were just all FA's who were past their primes. That was a garbage way to try to win a cup. We had no youth, no hungry players, no nothing.

We acutally have a great core again like in the early 90s. All we had to do then was add a missing peice or two.
It is very possible that a few different bounces, we dont win that Cup. It just so happened that it worked in 94, didn't work every year after that. I'd rather not have it work ( or barely miss out on the cup) and have to go through another stretch of constant frustration. I think that's what everyone is scared of who's making this argument.

There's three things that actually are guaranteed in all of this, if it happens. NYR get an offensively talented player, they lose highly regarded prospect(s), Nash's contract limits what we can do financially in the future in some aspect at least. Everything else is a crap shoot

Old
02-22-2012, 01:31 PM
bubba5

Quote:
I'd settle for

for
Nash & 13' 2nd.

Why don't you throw in Redden, Bickel and Avery just to be a good sport.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
eco's bones

Call up Yzerman. What do you want for St. Louis? One of Dubinsky/Anisimov--one of McIlrath/Erixon--2012 1st rd. That should be enough. We get a better cap hit and not this 7 year term. We get a proven winner who's already won for the coach we have now. I think he's got more game than Nash as well.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
I'd settle for

for
Nash & 13' 2nd.

For the cap hit, I don't think there's been a worse Ranger on the team this year than Dubinsky. There I said it. If you don't even want to part with Dubinsky, then you don't seriously want this trade.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

For what he is doing right now, Dubi is being overpaid by 2 million at least.

I'm sure people would agree that Nash is maybe overpaid by 1 million or so. Do the math, guys.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The math is that this is the first year Dubinsky has regressed rather than improved. 24-30-54 last year.

If we are adding him just as a salary dump in this deal... I mean.

Players have down years. Friggin Tony Amonte had one down year productionwise, we dealt him and he was a 30-40 goal scorer for the next 6 years.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

I'm sure people would agree that Nash is maybe overpaid by 1 million or so. Do the math, guys.
Dubi only counts against the cap. Nash, counts against the cap (at in inflated rate relative to his production) as well as costing significant assets. I've done the math and it's pretty clear we should steer clear. If we have an issue with Dubinsky not being worth his contract we can deal him quite easily should the need arise. The best solution to a problem is not to create another problem. lol

Old
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
OverTheCap

Wolski is easily the worst Ranger in terms of cap hit. $3.8 million for a healthy scratch.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Dubi only counts against the cap. Nash, counts against the cap (at in inflated rate relative to his production) as well as costing significant assets. I've done the math and it's pretty clear we should steer clear. If we have an issue with Dubinsky not being worth his contract we can deal him quite easily should the need arise.
Dubi's cap hit+WW's cap hit=Nash's cap hit.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Esa 10

Quote:

Perhaps the real reason for the pursuit of Nash is the desire to dump Dubi's contract?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Why do people keep bringing this up? WW has nothing to do with anything. He's done as a Ranger as soon as his contract is up...if not sooner. His space can be used for any player. It doesn't have to be spent on Nash. And personally I'd rather just use it on a 5M player who scores 25-30 goals every year who will cost far less in assets and provide for greater cap flexibility. We don't need another overpriced superstar. They are almost never worth their cost anyway.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Why do people keep bringing this up? WW has nothing to do with anything. He's done as a Ranger as soon as his contract is up...if not sooner. His space can be used for any player. It doesn't have to be spent on Nash. And personally I'd rather just use it on a 5M player who scores 25-30 goals every year who will cost far less in assets and provide for greater cap flexibility. We don't need another overpriced superstar. They are almost never worth their cost anyway.
If Bobby Ryan becomes available, I take him over Nash any day, if that's what you mean.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
fists2cuffsny
Rookie User

Quote:
why do people keep bringing this up? Ww has nothing to do with anything. He's done as a ranger as soon as his contract is up...if not sooner. His space can be used for any player. It doesn't have to be spent on nash. And personally i'd rather just use it on a 5m player who scores 25-30 goals every year who will cost far less in assets and provide for greater cap flexibility. We don't need another overpriced superstar. They are almost never worth their cost anyway.
agreed

Old
02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
This year. Next year we'd be increasing our cap commitment by 3.6 mil without adding any players. No one knows what the cap will be next year, but don't be surprised if it goes down.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:53 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
I've noticed a lot of people bringing that up as well. I'm not sure if they are playing dumb, are under the mentality that Nash is a rental with an expiring contract, or are just plain clueless. Fitting in Nash isn't an issue for this season. It's down the road when our RFAs are due for raises when it becomes a concern.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
IHeartMattCooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I've noticed a lot of people bringing that up as well. I'm not sure if they are playing dumb, are under the mentality that Nash is a rental with an expiring contract, or are just plain clueless. Fitting in Nash isn't an issue for this season. It's down the road when our RFAs are due for raises when it becomes a concern.
I've seen a lot of that, as well as "I'll worry about 2014 in 2014" I hope to god people don't run their personal finances that way.

Closed Thread