HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Bryzgalov ever be worth his contract? All Bryz Discussion Here. Part Four

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
aren't goalies supposed to be crouched, ready to go into the butterfly at almost all times? He seems too non-chalant.
no, they are taught to look over [sometimes around] the players to locate the puck. if you are always crouched, you expose the top half & almost assuredly can't see the puck.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Flyerfan4life

why is ANYONE at this point even replying to BP74 ???

like at all.. he clearly has no intention of discussing anything, he's foot is firmly planted and has no plans to look at anything differently..

just let him enjoy his little Bryz lovein.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
exactly.
you didn't watch the actual goal, before claiming that he didn't get the pad down fast enough.

i rest my case.
next time, how about posting about what actually happened.

you and hkckplayer8 are right there with me, the, beef.

i dopn't care what Sobrien has said in the past, he blamed Bryz and invented a reason. if you don't want to call that biased, then substitute 'flat out wrong'
No, I'm not. If he would actually play like a consistent, solid starting goaltender worth 5.6 million dollars then I would have zero problem with him. However, even while he's performing badly you continue defending him...that's a big difference between us, and it's what makes you biased. I'm just calling it as it is. Even Bryz admits he hasn't been good.

When he does well he gets praised by me. Last night he did not do well, and he didn't look all that great.

I don't know how many times this season it's looked like he was turning it around, I began to get my hopes up...and then he slumped again. I want him to succeed. He just hasn't. At this point it's nearly time to just wait and see how he does next season, and hope he shows up for the playoffs.

I also don't get how anybody who criticizes Bryz is immediately "biased." That doesn't make any sense. He's done a lot that deserves criticism. It's not like he's playing really well and still taking heat. He's yet to show he can be good for more than 5 games in a row. That isn't going to cut it.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 02-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
you and hkckplayer8 are right there with me, if that's the case, beef.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

people that criticize bryz aren't immediately biased.
i criticized him on goal 4 & goal 2 vs Pitt & many times this year .. even when it wasn't resulting on a goal against.

people who invent things that didn't happen [Sobrien], or [like you] who admittedly blamed him on goal #1 because he made a mistake in a prior game are biased in judging that goal.

might not be biased over all, but were not objective in looking at goal #1.

and some post .gifs when they get exposed

Old
02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

The big goal that sucked last night was the flubbed shot off his glove that he sort of ducked at. I didn't like the look of that at all. but the other 3 were goals that could beat any NHL goalie. I really think he needs to play a lot bigger though. he crouches down so far in his stance. He really seems to move slower than he did in phoenix too. i am glad that laviolette didn't ***** out and pull him though. I blame that kind of lack of faith as one of the reasons he's in this predic and he's done that to both goalies too many times this year. If he's gonna recover his consistent play he's gonna have to be shown he's trusted and isn't walking on egg shells with every mistake. there's really only been 4 really good goalies from the start of the year anyway. henrik, thomas, quick, and howard. everybody else has been inconsistent and sloppy and most don't have the pressure and contract in a big market. factoring in all this, i think were getting somewhere. did the devils bail on kovalchuk last year, when he came out suckin?

Old
02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I said he was at blame because the goal was unscreened and stoppable. It went in anyways. Here's the thing: BRYZ LETS THOSE IN A LOT. It's a pattern. So, to say "oh it's just a hard shot" doesn't do a lot to make Bryz look better. If he stopped those shots all the time, then yes. That would indicate that it must have been a good shot. But...he gets beaten by those a lot. More than other goalies. Hell, pretty much any form of shot from anywhere beats him more often than other goalies. At that point you have to stop thinking that every shooter in the NHL shoots harder and more accurately only at Bryz (the only other explanation for all these fantastic, unstoppable goals against which you apologize for), and it's time to assume that Bryz is the problem because he isn't making saves.

Or, you could just completely ignore patterns that have been well established in his previous performances because they don't make him look very good. There's that, too, I guess.

For some reason pucks are getting by Bryz that could supposedly get by any goalie...yet, those other goalies are stopping them more often than Bryz.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:14 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
'Bash-A-Delphians'
Hahaha I like that!

Old
02-22-2012, 04:16 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

I said he was at blame because the goal was unscreened and stoppable. It went in anyways. Here's the thing: BRYZ LETS THOSE IN A LOT. It's a pattern. So, to say "oh it's just a hard shot" doesn't do a lot to make Bryz look better. If he stopped those shots all the time, then yes. That would indicate that it must have been a good shot. But...he gets beaten by those a lot. More than other goalies. Hell, pretty much any form of shot from anywhere beats him more often than other goalies. At that point you have to stop thinking that every shooter in the NHL shoots harder and more accurately only at Bryz (the only other explanation for all these fantastic, unstoppable goals against which you apologize for), and it's time to assume that Bryz is the problem because he isn't making saves.

Or, you could just completely ignore patterns that have been well established in his previous performances because they don't make him look very good. There's that, too, I guess.
The only goalie that you can really compare him to is bob...because they play for the same team.

Other factors come into play with other goalies on different teams. It's impossible to say how someone like Lundy would do here, because we don't know...

And I'm not saying every goal is unstoppable...

Old
02-22-2012, 04:21 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:

For some reason pucks are getting by Bryz that could supposedly get by any goalie...yet, those other goalies are stopping them more often than Bryz.

The reason is simply that Bryz has not been as good as a goalie as he was with Phoenix. PERIOD!!!! Bernie needs to accept that and move on from his biased view regarding Bryz. He's played better since the WC but still not good enough to win us a cup and certainly not even close to earning his contract.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix View Post
I also noticed that the "shoot!" (the puck into the blocking defender) people are frequently the same people who blame the goalie for breakdowns. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the players' ability and responsibility in each case.
I have noticed that, too. Ice hockey, for all its primitive aspects, is a hard game to understand. And if you don't want to understand it, you can't.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
The only goalie that you can really compare him to is bob...because they play for the same team.

Other factors come into play with other goalies on different teams. It's impossible to say how someone like Lundy would do here, because we don't know...

And I'm not saying every goal is unstoppable...
Bob isn't that great of a comparison, because he's still pretty raw. He's improved but he still has a lot to learn. He's only in his second year, and he's often coming in rusty. So really, it makes Bryz look worse that he's on the same level as Bob. One would hope that he could outperform a 2nd year undrafted backup goalie who hadn't had formal professional coaching until he got to the NHL...but he hasn't been doing a great job of that.

Lundqvist would be absolutely fine. I've watched Rangers games where the skaters have been thoroughly outplayed and he single handedly held them in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I have noticed that, too. Ice hockey, for all its primitive aspects, is a hard game to understand. And if you don't want to understand it, you can't.
Let me guess: you're one of the select few who has this Great Knowledge?

Old
02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

There are 42 goalies that have played in at least 20 games this year that have a better save percentage than Bryzgalov.

By any measure he has clearly underperformed.

02-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-deadline.html

Kevin Weekes' ranking of goaltending tandems in the NHL. Flyers are ranked.......sigh
he must be one of those pesky Anti-Bryz guys..

Old
02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Flyerfan4life

why isnt anyone explaining how Pavy stopped that empty netter late in the game ???

****en magican that save.. from empty netter to glvoe save in like .3 of a sec.

now thats a ELITE goalie save.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
why isnt anyone explaining how Pavy stopped that empty netter late in the game ???

Bryz has done it before. So, the potential is there:

Old
02-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
The big goal that sucked last night was the flubbed shot off his glove
definitely, he blew it, as I objectively said from the get-go
Quote:
but the other 3 were goals that could beat any NHL goalie.
not according to the Bash-A-Delphians ..... because that was Bryz, and he's played poorly at times this year, he's automatically to blame on those. He was in perfect position in goal #1, pad down, blocker above the pad & it went over the pad & under the blocker ..... yet they spout 'it was stoppable !!!' ... how ? by sprouting a 3rd arm & extra glove ?? WTFrick:

Quote:
i am glad that laviolette didn't ***** out and pull him though. I blame that kind of lack of faith as one of the reasons he's in this predic and he's done that to both goalies too many times this year. If he's gonna recover his consistent play he's gonna have to be shown he's trusted and isn't walking on egg shells with every mistake.
someone who gets it .... all the whining & moaning & bashing & Inventive Forum Thread Titles will change nothing. The Flyers made their decision & the Bashers are just gonna have to get over it

Quote:
there's really only been 4 really good goalies from the start of the year anyway. henrik, thomas, quick, and howard. everybody else has been inconsistent and sloppy and most don't have the pressure and contract in a big market. factoring in all this, i think were getting somewhere. did the devils bail on kovalchuk last year, when he came out suckin?
you're really bringing in too much objectivity and common sense for the Bash-A-Delphians to handle

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 02-22-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Bryz has done it before. So, the potential is there:

the fact you had to go to the 'Yotes for that hilite reel is almost cry worthy, hahah..

Old
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

Meanwhile our goalie has flat out missed catching a routine shot two games in a row (Staal and Kane). It must be real fun to play in front of a guy who forces you to hold your breath at any puck headed toward the general vicinity of the net.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:02 PM
MrHockey1982

Bryz actually has the ability to be really good as shown in these highlights:

The problem is that he's letting in weak goals. Once he stops letting in the weak goals and can make saves like in this video with more regularity, then we will have the goalie we were looking for.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:03 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

they sure seemed to enjoy playing in front of him after the bounced back & closed the door & came up big ..

Old
02-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Bryz actually has the ability to be really good as shown in these highlights:
The problem is that he's letting in weak goals. Once he stops letting in the weak goals and can make saves like in this video with more regularity, then we will have the goalie we were looking for.
agreed. they can't keep yanking him when he messes up, or go toi Bob the next game.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
they sure seemed to enjoy playing in front of him after the bounced back & closed the door & came up big ..
Yeah, he came up huge alright. Ducked and completely whiffed on a **** shot to put the team behind and then was forced to make like two saves the rest of the way while the Flyers thoroughly dominated. What a stud.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Closed the door? He didn't close anything. The team played like their grandmother was in net and didn't let Winnipeg get any real chances. Pavelec closed the door. The Flyers just kept going, relentlessly, until they finally kicked it down.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
exactly correct: you DON'T understand.

the pads are 11 inches wide. when you are down, that means 11 inches high.

he was in perfect position for a PP one time bomb from Buff .... the puck was 11 3/4 inches off the ice [over the pad that was there]

Every see Pronger, Chara, Souray blast one in on the PP one-timer ?? .... he got over there, the puck was above his pad ... but, of course it's Bryz & you must fervently attack him ...

one bad goal. then he showed some balls & bounced back & got the win ... yet you try to invent a 2nd bad goal & act like they lost ...

exactly ... they're 'Bash-A-Delphians'

one bad goal & then bounced back for the rest of the game
this might be the dumbest thing I have ever read. Ok so he got there, but the puck still beat him, obviously making it a bad goal. If he is there in time, down on the ice, he should be able to stop the puck. Obviously he didnt, thus making it a bad goal, which in all reality it really was a poor goal to give up.

Also, any puck that hits the dead center of the net, should be considered a bad goal.

Last edited by flyersguy33*: 02-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Closed Thread