HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ted Purcell to Calgary Flames

Old
02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 500
Ted Purcell to Calgary Flames

What would it take to get a guy like Ted Purcell to Calgary?
Flames aren't overly willing to give up great prospects nor should we give up our first round pick.
Would Greg Neimez, and a 3rd be a good starting point? Probably add more?

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:34 PM
IdealisticSniper

With Downie being dealt, its pretty clear he is going nowhere. It was going to be one of the two of them.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:39 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
With Downie being dealt, its pretty clear he is going nowhere. It was going to be one of the two of them.
Not even if a winger not named glencross or tanguay also came back in the deal? The flames could use some scoring help and it's safe to say the lightening aren't going to get into the playoffs

Old
02-21-2012, 08:44 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Haha, Tanguay back with the Lightning.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:04 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Not even if a winger not named glencross or tanguay also came back in the deal? The flames could use some scoring help and it's safe to say the lightening aren't going to get into the playoffs

Purcell is better then Glencross, and arguably better than Tanguay at this point in his career and Tanguay in TB again? No thanks.

And its safe to say the Lightning arent going to get into the playoffs? Hmmm we are 5 points back of 8th (or 3rd lol) with 24 games to play and games in hand on all of the teams we are chasing. Calgary is barely clinging to that 8th spot as well, not like they are locks.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:

Purcell is better then Glencross, and arguably better than Tanguay at this point in his career and Tanguay in TB again? No thanks.
I said not tangauy and I didn't say Purcell was worse the flames just have to keep those assets on the team and should not trade them

Old
02-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
This.

And Purcell's been on a tear the past few weeks, wouldn't want to trade him even if Downie wasn't traded either. He and Stamkos have been a nice productive line.

As for Tanguay: LOL

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
What about Chris Butler and Greg Nemisz?

And OP did not suggest Tanguay back to the Bolts. Good reading comprehesion skills.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:37 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

And its safe to say the Lightning arent going to get into the playoffs? Hmmm we are 5 points back of 8th (or 3rd lol) with 24 games to play and games in hand on all of the teams we are chasing. Calgary is barely clinging to that 8th spot as well, not like they are locks.
Not even close I understand not wanting tangs back but GlenX is better than Purcell in almost everyway.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Not even close I understand not wanting tangs back but GlenX is better than Purcell in almost everyway.
Yeah except the actually being better part. At worst they are comparable.

Purcell had 51 points last season, the last time Glencross had 50+ points was... Oh wait.

Purcell has more points this year as well, granted he has played a few more games.

Purcell undoubtedly has better stickhandling and passing ability. As well as more than likely a better wrist shot.

All that and I'm actually a big Glencross fan.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:56 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Purcell had 51 points last season, the last time Glencross had 50+ point was... Oh wait.

Purcell hashes points this years well, granted he has played a few more games.

Purcell undoubtedly has better stickhandling and passing ability. As well as more than likely a better wrist shot.

Purcell plays the most with Stamkos , GlenX plays the most with Jokinen pretty clear who has the better line mate. GlenX's shooting precent is 24 while Purcell's is 15. GlenX has a .73 ppg Purcell's is .67 ppg. Purcell plays an average of 1 second of pk time GlenX plays an average of 2:14. GlenX plays 1:54 pp time getting 9 pp points for a pppg of .2 while Purcell plays 1:57 pp time while getting 7 pp points for pppg .12.

I can not stress this enough GlenX is better in almost every way.

Old
02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:

Purcell had 51 points last season, the last time Glencross had 50+ points was... Oh wait.

Purcell has more points this year as well, granted he has played a few more games.

I like Purcell alot, but some of his point totals are due to playing with Stamkos (at least lately). Its a similar situation to Moulson playing with Tavares. I think Purcell and Glencross are similar players.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Purcell plays the most with Stamkos , GlenX plays the most with Jokinen pretty clear who has the better line mate. GlenX's shooting precent is 24 while Purcell's is 15. GlenX has a .73 ppg Purcell's is .67 ppg. Purcell plays an average of 1 second of pk time GlenX plays an average of 2:14. GlenX plays 1:54 pp time getting 9 pp points for a pppg of .2 while Purcell plays 1:57 pp time while getting 7 pp points for pppg .12.

I can not stress this enough GlenX is better in almost every way.
The only thing you have proven with all those numbers is they are very very similar with the exception that GlenX has an unsustainable shooting percentage and plays PK.

I've seen a lot of GlenX, as I said, I'm a fan. Obviously I've seen a lot of Purcell. Purcell is the better player.

As for linemates, first it was Stamkos is only good because he played with Marty. Now it's Purcell is only good because he plays with Stamkos. Sigh

Old
02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
The only thing you have proven with all those numbers is they are very very similar with the exception that GlenX has an unsustainable shooting percentage and plays PK.

I've seen a lot of GlenX, as I said, I'm a fan. Obviously I've seen a lot of Purcell. Purcell is the better player.

As for linemates, first it was Stamkos is only good because he played with Marty. Now it's Purcell is only good because he plays with Stamkos. Sigh
Never said that. I think they are similar players but you said Purcell is better and in almost every way he isn't I was proving you wrong.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:

You have seen Glencross play alot this season, when our games air in your time zone at 10pm... huh...

And he never said anything about Marty, why are you putting in his mouth. He simply was pointing out that Glencross does not have the quality of linemates that Purcell has, that is a fact.

Anyways, this thread is about the value of Purcell to Calgary. And you have not yet posted one proposal, which is the purpose of this thread. If you do not have anything conductive to post in this thread, then do not post in it.

Old
02-21-2012, 10:33 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:

When was the last time Purcell scored 24 goals? oh wait...What a lame argument.

Glencross is the better goal scorer.
Purcell is the better playmaker.
That much is clear at this point in time.

However the difference between these two players comes on the defensive side of the puck where Glencross has the large advantage.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I like Purcell's game a lot. But no way I'd move Glencross for him. Not even a chance. I'd move Tanguay for him in a second.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I like Purcell's game a lot. But no way I'd move Glencross for him. Not even a chance. I'd move Tanguay for him in a second.
Well and we don't wanna move Purcell for Glencross, so everyone will be happy

02-22-2012, 03:30 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
You have seen Glencross play alot this season, when our games air in your time zone at 10pm... huh...
Oh I wasnt aware I had a bedtime mommy. Sorry.

Quote:
And he never said anything about Marty, why are you putting in his mouth. He simply was pointing out that Glencross does not have the quality of linemates that Purcell has, that is a fact.
Im well aware of him not saying that. My point is this entire board was saying Stamkos was a product of St Louis. So now it seems that players that play with Stamkos are a product of Stamkos. Im just wondering who will be next in line that will be a product of playing with Purcell.

Quote:
Anyways, this thread is about the value of Purcell to Calgary. And you have not yet posted one proposal, which is the purpose of this thread. If you do not have anything conductive to post in this thread, then do not post in it.
I posted the most conclusive and concise answer in this thread already. Purcell isnt going to be traded now that Downie was. The end.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Rush519

i feel purcell gets the advantage due to the fact that he is 3 years younger, and seems to preform better in the playoffs, which ultimately thats what its about, but neither team does this trade because Purcell doesnt fit in Calgarys system, and Purcell fits too well in Tampas system, he is more valuable to Tampa then he is to Calgary so you wont be able to sway them without giving up too much value in calgary fans eyes

Rush519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:17 PM
chasespace

I expected Purcell to be moved over Downie but now that Downie has been shipped out I doubt he moves unless someone oeverpays for him at this point.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 04:27 PM
bassassin

Quote:

Why is time an issue for anyone. I live in the UK where a standard 7:30pm start time is 12:30am so a 3am finish yet I stay up for that, why would a 10pm start time stop anyone?

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote